4yr old Tortured for wetting his pants - Words escape me.

Smith

I can't say what I want to about this. How in the world can people argue against the DP!

Police: Man tortured 4-year-old to death for wetting his pants - CNN.com

(CNN) -- A Michigan man could face life in prison after he allegedly tortured and ultimately killed his girlfriend's 4-year-old son last week for wetting his pants, prosecutors say.

Brandon Joshua-Frederick Hayes, 24, "systematically beat" Dominick Calhoun, 4, "pummeling [him] with fists and kicking him" on his arms, legs and genitalia, Genesee County prosecutor David Leyton told CNN.

Hayes also apparently burned the boy in the course of the torture. "The knuckles across one hand were charred," Argentine Township police chief Dan Allen said.

"I've been doing this a long time, and this is the worst case of child abuse I've ever seen," the police chief said. "In all respects, he was tortured."

Prosecutors arraigned Hayes on Thursday on nine charges, including one count of first-degree premeditated murder, one count of first-degree child abuse and one count of torture, which by itself carries a possible life sentence.

"Little Dominick met his boogeyman, and that was defendant Hayes," Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell said at a news conference Thursday.

CNN was unable to reach someone who could speak on Hayes' behalf.

Hayes' motivation for his savage multiday attack on the boy was that the child "had wet his pants," Leyton said. "It had happened before."

Hayes also resented the child because his "biological father wouldn't pay child support," Leyton said.

Dominick's mother, Corrine Baker, was present for at least some of the beating and tried to shield the boy from Hayes' aggression, authorities said.

"She tried to lay on top of the child to guard the child against being beat any further, but she was beat in the process," according to the police chief.

The sequence of events that led to the discovery of the abuse began when Baker's sister and several acquaintances came to the apartment to buy drugs from Hayes, according to Allen. After seeing Dominick's condition, the sister alerted the boy's paternal grandfather, who in turn contacted authorities.

When emergency responders entered the apartment on the afternoon of April 11, Dominick was "barely alive." EMS transferred him to Hurley Hospital in Flint, where he was pronounced brain dead.

The boy was taken off life support the following morning.

Dominick's mother's whereabouts and actions through all portions of the torture session remain somewhat hazy. The county prosecutor said his office is "still investigating her involvement in all this."

"She's also culpable for putting him in the dangerous position in the first place," he added.

Baker was taken into custody on Sunday but released later. Attempts to reach her at her home Thursday evening were unsuccessful.

The town police chief said Baker and her son had been brought to the attention of Genesee County Department of Child Services on several occasions. The agency did not respond to CNN's requests for comment Thursday.

It was not immediately clear whether Baker's involvement with the child services agency predated her relationship with Hayes. The police chief said he believed Baker and Hayes had been together for about six months.

story.hayes.mdoc.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tiny G

The young boy is at peace now and his innocent blood will stand as a witness against this man when he meets his maker at his day of judgment. Hopefully they'll put a needle in his arm to speed that meeting along.

Unbelievable! I hope they get the mother soon and charge her as well for leaving the child with him.

+1

I wish they would start charging the mothers, too. It would probably be a slippery slope, but something needs done about all these women who allow these type of men around their children.

I can't decide whether to cry or rage against this scum. One of the very few good things to come out of prisons is that most of those incarcerated will feel as we do and take care of this pitiful excuse for a human being for us.

Guest mosinon
I would like to have just 5 minutes alone in a room with this piece of :popcorn:, this makes my blood boil to no end

I bet someone just as pissed gets a lot more than 5 minutes with this guy. I don't think his fellow prisoners will look on this too kindly and I bet word gets out... somehow

Guest milkman

They need to throw the book at the mother, I don't give a F*** what she was doing one quick call to 911 and the whole thing would have been quick.

I was going to end the post above but I am so unbelievably pi$$ed at this story right now.

• Admin Team

You know, the part of this that really gets me is that I know so many people struggling to have kids of their own. Going through all kinds of hormone treatments, en vitro, adoption, etc... just to try and provide a safe place for a kid in the world.

Yet, scum like this can have kids, and treat them worse than unwanted animals.

I don't do so much of it anymore, but our forensic team used to do a lot of child protection work. Everything about those cases absolutely sucks. You go home somedays just weeping for these kids, and you can't come to any rationalization of it because these sickos are truly broken. You can't understand it because it can't be understood. It took a lot of counseling for my team and I to come to grips with that.

One thing made it worth it, though. Sending those dirtbags to jail, knowing that they wouldn't hurt anyone else.

Man...this thread has my blood boiling. I hope they bury this guy.

Michigan is a no kill state so the POS should at least spend the rest of his life, hopefully a short one, in prison. I can honestly say that inmates do have a code that when dealing with child abusers and molesters is more appropiate than most sentences. Personally, despite all the other issues, I agree totally with how inmates deal with these predators of children. One can only wish that his petition to be placed in protective custody while he is incarcerated be denied or at least delayed enough for his fellow inmates to give this young child the justice he deserves but will not get from the legal system.

Dolomite