Polymer 1911 , RRA....

Fourtyfive

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUL is or was making them. Looked good but I don't think there is a market. Most people looking for a limited capacity, large, all steel/Al, heavy, single action aren't too keen on the latest and greatest in technological advances. Otherwise they'd be using a striker fired polymer gun in place of a 1911 already. :D Seriously, it's kinda like the hillbillies that convert Pinto's into 4x4 with lift kits and mudders. Just not meant to be together.

BULM5GovernmentWeb.JPG

Guest bkelm18
If it isn't broken, don't fix it. This looks like a solution in search of a problem.

I'll bet someone said the exact same thing when JMB came out with his new-fangled semi-auto guns. It's progress. Luckily there's a plethora of guns for us to choose from.

My uncle has a Kimber Ten II, he seems to like it fairly well and at the mere cost of a snow blower and $150 cash it was his. I haven't shot it yet, I try not to shoot with him too much. He still has a thing or two to learn about gun safety, makes me nervous. I'll stick to my metal guns, in my younger days I went with a XD45, but have since grown up into revolvers and metal semi-autos.

The Bul/Kimber (Kimber imported them for awhile before comig out with the Ten) was a pretty durable gun.Several USPSA shooters used them for a while.Thy started getting a little loose around 50K rds.Most people won't shoot that many rds in their lives.

I'll bet someone said the exact same thing when JMB came out with his new-fangled semi-auto guns. It's progress. Luckily there's a plethora of guns for us to choose from.

Actually JMB didn't invent the semi-auto pistol. Several models were available a decade before Brownings designs. But has I stated, a polymer 1911 is a solution to a problem that does not exist. Besides, you can't buffalo a guy with a plastic gun. LOL