Weapons Poll

Weapons in Reach  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What weapons do you have within reach of your computer?

• Firearm
    • Edged Weapon
    • Impact Tool
    • Less Lethal
    • Psychokinesis or Nothing

I saw this on another forum and I thought this would be interesting to ask on a gun forum.

As you sit there at your computer, how many of you have a weapon within reach? If you do, what is it?

As I sit here, I have my CZ-75 D PCR, two pocket knives (merely coincidence), coffee mug, 12" ruler, and a loaded AR-15 mag but not the gun (lets call it an impact tool :D ).

Everybody...... EVERYBODY should at LEAST have something they could improvise as an impact tool! Keyboard.... mouse....anything?..... MONITOR?!

Edited by w0lfattack

Since I am in the process of moving, I have a fair bit in boxes right now.

However, I have several large fixed blade knives still in my desk drawer. My desk will be one of the last things packed.

An AR-15 in the top box of the stack next to the desk.

Glock 19 in the wicker basket on top of the hutch.

Lamp on the desk.

Edited by Murgatroy

My laptop is sitting on my steering wheel in the truck. (perfectly natural since I am a truck driver and my steering wheel serves as my desk.) Within reach I have two knives (one pen knife, one lock blade), a winch bar and any number of "less lethal" potential weapons (that is to say whatever I can get my hands on to smack someone with if they try to get in my truck without my permission).

As I haven't showered yet my CW (a 1911) is laying here on the desk,and there any number of impact weapons on the desk and near. The utility room is a half step to the left, in there are all sorts of tools, screw drivers, wrenches, hammers, drills, paint cans and who knows what. Just to my right at the end of the desk is a coat rack. Many coats and a western style holster hanging in there that you can't see, but its there with revolver. One step past that is a pump shotty leaned against the wall.

Guest GT_Rat

At least five knives. I usually have my XD on my hip. Several keyboards, monitors, and assorted other junk that could be used as an impact tool. A tote full of cabling that could be used as a garrote in short order. A small table I could easily break the legs off for impact or stabbing use. In a pinch I could throw an entire PC at someone. :)

Guest RCLARK

At my desk...

Ruger LCP with extra mag

Al Mar Eagle

Leatherman Juice

Letter opener

45 feet out the door is my 1911 and 5 loaded mags

Guy down the hall had a Kel-Tec PF9 at his desk and a M&P 9mm in his car

Another guy down the hall has a LCP at his desk and a Cougar .40 in his car

One of the ladies in the office is satans sister and can summons fire breathing demons at her beckon. :-)

We are covered.

If I am at work then I have my XM-24 in my pocket. If I need a projectile weapon, then I have a bottle of 93% sulfuric acid I can throw at someone.

At home, I have my XM-24 and one of my 1911s on my computer desk.