Lt. Gov Ramsey calls 2nd amendmant advocates "bullies"

Guest profgunner

Wasn't long ago that most of TGO was behind Ramsey for Gov. As always, life is fraught with irony.

- OS

Ain't that the truth.

But he's a good conservative republican, however can he say such things? :rolleyes:

Edited by Garufa

He's shown he is just another politician like the rest of them! We were fine folks to be around until, he started getting the big money from Fedex! Now his true colors have been exposed and he's just another snake in the grass. He needs to go... like the rest of them!

Guest 6.8 AR

"We are friends, but I hope we can find common ground when this issue comes up again," said the Lt. Governor in reference to the guns in parking lots bill.

We are friends, but...

Interesting...

I thought Ramsey was one of the tried and true East TN Republicans that could always be counted on. Vote right of center and vote often!

It's called "MONEY"...now that Republicans are actually in control of state government, all that money that big corporations used to give to the Democrats are coming to Republicans, as long as they do what the corporations want of course. Ramsey knows that and he just want's his fair share or in other words, he's decided that campaign contributions are more important then principles and promises.

I heard the Chris Cox/NRA radio spot today - it's awesome and absolutely spot on and it the truth chaps Ramsey's ass so much the better.

"bully" is the new evil now so you are about to see it used a lot more by both sides.

I have come to the conclusion that I will never vote for the same person more than once. Seems like a lot of candidates go up there with great intentions the south once they see the corruption money they are missing out on.

Dolomite

I have come to the conclusion that I will never vote for the same person more than once. Seems like a lot of candidates go up there with great intentions then go south once they see the corruption money they are missing out on.

(fixed)

Dolomite

I have voted this way for the past few times, yes they go south, FAST.

I would still carry, keep it locked up in the car, IF I got fired, take them to court for 2nd Amnd rights infringment!

I have voted this way for the past few times, yes they go south, FAST.

I would still carry, keep it locked up in the car, IF I got fired, take them to court for 2nd Amnd rights infringment!

Employers are not bound by The Constitution so you'd lose both your case and your job.

To me the solution is simple: pass a law that forbids anyone other than a LEO from searching a vehicle...period!

The NRA are bullies, though, he is not wrong on that. Constant harrassment on the phone for money, constant "if you do not send $100 now obama is gonna TAKE YER GUNZ" crap. If you politely decline to keep feeding the machine, they get extremely pushy and start spouting more and more tinfoil hat spew in hopes to alarm more $$ out of you. It gets old.

I am 100% in disagreement with what maggart did in blocking the vote on the bill. Pass or fail, it needed a vote and that was underhanded and she needs to go. Ramsey, if this is his first mistake, I can handle that (I do see the property rights angle, I just do not agree with it). I cannot remember anything else he has done that was exceptionally bad --- a decent track record and a valid argument, I can give him a pass this once.

Guest 6.8 AR

Wasn't long ago that most of TGO was behind Ramsey for Gov. As always, life is fraught with irony.

- OS

I was one of those. Evidently a lot of hand holding and guidance down the halls to the office of corruption

took place. I remember I was once a staunch supporter of Alexander's in his earlier years, also. It happens.

Employers are not bound by The Constitution so you'd lose both your case and your job.

To me the solution is simple: pass a law that forbids anyone other than a LEO from searching a vehicle...period!

I disagree with the "not bound by the Constitution" but nevertheless, they ARE bound by the law and we need to change the law.

I disagree with the "not bound by the Constitution" but nevertheless, they ARE bound by the law and we need to change the law.

The Constitution limits government; not employers. Agree that they are bound by the law, and the law needs to change.

The Constitution limits government; not employers. Agree that they are bound by the law, and the law needs to change.

My friend, you and I have had that argument before...multiple times before...I don't agree with you for what I believe are valid reasons and I'm not going to agree with you and I'm okay with that. ;)

With regard to the Safe Employee Commute bill, virtually the same laws are operating in 16 states and have already survived the "private property" Constitutional challenge so our arguing about it is sort of a wast of time anyway. :)

But whether the Constitution applies to business property is not germane to the issue of defeating Maggart anyway; Debra Maggart engaged in secretive and underhanded maneuvers to keep the issue from coming before the people's legislature for an up/down vote; a vote that both proponents AND opponents of the bill wanted to come to the floor. She did it, I believe, to placate her big business pals (and keep their campaign contributions coming in)...she did it so that she wouldn't need to actually vote on the measure and expose the fact that she wasn't the friend of the Second Amendment she has claimed has always claimed to be and retain her favorable NRA rating.

The NRA is absolutely right to take her favorable rating away and to let the people of her district know where she really stands on 2A issues.

Most importantly, any politician that would put money ahead of principles she claims to believe in is a politician we can do without because she has proven that she cannot be trusted to what is right if someone dangles enough money in front of her.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

The NRA are bullies, though, he is not wrong on that. Constant harrassment on the phone for money, constant "if you do not send $100 now obama is gonna TAKE YER GUNZ" crap. If you politely decline to keep feeding the machine, they get extremely pushy and start spouting more and more tinfoil hat spew in hopes to alarm more $$ out of you. It gets old.

It's as if the NRA hired all the people from AOL.

My friend, you and I have had that argument before...multiple times before...I don't agree with you for what I believe are valid reasons and I'm not going to agree with you and I'm okay with that. ;)

With regard to the Safe Employee Commute bill, virtually the same laws are operating in 16 states and have already survived the "private property" Constitutional challenge so our arguing about it is sort of a wast of time anyway. :)

But whether the Constitution applies to business property is not germane to the issue of defeating Maggart anyway; Debra Maggart engaged in secretive and underhanded maneuvers to keep the issue from coming before the people's legislature for an up/down vote; a vote that both proponents AND opponents of the bill wanted to come to the floor. She did it, I believe, to placate her big business pals (and keep their campaign contributions coming in)...she did it so that she wouldn't need to actually vote on the measure and expose the fact that she wasn't the friend of the Second Amendment she has claimed has always claimed to be and retain her favorable NRA rating.

The NRA is absolutely right to take her favorable rating away and to let the people of her district know where she really stands on 2A issues.

Most importantly, any politician that would put money ahead of principles she claims to believe in is a politician we can do without because she has proven that she cannot be trusted to what is right if someone dangles enough money in front of her.

Yes, some things never change. :)

RE: Maggert, I agree. It's sad how many politicians will game the system to get their way rather than abide by the system of voting and letting the chips fall where they may.