Pocket carry

TeamJackson

Guest Catfish36

I agree about the Sig P238 and the Ruger LCP. I am a big Ruger fan but the P238 and the LCP are like day and night, I will take the 238 every time and feel that they are worth every penny of the difference. Sig has also recently released or at least announced their new P938 which is a 9mm that is designed after and only very slightly larger than the 238. I have not yet fondled one nor even seen the price but I will be looking into one because I like the 238 so much. Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later.

EDIT: Whoa! Sig is certainly proud of this new little 9mm, $800.00 is a hefty MSRP.

http://www.sigsauer....-blackwood.aspx

AGREE AGREE AGREE! Pocket carry my p238 everyday. (most days I also carry my G27)..but the 238 is with me even when the Glock can't be. I am also very interested in this P938 because I love the 238 so much.

(But that will be later down the list...at the moment I am in the market for my first 1911..muhahhhaa)

Guest bkelm18

Kahr PM40 And NO, the recoil is not painful and I am a smallish 61 YO man.

That said I think the PM9 would be fantastic as well... triggers are great on these sidearms.

The triggers are extremely smooth.

I have carried my LCP in my front or rear pocket for nearly 2 1/2 years in an Uncle Mike's #2 pocket holster. I have over 1250 rounds downrange with this piece and I trust my life to its reliability. I guess I am always ready, always carrying (legally, of course!), but beyond that I don't overthink it too much, which with all the current options, is easy to do....

I've been carrying a Taurus PT709 Slim, 9mm, in my TruSpec pants pocket, in a Blackhawk pocket holster

I got at Wally World, for $10, for quite a while now. Works well, I forget it's there. Pockets are very roomy.

Gun doesn't cost an arm & leg, shoots well. Very satisfied with the setup.

Doesn't fit with most jeans tho. I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck for those type pants.

I pocket carry my PF-9 and don't mind it at all. I love the thin small frame of it and it shoots a 9mm round which I feel more comfortable with over other small calibers. I will admit that the keltec is not a gun I take to the range to shoot for pleasure but it gets the job done and unlike some I have had no problems out of mine at all. It's a nice alternative for when I don't want my 1911 on me.

I have been debating purchasing a CM9 for a month or so. You guys may swing me to go ahead and do it....seems like that is a popular choice. Ive also looked at the 238 and it seems like a fine weapon as well but the price keeps pushing me away. I also prefer the 9mm cartridge to the .380.

keltec p-f 9 is just a little big for pocket, it can be done very easy but it is borderline, i did it for over a year with the pf-9 but went doun to the lcp, then to the tcp, I was lucky on the tcp got a good one about 450 rounds not one problem and very comfortable for pocket. hope this helps

Guest d@ntheman

i have an LCP and my friend has had that and now owns the Bodygaurd. I have shot both and must say the body gaurd is far better to shoot. Laser aside it handles better and is really the same size. i wouldnt get the Sig bc its a single action and with a pocket carry i would think double is a necessity

Guest d@ntheman

i used to have a taurus pt40slim single stack .40 that would fit into jacket pockets and back pockets just fine and it was a big caliber for such a small gun, quality was meh.. though

Guest Kamikaze
i have an LCP and my friend has had that and now owns the Bodygaurd. I have shot both and must say the body gaurd is far better to shoot. Laser aside it handles better and is really the same size. i wouldnt get the Sig bc its a single action and with a pocket carry i would think double is a necessity

X2 on the BodyGuard shooting well. It was by far my favorite of the .380 pocket rockets that I have owned.

I pocket carry a LC9 no problem in a Nemesis holster. I like to stay with 9mm at a minimum, better ballistics and cheaper ammo! Everyone has their own flavor though. I didnt like the Nano not having a slide release because if you get a double feed you are screwed. You cant press your slide against a hard surface to release the tention in a gunfight can you? LOL

Edited by k9wh91984

I have a P3AT and a PF9. I can carry either in cargo pants pocket or coat pocket. I can carry the 380 in jeans or other pants pocket but not the PF9. If I was looking for a true "pocket gun" in 9mm, I would not choose the PF9. I really like the gun but not for that role. I would look at a CM9/PM9 or as mentioned the new Sig938 http://www.sigsauer....-blackwood.aspx

Edited by Batman

If you go .380 go P238. It's 1000 times the gun the LCP is. The LCP is cheaper, but you have to remember, you get what you pay for.

I would love to find a good deal on a P238! Pocket carry though? Like in a gun wallet in the pants pocket?