Falling Skies

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting so far. I'm kind of wondering where they found all of those automatic weapons in the notoriously anti-gun state of Massachusetts. There are an awful lot of M4's and AK varieties. It was kind of nice to see an M1 Garand and Mosin Nagant, though. So far, neither the human nor alien actions make any tactical or strategic sense. DoooH! Did I just expect Hollywood to make sense?!?!?!? Silly me!

Guest cruznmore

Too many commercials? That's why I have a DVR. Speed right through them and watch an hour program in 40-45min. :D

I have it DVR'd but haven't watched yet. Planning on watching tonight or tomorrow.

Too many commercials? That's why I have a DVR. Speed right through them and watch an hour program in 40-45min. :D

I have it DVR'd but haven't watched yet. Planning on watching tonight or tomorrow.

RIGHT! Never watch TV show when it comes on! At the very least start watching it 30 minutes after it starts.

Yep, Watch what I want, when I want, without watching commercials. I don't think there is any going back to primitive TV.

Now if they just had some competition to get the price down.

:)

Amen to that on all counts.

The promos kept tauting "limited commercial interuption" or some sembelence of that. Boy was that ever a lie. Five to six minutes of program, then as minute or so of advertising for the program, then two to four minutes of regular commercials from Hyundai and the other sponsors.

The show was fairly interesting, a few twists on old ideas. I'll probably watch it, but won't be upset if I should miss any.

About the only interesting character was the "post apocalyptic warlord." At least he had some good lines.

About the only interesting character was the "post apocalyptic warlord." At least he had some good lines.

I liked his character. He will become a main character no doubt, the reformed bad guy that all shows have to have.

As far as the show and it's scenario; This guy should be put out to pasture. No long drawn out crap, just walk him out the backdoor and into a dumpster. In times like the show portraits, people like him cannot be tolerated even for an instant.

I think it could go either way. I hated how they had commercials for the very show you are watching. Had to stop fast forwardto see if the show was back on or if it was a commercial. I thought it was about as believable as most reality shows. Not very!.

Glenn

I've got it sitting on the DVR but haven't watched it yet. I did hear though that one of the characters made a distinction between a "clip" and a "mag" so I'm lookin forward to it!

Yup, I caught that when I watched it.

I would have liked a bit more back story at the start.I assume they will give flash backs now to get the story.

Interesting about the aliens have 8 limbs but their robots 2 legs, 2 arms, that will be important.

However it is going to follow Hollywood TV format, Small Team, probably get captured every other week, have to escape, make new friends, get supplies, learn about the aliens, flash back, skip weeks while they write new material that is surprising allot like other TV shows.

But I will probably watch it as my other shows have either been cancelled or are on break.

Guest Lester Weevils

So far, it requires too much suspension of disbelief.

The Walking Dead requires less suspension of disbelief.

An alien invasion potent enough to wipe out the majority of the human race would be doofus enough to let a few stragglers run around without taking them out?

A race capable of transporting an alien invasion of millions between stars is too doofus to build night-vision flying drones? The flying drone is smart enough to bomb a few flares but it can't see people a few feet away in the shadows? Why doesn't the flying drone just drop a bomb big enough to sterilize the entire county? If they have enough energy to travel between stars, then surely it is no problem to boost the bomb yield just a little bit?