Think about your actions

dralarms

I wasn't going to do this but it is now bothering me a little more than I thought it would.

A couple of months ago I found out my dad had lung cancer, they started treatment and it went downhill from there.

Apparently he had a very aggressive form of lung cancer, we lost him last Tuesday night.

I'm sitting in a hotel in eastern NC, preparing to go to his funeral tomorrow, I did not get to see him or say goodby one last time. My work schedule kept me unable to get away long enough for the 8.5 hrs each way.

Monday my sister called and told me that they had given him 3 to 4 days, the next day he was gone.

For each of you that have lost a parent (s) I now understand the emptiness you feel.

Flor those of you that still have your parents around, go to them hug their neck and tell them how much you love them. Before it's too late.

I loved me dad, we didn't always get along but I'm going to miss him very much.

The only bright part to all this is he didn't suffer long as I understand that cancer is very painfull and can last for a long time.I thank GOD that HE took him home quickly and did not let him suffer long.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should all stop here and listen, for I know this man speaks truth.

Priorities. This man has them in healthy order.

A little too late I'm sorry to say

I'm sorry for your loss Gerald...

Thinking about ya...prayers as well.

I'm sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.

Thanks. your prayers are appreciated.

Guest mustangdave

You also have my condolences...I lost my father to lung cancer in May 1969...I had just turned 12...he was 31. I feel his absence just about every day....so much was missed by both of us. My mom is 71 now...and I don't know how much longer she will be with us...you never really know the day and time when you'll get "called home"

I'm also very sorry for your loss and will keep you and yours in my prayers as well.

I lost my dad 5 years ago to heart problems and my mom almost 20 years ago to cancer. I was not prepared for either at the time and I regret every spare minute I had that I didn't spend with them.

Sorry for your loss. SadAngel.gif

We should also all make preparations for ourselves.

Until September 29th I was a 56 year old in good health; that’s the day I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. I had surgery on December the 10th and am now at home recuperating. They think they got everything… now it is wait and see. Thankfully I have excellent Doctors that used state of the art procedures. But mainly I had many people that kept me in their prayers.

Nothing can prepare you for being told you have Cancer. But is sure does change priorities and outlooks.

You guys over 50… get a PSA test. It could save your life and you don’t need a permit from the state to get one. :down:

Sorry for your loss, this club is not a fun one to be in. My dad got diagnosed with adrenal gland cancer, given around a year more or less, died in 2 weeks of diagnosis. It was the same thing, painful and miserable if he had lived. That was 10 years ago September 11, 2000. I miss him everyday. It sucks less as time goes by.

My Prayers are with you.

My Dad passed away on the Saturday night before Father's Day, 2001...I wasn't there to say goodbye both because I live here and my family is in Ohio and because no one was expecting it at that moment (my Dad had been sick with cancer and such for several years before it took him). I've always regretted not being there for his final moments.

It still hurts and I suspect it always will.

My family has had a tradition of watching a selection of certain Christmas movies the few days leading up to Christmas day...I still watch them (Christmas In Connecticut, White Christmas, Holiday Inn, It's A Wonderful Life)...when I watch them I notice I laugh at the same spots every time...the same spots my Dad and I used to laugh...and I realize that I have the same laugh as my Dad...all the feelings seem to come flooding back.

Well, all that to say I know somewhat what you are going through and you have my sincere condolences.

Guest mikedwood

I feel for you greatly. Lost my father in 1998 due to brain and liver cancer.

That has gotten me to call my mom 2 or more times a day everyday since then and go see her once a week at least.

As many prayers as I have are heading your way Dr.

dralarms if there is anything I can do for you just let me know. I lost my dad to diabetes during my senior year of high school(1995). It not only affected me but made me a whole different person. It's been almost 16 years, I was 17 when he passed away, and I still dream about him on a regular basis.