Best 9MM SemiAuto 300-400 bucks ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find a used Glock?

You could also pick up an FM Argentine Hi-power. I have been contemplating a purchase from J&G Sales, as they have them for $300 and I have yet to hear a valid complaint. There are several reports of the front sight popping off of them, but after investigation, I learned it was the same guy posting a dozen times about it.

I have never fired a Ruger semi-auto, or a Bersa, but I have heard great things about them.

There are so many good guns you could get in that price range. I agree with DaddyO that Bersa guns are very underrated. My choice would be what Murgatroy suggested - I'd look for a good used Glock. But that's just me. Taurus has come a long way over the last decade or so and you could most likely pick up a brand new Taurus 9mm and stay within your budget. Just keep your eyes open. There are a ton of good pistols you could pick up for less than $400. Good luck.

I do not want a glock used or new...no offence but its just not my cup of tea...and I really do not want

a used gun of any brand when they are usually only 50 bucks less than a new gun from what I see in the

for sale sections everywhere......

Edited by SonnyCrockett

In your price range.

Ruger P95 300$

Taurus PT111 M Pro 320$

Many More Taurus 300-400 price range

Kahr CW9 410$

A bit more is the Sig Sauer P250 for 425$

There is plenty out there just start a search and you should find something to fit the bill

I do not want a glock used or new...no offence but its just not my cup of tea...and I really do not want

a used gun of any brand when they are usually only 50 bucks less than a new gun from what I see in the

for sale sections everywhere......

If you don't want to buy used your choices are limited. A lot of quality firearms are priced in the 400-600 dollar range. Sub 400 you're looking at Bersa, Hi Point, EAA/tangfolio, Ruger, Taurus....

My favrite from that list is a Non polymer Witness if you can find one. Or a Bersa. Haven't shot one yet but I hear they're pretty nice.

Guest 70below

I guess I'm the only person thats ever had issues with a Bersa. I was really psych'd up about getting one after all I had read about them, and I never made it through a full mag with it. I sold it and the guy that bought it fiddled with it and eventually made it work, but I wouldn't trust one for anything.

For the price, I'd go with a S&W Sigma, you can get them for $300-325 delivered usually, they function flawlessly, and are of good quality. Often they have a $50 mail in rebate or two free mags. The triggers are a little stiff, but they break in.

Im looking to get something for messing with at the range and other targets,

Does it need to be a semi-auto?

Cheap Tupperware guns aren’t going to make good target guns. But $400 might get you close to a revolver that would be good for target shooting. (If you found the right deal.:D)

Guest Bluemax

Seeing as how you are a Miami Vice fan, I would look for a Smith and Wesson 3906 or the 59 series. They are Smiths 3rd gen stainless autos. They have been discontinued but a lot of police trade ins in good condition are around for the 250.00 to 350.00 range. Oh yea the gun Sonny carried ( after the Bren Ten ) was a Smith 645 but all of the stainless versions Smith made looked very similar

CZ P07. Hands down the best of any in that category and many above it. Great pistol.

other than a used glock this was my favorite read from the list, but this is a little outside the OP price range i believe, i like the .22 suggestion

+1 on the Bersa. Ambi, hammer drop safety, accurate, dead reliable. I have the .380CC and the 9MM Ultra Carry, and will soon have the .45 UC. All in black matte. Go to BersaChat and see why they are so popular. Good luck in your search.

Guest tbone

I know you stated that you didn't want used for $50.00 less than new. However, I have seen Ruger P85 and 89 on Gunbroker for the $225 to $275 range. Crimson trace makes laser grips for them that are also around $200. That could possibly give you a laser sighted gun for around $400. Just a thought.

Shopping in Memphis for anything :P:poop: ......Really !

We don't always have the best selection in town, but there are places you can get affordable transfers. Last time I checked, Arms Fair on Trinity Road in Cordova only charged $35 for a transfer (which includes the $10 TCIS charge). There are many deals on gunbroker that you could snag and transfer in. I've done a couple of transfers. Takes a week or two from purchase to taking it home, but you can save some money.