Are you one of these guys?

mav

Once I got home from work today I made an interesting observation. I carry too much s**t.

Here we have:

firearm w/holster

mag carrier with 2 extra mags

keys

cell phone

loose change

2 knives

wallet

flash drive

watch

pack of gum or mints

If you think about it, that is a lot of stuff. Anyone else carry that much crap or carry more?

edit: I forgot to add sunglasses.

Edited by mav
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

Wallet

iPhone

Weapon (s&w m&p 340CT) in an Aholster pocket holster

Knife (HEST folder)

Small multitool (gerber tool clip)

Small flashlight (maratac aaa - amazing!)

Lip balm (burt's beeswax if you must know)

Fisher Space pen

Keys

Zippo lighter with a butane insert

Watch

Around my neck is an Atwood prybar and an Exotac mischmetal Micro fire starter. Also a dog tag with my vitals in case I get hit on a run or on my bike.

With the exception of my weapon and my lighter I use everything in my pockets just about every day. My 2 and 4 year old daughters would use the firestarter every day if I would let them. My two year old loves nothing more than when I let her wear it.

Luck favors the prepared.

Edited by MacGyver

I used to carry a bunch of stuff. Not anymore.

Today I had....

Gun and holster (Glock 27, Galco Stinger)

wallet

iPhone

keys

knife (Microtech)

sunglasses (Costa Del Mar)

I have my BOB in the truck, along with a first aid kit and a gun shot kit. When I am in school I keep a small BOB and first aid kit in my backpack.

Edited by Jasongar8
Guest tnfireman

Lets see...

Primary weapon and holster

Back-up gun and holster

pocket knife

Gerber multi tool

wallet

spare change

chapstick

2 lighters

cigarettes (yes, I know I need to quit)

ID badge

calender

3 ink pens

trauma shears

2 spare sets of gloves

radio on the belt

cell phone

I think that's all.

Edited by tnfireman
forgot a couple of items
Once I got home from work today I made an interesting observation. I carry too much s**t.

Here we have:

firearm w/holster

mag carrier with 2 extra mags

keys

cell phone

loose change

2 knives

wallet

flash drive

watch

pack of gum or mints

If you think about it, that is a lot of stuff. Anyone else carry that much crap or carry more?

edit: I forgot to add sunglasses.

I am that guy. You forgot to add flash light. When I travel light and take chances I leave my spare mag at home.

consolidate. You can get a thumb drive on your swiss army knife these days. That said I have

2 knives, wallet, gun, keys. My cell phone lives in the car and never leaves the car.

I would like to cut down to one knife but the swiss army can do everything except cut stuff.

Guest Bronker
Wallet

iPhone

Weapon (s&w m&p 340CT) in an Aholster pocket holster

Knife (HEST folder)

Small multitool (gerber tool clip)

Small flashlight (maratac aaa - amazing!)

Lip balm (burt's beeswax if you must know)

Fisher Space pen

Keys

Zippo lighter with a butane insert

Watch

Around my neck is an Atwood prybar and an Exotac mischmetal Micro fire starter. Also a dog tag with my vitals in case I get hit on a run or on my bike.

With the exception of my weapon and my lighter I use everything in my pockets just about every day. My 2 and 4 year old daughters would use the firestarter every day if I would let them. My two year old loves nothing more than when I let her wear it.

Luck favors the prepared.

I just carry MacGyver everywhere I go. He's always prepared:D

Guest Lester Weevils

The patron saint of packrats has got to be Alice in Wonderland's White Knight.

The White Knight - Alice in Wonderland Wiki

How many folks routinely tote, not only a carrying-case which only opens at the bottom (to keep out the rain) but also anti-shark spiked horse anklets?

I travel pretty light-- Wallet, keys, knife, light, cellphone and pocket pistol.

I keep it pretty pared down, typically carrying:

• keys
  • shades
  • wallet (Maxpedition Micro)
  • Gerber Crucial
  • iPhone
  • KelTec p3at

I generally wear cargo shorts so the stuff spreads out nicely.

I keep it pretty pared down, typically carrying:
  • keys
  • shades
  • wallet (Maxpedition Micro)
  • Gerber Crucial
  • iPhone
  • KelTec p3at

I generally wear cargo shorts so the stuff spreads out nicely.

Other than toting sunglasses I don't know how a person could carry less than this amount of stuff.

Some of you all need a purse.

Other than toting sunglasses I don't know how a person could carry less than this amount of stuff.

Yah, sunglasses aren't really optional as I'm slightly photophobic (sensitivity to light). Not unbearable without them, but I tend to get headaches.

Some of you all need a purse.

Haha, yah - some already carry tactical murses...

Guest 73challenger

I carry: (No HCP yet)

iPhone 3G

Wallet

Benchmade Mini-Griptillian

Keys w/ a Fenix E01

Oakley Half-Jackets (on my head, face, or in the case)

I also have a man purse in the works to live in my Jeep mostly.

Guest Lester Weevils

I don't "tote" sunglasses or cap because I keep one set of sunglasses & cap in the house and duplicate sets in the two vehicles.

Am so forgetful, that is the only way I can make sure cap & sunglasses are available. Now the only problem is remembering to leave the cap & sunglasses in the truck so I don't wear em back into the house and then not have them in the truck next time out.

A ball cap or some kind of hat with brim is essential for me. You two-eyed folk probably don't need a cap, but when driving even with sunglasses, if sun gets in yer only eye, it is a big deal. The ball cap can be adjusted around to block sun regardless of which direction it is coming from.

Finally started keeping a cap in the vehicles when I went to the range forgot the cap and the sun was right over the target holder all day. I probably looked kinda odd with an ammo-box cardboard shade duct-taped to the shooting glasses.

Maybe ought to keep a cap in the range bag too. Belt and suspenders.

Edited by Lester Weevils

Gun and spare mag on belt when possible, Leatherman always on belt.

Keys and single AAA flashlight in left front pocket

chapstick and cell phone in right front pocket

wallet and handkerchief in back pockets

Watch, sunglasses

...and I have a man purse in the works for when I'm out with my kids (diapers, wipes, first aid kit, snacks, etc.)

Guest mustangdave

On my person...watch... wallet with multiple ID's...DL, HCP, MIL-ID...K-Bar knife on belt...survival cord on my wrist...Kel-tec P3-AT in pocket holster...cell phone...I travel pretty lite