Do I really want a Glock?

Caster

Interesting. I don't operate in circles where guys make fun of Glocks. We all have a respect for what they do and have all been down the path of trying different firearms and either transitioning to the Glock out of epiphany, or after seeing how much more practical they are for a trained defensive shooter. (same goes for the M&P series) If you would have asked me five years ago if I would own a Glock, or several of them, and that I would have retired or sold every other pistol (Beretta, Sig, HK, Kahr, etc.) in my safe in favor of the 9mm Glock plaform, I would have told you that you were smoking crack. What did it for me was the training and thousands of rounds downrange.

If someone were to laugh at me about carrying a Glock, I would assume they are ill informed or a fudd. I guess this goes back to the biggest difference for me which is that I don't go to the range with a bag full of guns to play with, I do defensive drills, and getting better at that skillset gives me satisfaction. It seems there are some who view shooting their carry gun as a chore and shooting other guns as fun. I don't have that distinction. I need to be as proficient as possible with my pistol AND I enjoy shooting it.

I make fun of Glocks, and it's one of my favorite pistols. They're fugly, and they WILL shoot you in the butt. It's been proven :)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at CHMR every couple weeks or so. Usually Sunday afternoons since I have church in the mornings. Got an "IDPA'd up" 34 and a stock 19 that you're welcome to shoot anytime to try out. Also have some in .40 if you'd like to check those out too. Anything I can do to save someone from making the XD mistake...LOL :)

He's considering making the XD mistake. Trading the XD for a Glock.

What's wrong with glock triggers? And what do yall carry that don't like the trigger ? Seems fine to me ... Former owner if a g19 I carried it daily and was very proficient with it ... Only issue I had is I don't like not having safety ... The xd is one ugley firearm to me ... But is more safe action than the glock is... I carry a S&W 4006 now ....

You take that back you rascal. :P

That whole gun is ugly to me, but I am the weirdo who hates the 1911 remember? I don't fit in well because of it.

Yea, there is definitely something wrong with you. :lol:

I saw Larry Vickers hit a human size target at 250 yards in only 2 tries on Tac TV with a Glock 20

A sniper on National Geographic hit a Taliban guy at a mile and a half. But I ain't buyin' a TAC 50 because of it. :P

9 pages of this, I didn't expect. I wanted to go shoot some first, but my mind is all but made up. I HAVE shot Glocks before. Never had a single issue with them or the way they felt.

Heck with it, the wife says she'll go buy me one in the next week or two, I'm in:)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :D

Don't own a compact I have big hands and never had any use for one.

Don't own a Glock never had any use for one.

At the range yesterday I let a guy try my xdm 9 (4.5) than he let my try

His Glock 26 that had stock sights but did have a $20 upgrade done on the trigger

Connector.

10 rounds 25 yards hand held at Guns & Leather 3 3/4" not to bad for

first time shooting a glock 26 with WWB ammo.

I might have to get a Glock at some point;)

mm0012-1-1.jpg

You shot any tire weights thru it yet? :D

BTW: between you and graycrait, you got enough Glocks to outfit the Clarksville militia.

I may already be ahead of him. No tire lead,

yet. I stocked up on Golden Sabers:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlier this year I went through SEVERAL models of Glock before finally settling on the G27 for EDC. I carry it in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II. I know some people think that holster is a bit over-hyped (I did for a long time), but owning and carrying one makes a huge difference. Two years ago my personal bias was causing me to steer people away from Glock, but now it's the first thing I recommend (if I know the shooter is experienced).

Guest Curley78

Get you a Glock. If I'm ever at CHMR On a Sunday I would be glad to let you try mine but I will go ahead and tell you now, no I don't want to sell it. Ha ha..! Seriously, It is the one handgun above the rest that I would trust with my life. Glock 19 one of the original type with laser in the front of the trigger guard. Merry Christmas to all on TGO from Middle TN.

Interesting. I don't operate in circles where guys make fun of Glocks. We all have a respect for what they do and have all been down the path of trying different firearms and either transitioning to the Glock out of epiphany, or after seeing how much more practical they are for a trained defensive shooter. (same goes for the M&P series) If you would have asked me five years ago if I would own a Glock, or several of them, and that I would have retired or sold every other pistol (Beretta, Sig, HK, Kahr, etc.) in my safe in favor of the 9mm Glock plaform, I would have told you that you were smoking crack. What did it for me was the training and thousands of rounds downrange.

If someone were to laugh at me about carrying a Glock, I would assume they are ill informed or a fudd. I guess this goes back to the biggest difference for me which is that I don't go to the range with a bag full of guns to play with, I do defensive drills, and getting better at that skillset gives me satisfaction. It seems there are some who view shooting their carry gun as a chore and shooting other guns as fun. I don't have that distinction. I need to be as proficient as possible with my pistol AND I enjoy shooting it.

Interesting. I don't operate in circles where guys can't step back and recognize that NO firearm is perfect and the NO firearm is perfect for everyone.

Besides, I can say a Glock is ugly and still respect it as a perfectly good choice for self defense. Just like I can train with my EDC at the range and still play with a bag full of guns. Heck, shooting is fun.

Well, It's over. No more discussion. I told the wife I didn't want to go to the range on christmas day, that I was going today being as I had the day off. SOOOOO, she layed christmas on me early this morning before I left. I had no idea there's been a GLock in my bedroom since before I started this thread. Nickel Boron finish, and I'm so I glad I took the plunge on a Glock. It shoots awesome!!! You goobers complaining about grip and trigger on these are crazy. It's perfect, like it was made just for my hands. Just got back from shooting it and I'm diggin' it, big time!

Ohhh, BTW some of ya'll think you got the best wife, but I KNOW I have the best;)

DSC01885.jpg

Very nice Caster.

I had carried a XDm40 for about year and really liked it but after shooting a Glock 19 the first time I switched over to that and haven't looked back. I loved the trigger reset on the Glock and like you said it fits the hand perfectly.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk