Does your girlfriend/wife know the combo to your safe?

I have had a big safe for a few years now. I prefer the old fashion spin dial over the keypads. I can almost unlock it in the dark in under 20 seconds. Anyway, my fiance just mentioned the other day while I was doing "inventory" that she did not know the combination. I kinda just changed the topic and she hasn't said anything else about it. I can tell it's not really a big deal to her. Some of her jewelry is stored in there that she doesn't wear. I think once we are married in September I may just show her. I feel kinda bad her not knowing but.... Just wondering how many of your wives or girlfriends can access your safe.

Guest RCLARK

She doesnt "know" it...but she knows how to get it if something were to happen to me. I have written instructions stored in a lock box at the bank.

Guest drv2fst

IMHO, if you are not prepared to share the combination, then call off the engagement, because there must be trust issues. My wife has the combination and can get the door open faster than I can.

It took me a while to get her there, but my wife can open it without any effort now. She feels a lot better about it; she now stores her best jewels in there when not in use, and can open it to get her own guns out if she wants.

It was just really intimidating to her, and I do not understand why. It was not the guns, she has been an avid shooter for ages. It was just something about the way the dial worked and the difficult to operate, heavy door. That and the funny partial turns to the combo are confusing.... its something like turn it 5 times past 1000, then 4 times past 500 the other way, then 3 times past 750 --- that would blow her mind because the first hit on 750 is not a full circle, you were already at 500, and it just did not compute for an eternity. I think that still bothers her but she memorized past it at last.

My wife KINDA knows it. I have a spin dial and when I go away for a weekend/overnight or am working late, I spin the first two numbers and leave it on 0. My wife knows the last number so she can just turn it from "0" to the third number and open it. It's easier for her to remember one number and my privacy is intact.

I don't have anything to hide she sees in there all the time. My gun room is her computer room. I just never had thought of it. It just made me wonder how many of you had taught her to open yours. Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Edited by glowdotGlock

She keeps her gun out. It's easily accessible to her at all times. She keeps it hid so that if someone were to break in, they would never find it. I am still working with her on a home defense scenario. I bought her a Glock 26 and while at home she has a 33 rounder full of Gold Dot's. The 870 was a lil' much on her ; )

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Just me, but *wife* OK, anyone else outside of blood (and only a maybe on these...mom, dad, siblings).....not so much. For me, she had to walk the aisle to get the combo (and a crap load of other stuff). It ain't about trust, it's about committment.

Guest Lester Weevils

Our little combo safe works the same as wife uses at her work, so she could open it easy if she can remember where to find the combo. I've showed her where the combo is unobtrusively hidden. I can't remember the combo either. She takes no interest in it. If I'm gone and she can't remember where to find the combo it will be easy enough to drill or whatever they do to them.