10 shot handguns.

Mike.357

Someone who lives near me has been shooting a lot today. I am guessing they bought a new toy at the gun show.

Ten rounds every time they fired. If there had been some longer delay I might have figured it to be a Hi Point but the repetition was always the same so there were no failures. ;)

So anyway, what handguns hold ten rounds in the clip? It sounded like a 9mm or a .40 maybe. I don't think it was a .45 or .32 or .22 just based on the sound of it.

Who knows maybe it was a Hi Point.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How sure are you that it is a handgun? My wife's Hi-Point 995 9mm Carbine holds 10 in the magazine and until a recent problem with the extractor and a feed ramp issue (both of which Jim at Hi-Point is making right as we speak!) it never had any troubles firing 10 shots in rapid succession.

Tight groups, too.

Since it may be a new gun, maybe their fingers aren't strong enough to load their magazine completely! Perhaps they bought a pair of J frames?

Edited by VERO1
more better

I never thought of anyone loading just ten rounds to keep it all even. Now there is no way to guess what kind of pistol it might be, LOL.

A few years ago I was the only one shooting around here, now there are several people who shoot guns somewhere near here. Seems I always hear gunfire on days there has been a gun show. Sometimes I will hear one guy shooting, then in short order I will hear another guy shooting. Sometimes I start shooting to answer their call. I am glad there are other gun people around here. I always kind of assumed everyone here has something in their house that goes bang.

Next time I am gonna shoot my 995 to confuse them

my 223 pistol came with a 10 round mag, though it takes the bigger ones. All old guns from the ban years were 10 or less, and still are in CA if not other states (?). A number of compacts are 10 shots; my cz rami has a 10 round small mag and extended mags that hold more, too many to list it could be *anything* -- including downloaded mags. I often just put 5 or 10 in my mags even when they hold more, easier to keep track of the ammo on the range.