Democrat or Republican Poll

JeffsSig

What do you call yourself?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call yourself?

• Democrat
    • Republican

Do you think yourself to be a Democrat or Republican?

For selfish reasons I would like to know only if you are D or R thus I left out the long list of other parties.

This is not a debate nor a poll to see who is better.

I just would like to see some real time numbers.

Thanks!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GunTroll

Neither. But I have never voted for a D. And I have almost vomited voting for R's at times. Horrible choices we have here and in the booth. I can not vote in your poll. I fit in no "wing".

Edited by GunTroll
spelling
Guest Lester Weevils

Neither.

In TN are voters still required to register as D, R or I? In the past, party registration was printed on the Hamilton county voter card but I can't see any party ID printed on my latest card which was reprint-issued 2006.

Can't recall-- Did party registration ever make a practical diff in TN? As far as I can recall since the 1970's, in TN a D could always vote in an R primary or vice-versa. If that is true then what other difference would it make?

When I applied for a job at TN Dept of Mental Health in 1971, the personnel man said that the state only hires registered voters. So I registered (as a D at the time). Maybe that requirement is no longer in force. At the time I wondered if maybe when D's were in power then most state hires would have "accidentally" been D's, and if R's were in power then most state hires would have "accidentally" been R's?

Maybe that would have been way too obvious and it would never have been that corrupt. On the other hand back then, if you wanted to get hired-in at higher than entry level it really helped to know somebody in office. Even the lowest-level state employees were impossible to fire if they knew the right people.

The highest levels of county dept heads of state agencies were all political and most of those folks got hired and fired every time the governor would change. Ferinstance if a young person might have recently earned a degree in social work and coincidentally be the nephew of a close friend of the new governor, then overnight that person might have got smart enough to be a high-ranking bureaucrat in the TN Dept of Human Services. :screwy:

Dunno if the situation is different nowadays.

I vote R because its a very lame 2 party system. I have a lot of problems with the Rs but a lot more problems with the Ds. Neither is fit to govern, but you vote for the best choice you have :screwy:

I think you have to be registered D to vote in D primary, while R is open, but that may be wrong.

Guest Bronker
Used to think of myself as a Republican, then realized my views aren't shared by either party - so I just call myself a Conservative.
Neither, Conservative
Neither.
Conservative, although I'm registered as a Republican. Registered that way early in life and just haven't changed it.
Independent Conservative. I'll go with whichever fits into that category. Unfortunately, neither

usually does.

Independent. Those two choices suck!

Perhaps "Other" would have been an appropriate third option :screwy: If you extrapolate the data thus far, I think you have enough information to draw a conclusion.

:)

TN does not require a person to register under any party; however, to vote in a primary you must declare which party's ballot you wish. Don't need to be a party member, just a qualified (registered) voter in that precinct. You can only vote in one party's primary. But you can vote in one primary and then vote for the other party's person in the general election.

Conservative, Independent, Constitutionalist. Picked Republican to make the survey go.

This fits me best as well.

I don't like what we sent to DC any more.

When they spend millions on running for office, for a job that is not worth millions that just proves the level of corruption.

• Moderators

Since the R and D are essentially the same thing, big government statists who want to tell me how to live my life, raise my children, and most especially how to spend my money, I chose neither. I see no value in voting for a Republicrat whose real purpose is control.