African Americans for Obama

Im Not Gay But I dont Care nor is it any of my business if you are

I dont tac out .22's but its none of my business if you do

I wear a Seatbelt but Its non of anybodys business if you do.

I Love Guns but if You Dont Thats your choice .

Ive never Smoked Pot but I dont think anybody Should Have the Right To say You Cant!!

You must Have been Taught capitalization Styles from The 1700's. ;)

- OS

If it was good enough for the greatest document ever devised by man its good enough for me ;)

:lol: you best mind your spelling. OhShoot's in the house. ;)

"O wad some Power the giftie gie us

To see oursels as ithers see us!

It wad frae monie a blunder free us

An foolish notion:

What airs in dress an gait wad lea'es us,

An ev'n devotion!"

- OS

I used to let situations such as these really upset me. Now, I couldn't care less. Why? As long as there are politicians willing to exploit our differences, whether it be race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic, etc..., to strengthen their influence or power, it will never end. Therefore, I refuse to allow a segment of society, who is so shallow that they would vote for an individual solely based upon their skin tone or any of the aforementioned examples, to upset me. Getting worked up over an issue that I have absolutely no control in changing just isn't worth it.

You have seen the light. It is unfortunate that this tactic still works so well in the 21th century.

Edited by LINKS2K

The reason racism is still alive and well in America is because it is a cash cow for people like Jesse Jackson and the Rainbow Coalition, Al Sharpton, and politicians who get kickbacks from it, not to mention the NAACP, which wouldn't exist if it weren't for racist attitudes. The irony is that those racist attitudes are coming from within their own ranks.

Racism has made them wealthy, just like "global climate change" has made Al Gore wealthy.

Don't leave out Newt, Ron Paul and Rush. They are just as bad as Jesse and Sharpton. The good news is that Jesse has been relegated to the back pages soon to be followed by Sharpton and the other racist of all colors. Peoples wallets are starting to hurt too much to continue falling prey to this type of thinking.

A few more years of being broke will make more people ignore the hot botton issues and concentrate on what is really important.

Ok, so I asked one of my white lib buddies about what he saw there, what his perspective was. Here's the start of our exchange:

"Hey, Rusty! Been a while. Hope all is well. I didn't want to post this, but I would appreciate your thoughts on it. I see this as incredibly racist. What kind of furor would there be over a "Caucasians for (whomever)" site? What's your take?"

------------

"It is so interesting how people can see the same item so differently. I didn't take that as racist at all. No more so than Martin Luther King Day, or Black History Month. They are a minority after all, and they all share the horribly sad legacy of having been enslaved for 400 years, so I don't find it strange at all that they would tend to stick together and try to build their power base as a group. And the fact is, this President is, unbelievably, an African American. Even though he was brought up by his white parent, and his father never experienced overt racism such as we see here on a daily basis, he does share their genetic makeup..."

------------

"Now see, that's an interesting perspective. I see that as perpetuating racism, trying to stick together as a group. When my Grandparents came here from Italy, they were adamant about not being considered "Italian" or hyphenated in any way. They said we are AMERICANS now, and we must be that. The old "melting pot." These folks refuse to melt; I see that as a negative, segregist thought path that won't help anything."

------------

"Right, and I applaud them for that. BTW, I would have thought Douchette was a French name. There is one teeny little difference. Your ancestors had the choice to come here. These guys were chained naked like sardines into the hold of a ship where they had to live in their own excrement and vomit for several weeks. Many of them died on the way. In fact, the reason that so many of them today have high blood pressure problems is that the ones who survived were the ones who could store more salt in their bloodstream on the long journey. Try to put yourself in their shoes. Read about their experience. I've got a lot of sympathy for them. Besides, people who invented jazz and the blues can't be all bad..."

------------

lol... yeah, but NONE of those people are still alive. The ones here are here by choice. Don't think any of them were keelhauled...

------------

Wow. Now THAT'S racist... LOL

------------

No, that's a fact.

What people fail to realize is slavery was not a race issue. It was a labor issue. There were black slave owners and there were white slaves. Our "history" teachings just fail to tell us that. Also, many times, white slaves were treated worse than black slaves. The word slave is derived from Slavs or Slavic people, and what race do you think Slavic people are? They sure ain't black.

