The Postman movie - Kevin Costner

I liked it. But hell, I liked Waterworld too.

I am not a Kevin Costner fan though. He is kinda like Denzel Washington, put him in an emotionless role, and he will be awesome.

That is why I like The Postman and Waterworld.

That is why Man on Fire and Training Day were good.

Not all actors can be a Johnny Depp that can do a multitude of roles, but some out there, just work. Take Paul Walker. Horrible actor, horrible. But put him in a fast car where he is supposed to be an out of place cat, and you have a massive franchise.

The right actor, in the right role can do wonders.

I can't think of a Costner movie I did not like.

Postman was a really good one, but I don't think 2013 is gonna happen.

I agree, not gonna happen, but good movie.

I grew up LOVING Dances with Wolves. And thought that was my favorite Costner role, until I saw Open Range.

Guest bkelm18

Costner is one of my favorite actors. Don't get me started on how terrible Denzel and Nicholas Cage are.

Cage is just dreadful. Can't stand him. Denzel has some good action movies. I loved Man on Fire and I thought Unstoppable was pretty good. Crimson Tide is another one of my favorites.

Costner is one of my favorite actors. Don't get me started on how terrible Denzel and Nicholas Cage are.

Cage is just dreadful. ...

Wow. Denzel has carried well some of the most memorable roles I've ever seen in film.

Nick is mostly just a hoot, has almost become a parody of himself, yet his role in Leaving Las Vegas stands alone, one of the greatest in all of cinema.

Kevin is fine, never too deep for his own real persona, and always a hopeless romantic at heart; and of course he's produced about as much as he's just acted in.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest bkelm18

Wow. Denzel has carried well some of the most memorable roles I've ever seen in film.

Nick is mostly just a hoot, has almost become a parody of himself, yet his role in Leaving Las Vegas stands alone, one of the greatest in all of cinema.

Kevin is fine, never too deep for his own real persona, and always a hopeless romantic at heart; and of course he's produced about as much as he's just acted in.

- OS

Admittedly I haven't really seen too many Denzel Washington films. Usually his more serious roles aren't the type of movies that I usually go for.

There are films I like Kevin Kostner in and films I don't much care for. For the true history buff, Dances With Wolves was very good, but also had some pretty good gaffs - for instance, it placed him (briefly) at Fort Hays before it was even established.

As for KK the person, well I don't think a finer man lives; Several of the extras and some of the creative consultants on "Dances" came from Nebraska and Mr. K kept in touch, off and on with some of them. When one those individuals was involved in what should have been a "minor" auto accident and paralyzed from the neck down, the secretary of the Nebraska Muzzle Loading Association wrote a letter to Mr. K explaining what had happened and asking if he could see his way clear to maybe helping out with a benefit to help off-set some of the bills. Mr. Kostner responded that, unfortunately, his schedule wouldn't allow it and would they settle for his autograph instead? His "autograph" was on a check for $10,000.00!

Yep, may not care for all his movies, but I'll never say anything bad about the man! :up:

Guest Scramasax

Good pa movie. Not your typical za or mutant nuke show. It is full of hope and well played by the characters. Best shot is the vet. Cameo by Tom Petty and comment pretty cool.

Like ww and dww llot of money spent on making a B movie script into an A. Well played.

Cheers,

Ts

I thought the movie was interesting though I didn't see it until I had already read the book which of course was better Imho. I've always like costner in Most of his roles.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I liked the movie and thought the idea of the origins of the bad guy and Costner's character background was pretty good. The whole PO being the uniting factor was a little odd IMO, but not entirely unbelievable.

As to Nicholas Cage, I never understood his appeal. The only movie he was worth anything in was Raising Arizona. That was an awesome movie!