Skinny Guys with no butts (IWB CC)

xRUSTYx

Its no lie ...

I'm 6' and weigh 155-160lbs. I have no rear end, which makes "not printing" extremely difficult.

I have a P238 which I can realistically IWB Carry and not print about 90% of the time. However, I would REALLY like to move up to the new to me Kimber Ultra Carry I just got.

For those that are skinny and/or have no gluteus maximus, how do you cope :drool: I would really love to move up to a subcompact (like the Kimber UC) instead of the Micro I have now. Any tips/pointers/etc....?

Pics:

P238 (Concealed)

IMG_9403.jpg

P238 (Not Concealed)

IMG_9404.jpg

Kimber Ultra Carry (Concealed)

IMG_9406.jpg

Kimber Ultra Carry (Not Concealed)

IMG_9407.jpg

Edited by Bronker
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, try hiking your pants up a bit and tighten your belt one notch. That should pull the grip in closer to your body. You might also try moving the carry location closer to the 4:30-5:00 position.

What holster are you using? I have had great luck with the Kholster, and others like the Crossbreed a lot. You can adjust the cant on them to rotate the grip up more, which also effectively shortens it.

I have to agree with the pulling the pants up and tightening the belt. I would also suggest moving the position to either the 5 o'clock like mentioned above, or rotating forward to 2:20ish. That would prevent the printing a lot better.

The other option is to try a cross draw at the 10:30 position, something I have pondered doing, since I do a lot of driving, it would be easier to draw from a seated position.

- You're also not doing yourself any favors using an IWB holster that has belt attachments at the already thickest part of the gun/holster.

- Also, neither of those look like they are canted at all...15-20 degree forward cant will help hide gun butt immensely.

- OS

Agree with most of the above. I'm skinny, far more skinny than you are, and I have not problem concealing a Glock 19 or XD subcompact.

Move the holster further towards your butt and maybe consider a different holster. It also appears a better belt would help.

I use the wilderness belt which is great.

Funniest thread in a while......Now I feel old and fat.........TY fellas !

I think those summer comfort holster suck,but thats me....I prefer holsters like Mtac,Kholster,Supertucks

because the spread the weight out and dont pull on the pants in one concentrated spot but the trick for me was the

magwell,a baby glock has a short double stack mag and is easy to hide,big long 1911 style single stacks mags

would stick out on my too easy - also by looking at your position,your gun for me is too far back,id clock it up another number

if it were me but the 238 is closer than the 1911

JMHO, but who cares about your style, looks like you dress like most of the guys I know, dress how you please... but, I'd say ditch that cute .380 with the miniture safety that you'd probably miss sweeping off if you had to, and I'd think again about any 3 inch-ish 1911 (known jam-o-matics), especially one that says Kimber on the slide.

Get yourself a Glock, a Blade-tech Nano or a Comp-Tac Infidel (small footprints) and a 5.11 casual belt that'll hold it without looking like a gun belt.

Guest TargetShooter84

Agreed with others. Pull your saggy pants up, thats a number one thing cops will look for.

Saggy pants = trouble maker.

Is there a good link to a wilderness belt?

The recommendation to pull the pants up has nothing to do with how I feel about his style. It has to do with function. If the pants are pulled up, the gun will ride higher and conceal better. With the belt loose and the pants low, there is more of a chance that the weight of the gun will pull his pants down. That would be a rather embarrassing situation.

As far as the tramp stamp, I wasn't gonna mention that, but since someone else did...

I have a few pairs of those jeans, if they are the ones I'm thinking of (only one's that fit in both the legs and waist right at the same time). I can't tell where your hip bones are, but I figure that you have the belt riding on them and these geezers are just used to Wranglers and Bugle Boys, which have the butt pockets sitting right on your upper buttock and no slack in the bottom. If you are sagging, don't, but I can understand if you don't have any butt. You really need to get a holster with a cant. That alone will make a huge difference. Your belt is fine as long as it doesn't deform. Also, if you get a lighter gun, you won't have to worry about pulling your pants down, but then again, us young guys can't just go out and buy a gun on a whim. I carry a CZ 75 in a MTAC holster with a regular belt that I've had for 8 or 9 years and I have no problems unless I wear a really thin/short/tight tshirt.

and for the record, I am NOT sagging. MY ENTIRE BUTT IS COVERED! I have NO BUTT -- Meaning -- MY BACK RUNS IN TO MY BUTT AND YOU CAN'T TELL. Example: You can stick a ruler from my back to my butt, and it would lay flat!!!

A belt will certainly help with the "weight" pulling my pants down even further. Thanks for the link Erik! And thanks for understanding EXACTLY what I am going through Kelemvor :D Much appreciated!

Edited by Bronker
and for the record, I am NOT sagging. MY ENTIRE BUTT IS COVERED! I have NO BUTT -- Meaning -- MY BACK RUNS IN TO MY BUTT AND YOU CAN'T TELL. Example: You can stick a ruler from my back to my butt, and it would lay flat!!!

A belt will certainly help with the "weight" pulling my pants down even further. Thanks for the link Erik! And thanks for understanding EXACTLY what I am going through Kelemvor :D Much appreciated!

for what it's worth. I have a crossbreed supertuck and a Kholster and they both do a great job. Unless you just want to spend 2x as much money I would get the Kholster.

And here's a code for 10% off 05-4509

Edited by Bronker