Added a new one to the collection.

Guest boatme99

Guest boatme99

After reading reviews and seeing the photos, I bought a Ruger SR1911 today. Before you get too excited, I won't have it for 3-4 weeks. I'll let you know when it comes in. :)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked 2 guns shops about Rugers recently. Neither had any idea when they'd get their hands on an SR1911 or an LC9. Both said they are having major issues restocking new hanguns, especially Rugers. Do you mind if I ask where you got yours?

Went to GnL yesterday. Asked 'em about the chance of preordering one, they said they're gonna be sellin' 'em for $580.00 and preorder requires $100 down. Goin' up there in a few minutes to trade in my American Classic, probably get about $300 on the trade. Then I'll be able to be one of the first to own one when they come in. Before anybody asks, I didn't ask how long it's gonna take for them to get them in, but I expect they'll be amongst the first wave of TN shops that get 'em.

Went to GnL yesterday. Asked 'em about the chance of preordering one, they said they're gonna be sellin' 'em for $580.00 and preorder requires $100 down. Goin' up there in a few minutes to trade in my American Classic, probably get about $300 on the trade. Then I'll be able to be one of the first to own one when they come in. Before anybody asks, I didn't ask how long it's gonna take for them to get them in, but I expect they'll be amongst the first wave of TN shops that get 'em.

If they are selling them for 580$ I need to make a trip up there and preorder mine.

Minor mistake, price was $595. I've made my trade, got $300 for it as I predicted. I now wait until I get that phone call from GnL. They couldn't gimme any specifics about the date, but they said in their experience Ruger is better about making expected release dates. I suspect that in the middle TN they'll one of, if not the first out of the shops to get 'em in, so I went with them. I coulda swore they said $580 but oh well, it aint exactly a dramatic difference.

I'm all about buying American Made, so I think this is a great thing for all of us.

Both this and the Remington R1 have come in under $600. That should push the foreign guns back down in price also.

I hope this isn't as hard to get as the Remington; I still haven't been able to get one of those at a good price. Now I may have to wait and see how the two compare.

Guest HCRoadie

I LOVE 1911's! But the only innovative thing about this one is the price and that it is ALL American made. For under $600, man, I may just get one. Those Ruger guys on the DRTV video seemed like some of the most boring/emotionless people ever.

I got to see the dealer cost on these last week and 595 is right about where I expected them to be. I figured at a gun shop that you have a good reputation with, getting out the door for around 650 would be very possible. I can't wait to get mine.

Minor mistake, price was $595. I've made my trade, got $300 for it as I predicted. I now wait until I get that phone call from GnL. They couldn't gimme any specifics about the date, but they said in their experience Ruger is better about making expected release dates. I suspect that in the middle TN they'll one of, if not the first out of the shops to get 'em in, so I went with them. I coulda swore they said $580 but oh well, it aint exactly a dramatic difference.

Your Ruger should be here for pickup on Monday.