carrying my full size

Guest NashvegasMatt

Guest NashvegasMatt

So I've been getting a lot of crap from my friends about carrying my S&W sigma. They can't seem to understand that it is really not that uncomfortable. They all carry little .380's and think I should do the same. After carrying this gun for a few weeks now, it really dosen't bother me at all, and besides.... If I had to use it I'd much rather be packing a full size .40 than a .380 anyday.. My thought was maybe I should go half way, like purchase a SR9C or something of the sort. I do understand the benefit of it being smaller, but no where I go has ever given me problems about carrying.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like it I think you're fine. I chose the XD9sc because I thought I needed smaller and wanted something to enjoy also. I had never

carried a gun before this year. If I had to do it over I would most likely choose the service mode instead. Always chaps me when people

give you grief over the things you pick, like they know what is better for you. Enjoy.

Joe W.

I'm right there with you. I'll take a service caliber weapon over a mousegun any day of the week. If you can conceal the 40VE, then carry it with confidence. I carry a Smith M&P 45C, which is about the same size as the Sigma, in a K&D Thunderbird Defender and it disappears under nothing more than a T Shirt.

Never sacrifice safety for convenience. My :D.

I carry a Kimber 1911 in an IWB holster, and I find it quite comfortable. Concealment hasn't been a problem so far, and like you, I'd prefer it to a mouse gun in a fight any day.

Guest Guy N. Cognito

There are plenty of guns that bridge the gap between full sized service guns and pocket pistols:

Glock 26/27

S&W M&Pc 9/40

Ruger LCP

Walther PPS

Sig Sauer P239

......just to name a few. All of these are available in 9mm or better and have ample capacity.

Of course, their is no reason to switch guns if you are comfortable with your carry piece today. Personally, I tend to carry a Glock 19 in winter and a Glock 26 in summer. With the proper holster, either is easy to conceal.

I carry a Kimber Pro Eclipse, either IWB or OWB depending on weather. it was heavy at first, but now I feel weird without it. Some one here has a funny signature that says "I carry a .45 cause they dont make a .46", its commical but true. I wouldnt give up my .45 for .380 thats for sure. You just have to choose whats best for you and let the critics go eat s#!+ with the chickens!

Edited by Lumber_Jack
see signature below

When I was about 7 years old I stopped caring what other people thought. If you like the gun and don't mind carrying full size then do it!! At least you actually carry, unlike all the people with carry permits who never ever carry(I know several). I carry a Glock 19 most of the time and it doesn't bother me at all. I love my Ruger LCR too but I definitely feel more comfortable when I have a bigger gun on me.

Personally, I tend to carry a Glock 19 in winter and a Glock 26 in summer. With the proper holster, either is easy to conceal.

The G19/G26 combo is my favorite as well. Occasionally I carry a G22, but lately the G19 seems the best all around compromise for me.

Carry whatever you are comfortable with.

There are plenty of guns that bridge the gap between full sized service guns and pocket pistols:

Glock 26/27

S&W M&Pc 9/40

Ruger LCP

Walther PPS

Sig Sauer P239

......just to name a few. All of these are available in 9mm or better and have ample capacity.

Of course, their is no reason to switch guns if you are comfortable with your carry piece today. Personally, I tend to carry a Glock 19 in winter and a Glock 26 in summer. With the proper holster, either is easy to conceal.

Guy,

I think you're mistaken about the LCP. It's a .380

Guest rebelyell
I carry a Kimber Pro Eclipse, either IWB or OWB depending on weather. it was heavy at first, but now I feel weird without it. Some one here has a funny signature that says "I carry a .45 cause they dont make a .46", its commical but true. I wouldnt give up my .45 for .380 thats for sure. You just have to choose whats best for you and let the critics go eat s#!+ with the chickens!

plus 1 on that jack!

I prefer to carry a full size gun. I usually flip-flop around with the guns I carry. I might carry my Five-Seven, my Wilson CQB, or my Nighthawk T3 (not really full size, but close enough). I can shoot a full size gun better and I am more accurate. The one full size handgun that I own and will not carry is my Sig P226 X5 L1. I wanted to carry it since it is by far my most accurate handgun. However, it is just way too big for my frame, and it weighs a ton with a full mag. I tried carrying it once and I felt like one of those twits who wears their jeans around their kneecaps.