It all started many many years ago when one smart bureaucrat told his tribesman: You are special people, you deserve better than you have. Let's get what you deserve. The quest was so successful that it changed the human history. The key word here is "special". It is usually the language and national origin, but could be anything.

Majority of people try to identify themselves as part of respectful social group: crusaders, alchemists, knights, academy of science, bikers or MIT graduates. To do so you have to have at least some identity. A lot of people don't. Then some charismatic leader can find such identity for you and promise you a bright future based on this identity. Followers do not usually question the ultimate goals of their leader.

The name of the fist leader was Moses and he carried holly mission. Other successful leaders mined only their personal goals: Atilla the khan, Karl Marx, Vladimir Ulyanov (Lenin), Joseph Jugashvily (Stalin), Benitto Mussolini, Emperor ShÅwa (Hirohito), Adolph Shiklgruber (Hitler). Hitler united the people who spoke German language in the quest for world domination. Such a great purpose justified burning millions of non-Germans in the ovens of Dahau and Buchenvald.

Whenever a leader seeks supporters based on their national or ethnic origin, the supporters become Nazi. Nazism in any incarnation brings injustice and violence to the society.

Guest Lester Weevils

Many good thoughts on the thread and Greyofk, Superman and Steelharp all excellent comments.

Steelharp's friend's attitude is pretty common. Some folks, of all races, honestly believe that racism is impossible for individuals of minority "victim" status. It is only possible in majority "non-victim" individuals.

Southern Poverty Law Center generally follows that ideology. They will occasionally admit that certain rabidly-racist violent minority groups are "racist" but only when it is way over the top. On the other hand they see racism in any non-democrat white person. Especially if such person disagrees with Obama in any way.

• Administrator

What people fail to realize is slavery was not a race issue. It was a labor issue. There were black slave owners and there were white slaves. Our "history" teachings just fail to tell us that. Also, many times, white slaves were treated worse than black slaves. The word slave is derived from Slavs or Slavic people, and what race do you think Slavic people are? They sure ain't black.

Got historical references for any of that? I hate having to go look up things people say to verify accuracy.

Got historical references for any of that? I hate having to go look up things people say to verify accuracy.

My g-g-g-great grandfather immigrated to Virginia from Scotland in 1760 as an indentured servant. He worked for his master for 7 years to repay the cost of his passage.

IIRC, The word 'slave' is derived from Slav.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk

Edited by enfield

I did the research more than 10 years ago, before I had good access to the internet. I don't even know if I still have any of it. But doing a quick search brought up several links, so I am sure it is not hard to find if someone really wants to know. Schools teach that the civil war was about slavery, if that was true then the civil rights movement would have never happened. So thousands of people died and thousands more risk there lives and ripped this country apart just to "free" some people that they hated and didn't believe deserved the same rights as white people. I don't think so.

My g-g-g-great grandfather immigrated to Virginia from Scotland in 1760 as an indentured servant. He worked for his master for 7 years to repay the cost of his passage.

IIRC, The word 'slave' is derived from Slav.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk

From what I remember, he was one of the lucky ones. A lot of white slaves were given the most dangerous jobs because there was less investment and effort into getting white slaves than black slaves. White slaves were lured into slavery because they were poor and promised a new life. And some were poor children kidnapped and put into slavery.

Edited by Superman
Guest Lester Weevils

Yes there were many indentured servants. Not quite as raw a deal as "ordinary slavery" because it did have a payoff date if someone would live long enough.

Am very ignorant of history, but got the impression that apprentices back then were in very similar situation to indentured servants. At least sometimes. Apprentices may be treated well (or not) and receive training and guild entry. Sometimes even inherit the boss's business. But they were expected to step'n'fetch it without much question, and the boss was expected to make sure apprentices didn't starve or go completely without shelter while under apprenticship. So both parties had obligations.

It is difficult to figure a cutoff date if the concept of "hereditary victim" is supposed to have merit. Perhaps it would be very difficult to find any individual whose ancestors were not slaves if you go back far enough in history. Does the ancestor of a slave from 150 years ago have more claim to being a heriditary victim than the ancestor of a slave from 300 years ago, or 3000 years ago? How recently does the insult have to occurred to qualify one as a heriditary victim?