If you want to start a fight....

gunrunner32

Ditto to all above comments. Buy more guns. Love them all. Sneak in the house with them...if possible. Avoid the wife when carrying any gun into the house. And buy her something occasionally. Like...honey, I bought you a nice 12 guage coach gun for you to keep beside the bed for the times I'm not here. Might work.

Edited by hipower

I've finally convinced my wife that guns are far better investments than cds, mutual funds, bonds, etc. She seems to think that gold and diamonds are the more prudent hedge against financial setbacks. :shrug:

Show her the price of a Python in 1980, and then todays gunbroker prices for them. If she doesn't get it then, it's simply a math problem.

By the way, Nice Colts!!!!!!

And buy her something occasionally. Like...honey, I bought you a nice 12 guage coach gun for you to keep beside the bed for the times I'm not here. Might work.

I already have one, it's a nickel Stoeger Coach Supreme. It's my bedside gun, my wife laid claim to my Mossberg Tactical Cruiser after I put a pistol grip in place of the foregrip. She gets "her" guns, she's got a Sig P6, Sig P226, Mossy TC, a scoped 10/22 and once I get the Springfield V10 back from my dad she has already said it's hers as well.

Willis, I'll only be getting rid of one if I do...it will not happen without a lot of persuasion on her part though. I'll let you know when it does happen though.

One other thing that I have, the nickel one came with a "Brian C Foster" basket weave holster. All I have found on this is he was/is a holster maker in England. Anyone know anything else about Brian C Foster holsters?

I'll take pictures of all the proof marks on the blued one to see if it helps to find out what they mean.

There has to be a way to convince the significant other that firearms are a need and not a want. Tried the "It's lonely and needs a friend" line, no dice. She has yelled about me selling a Glock I had about 10 years ago and how it was her favorite and if I had not sold it she would shoot with me more. So guy line of thought is, bring home the same model Glock, hand it to wife with smile and wait like a puppy for the seal of approval........walk off after angry words you don't really listen to and story of how she has never said anything about that pistol. Go to garage and look at the Glock and think to yourself, wish she would surprise me like this. :pleased:

Nice wheel guns by the way.

18 guns in 4 months, plus the two new Pythons? Did you hit the lottery or sell a kidney?

Is the action a smooth on those Pythons as I remember from years ago?

I got a hobby that pays for my habit. I was getting firearms in trade for services as well as sinking in the cash profit into the rest. It's good to have a hobby that supports a habit, I don't drink or smoke so I have to spend my money on something, so I chose guns and bullets.

***Edit*** They feel smooth, I haven't tried to dry fire them and I don't have any snap caps for it but once I'm not working I will be shooting these. Maybe between projects this weekend I can make it across the street from the shop to squeeze off a few rounds.

Edited by gunrunner32

Well it looks like I lost the battle, after enduring Opry Mills Mall, The Book Attic, Bed Bath & Beyond and REI...well REI wasn't that bad, but still that's a lot of shopping that didn't really interest me in any way. It's sad and I hate to do it, but Willis you have a PM. I'll still be enjoying the blued Python and.........shhhhh, don't tell my wife, but I may have a line on an Anaconda, I can only hope.

after enduring Opry Mills Mall, The Book Attic, Bed Bath & Beyond and REI...

I think that Bass Pro is missing out on a great opportunity at Opry Mills. They need to re-open their mall entrance and pay to have the Vera Bradley store moved directly across from it. The number of bored husbands on their smartphones in front of that store is phenomenal.

Other than the Bass Pro counter, I don't know that I've ever seen a gun store in a mall. Maybe GnL 3 should open up across from Vera Bradley. High overhead, but huge foot traffic. :)

Edited by monkeylizard

... Maybe GnL 3 should open up across from Vera Bradley. High overhead, but huge foot traffic. :)

Yeah, they'd be swamped, but 90%+ would be mall ninjas and teenagers wanting to hold all the guns. The rest of us would have a hard time getting in.

• 2 years later...

I can't tell you how many times my nose grew 6 - 18 inches when trying to sneak a new gun from the truck to the safe, or giving it it's initial cleaning or admiring it and got caught.

LOL How true. For a lady that really knows nothing about guns, mine can sniff out a new purchase like a hound dog on a rabbit.

maybe you should have gotten a peacemaker instead?  :)

congrats.   The only reason that would have caused issue here is that we take turns on buying guns, and 2 in a row for one would be cheating! 

• Like 1

Quit telling your wife you bought a new gun.

My standard response...

"Oh, I've had that one for years."

No excuse is better than any excuse!  Go to the range and just bring the new one in with the others. 

Edited by tnhawk

Anyone notice that the OP in this thread is more than three years old?  I wonder how gunrunner32 came out in the end and if he kept one or both of the Pythons.

When I read the OP, particularly the first line:

If you want to start a fight, come home unexpectedly with 2 Colt Pythons.

my first thought was that, as I am the only person who lives at my home, someone coming in unexpectedly with 2 Colt Pythons would, indeed, be in for a fight.  Such a fight would possibly end in them leaving feet first and one Colt Python going to an evidence locker, somewhere.

Only kidding, of course.

Edited by JAB