Shooting at Denver theater during new Batman movie.

That guy had his weapons in his hands when they caught him in the parking lot. They should have put a couple hundred green tips in his ass. He planned to survive, get arrested, and have his name in lights. Leave it to our society to play into his hands, just as we do with all terrorists.

I hadn’t read all the stories, but I wondered how the he was taken into custody without the cops killing him.

I know it was bad for the victims; that’s a given. But can you imagine what it was like for the EMS personnel that first arrived on the scene? 70 people down and them trying to decide who gets treatment and who doesn’t; must have been a nightmare. Many mental problems and nightmares in the future for those that survived and the first responders.

Send a message….. Have a speedy trial, stick a needle in his arm and call it a day. I hope they don’t let this drag out for years or give this guy some opportunity to dodge the death penalty.

He, as well as his mother, are both liberal hippy nutjobs. My wife is probably not going to be too happy about what I have to say. I have my idiot nutjob family and she has hers. At least we have eachother.

Dolomite

We all have each other here too. We all have family like this.

This is terrible. I have seen a lot of messed up people and have been to a lot of crime scenes, but these types of people still surprise me. This may sound cold, but don’t they have anyone that messed them over? Why don’t they go after the people that they perceive as causing their problems instead of a bunch of innocent people? I know the answer… because they are mentally deranged… it’s just crazy. I think these crazy people are going after the “record†for body counts.

Someday even the liberals will understand that the only thing that can stop an active shooter; is another active shooter.

Spot on Dave!

I got to say that the way this guy was dressed, your average HCP holder would have had a hard time taking him down with a pistol.

Send a message….. Have a speedy trial, stick a needle in his arm and call it a day. I hope they don’t let this drag out for years or give this guy some opportunity to dodge the death penalty.

I wonder if there will ever be a trial. I think this guy has his on Batman movie going on in his head where he is the Joker. If you've seen the last Batman movie, the Joker ends up in jail and breaks out. I believe there was even some booby traps in it, where he was trying to kill police officers and Batman. I think this guy had this in mind and that may have been the reason he surrendered so easily. He may be even nuttier than the one that shot Giffords and her supporters.

I did read a story from MSNBC that stated the guns were all in his car when police arrested the shooter, with the exception of one pistol found in the theater.

That conflicts with CNN. Who knows, since they would all just as soon pull something out of their butts and report it as fact.

I know it was bad for the victims; that’s a given. But can you imagine what it was like for the EMS personnel that first arrived on the scene? 70 people down and them trying to decide who gets treatment and who doesn’t; must have been a nightmare. Many mental problems and nightmares in the future for those that survived and the first responders.

EMS was overwhelmed. The cops were driving people to the hospitals.

Welcome to the party Links.... if you really want to "feel our pain" try reading the comments on this article: http://www.nytimes.c...tman-movie.html

I dare anyone to make it through the first full page of the "Reader's Picks" comments without your head exploding.

This one required a full roll of duct-tape to keep my head intact:

"The 2nd Amendment needs to be changed so that everyone knows without question or confusion that the amendment was intended to protect a state's right to have a militia. It does not mean that every person has a right to stock pile weapons and to use them at will to commit murder and mayhem."

Couple of questions for this... person ... number one, your feelings on my suggestion that we change the first amendment so that sheeple like you can't spread their cooties? And, number two: What if you get your proposed change and my State decides that we are all members of your precious Militia? (And who has been running around arguing that the 2A means that you can "use them at will to commit murder and mayhem?" We seriously need to reign that person in.)

LOL after that

"And we need to hold the gun and bullet manufacturers accountable for the murders they make possible. Every employee at those companies are accessories to the murders in Aurora.z"

Guest tswenka

Spot on Dave!

I got to say that the way this guy was dressed, your average HCP holder would have had a hard time taking him down with a pistol.

True that your average carrier may not have taken him down with all the protection, but it may have gotten his attention diverted from what he was doing and allowed something to be done and some lives to be saved.

As far as reactions and legislation and such. I gotta go with Tommy Lee Jones character in MIB 1. A person is smart, people are stupid. 500 years ago everyone KNEW the earth was flat. And so on and so on.

I hate that this tragedy happened, but as our idiocracy progresses backward, and everyone stops being responsible for themselves, it will get worse and worse in our touchy feely society. And I truly despise that fact. We baby everyone so much now, that you can't even discipline your kids or voice your opinion, without sometimes wondering what consequences you will face for it.

Myself, I don't care what you think of me if you truly did think. But dammit, the sheepizens of this country need to wake the blank up, take responsibility in their own homes first, then spread out after their ducks are lined out, and running well.

Bonehead disclaimer: if you are not a bonehead and you know what I mean, this is not directed at you. End of rant.

And it goes without saying, that my heart goes out to all the victims of this tragedy, including the first responders who had to choose who to save. God speed and God bless.

Edited by tswenka
Guest ThePunisher

That conflicts with CNN. Who knows, since they would all just as soon pull something out of their butts and report it as fact.

Surely the only reason you are watching CNN is for pure amusement in listening to their stupid and dumb commentary.

I did read a story from MSNBC that stated the guns were all in his car when police arrested the shooter, with the exception of one pistol found in the theater.

Actually, one of the pistols was on the roof of the car when he was apprehended, kind of strange. You can see it here, can't find the video which shows it better:

pb-120720-batman-aurora-shooting-kb-450p.photoblog900.jpg

abc_colorado_shooter_car_wy_120720_wg.jpg

- OS

Spot on Dave!

I imagine that it still hurts like crap getting shot time after time even with body armor. Those of you who have read my posts before know I've never been the Mall Ninja or Rambo type but I sincerely believe this is why you need to carry enough mags to reload, get in close with slow, steady, accurate fire, and bring the hammer down. I know, I know, tear gas and all that, and I know how that sounds and the likelyhood of somone like myself accomplishing this but I'd rather get shot shooting back than let him get a free shot to my back running away.

Edited by gnmwilliams
  • Like 4
Guest ThePunisher

Actually, one of the pistols was on the roof of the car when he was apprehended, kind of strange. You can see it here, can't find the video which shows it better:

pb-120720-batman-aurora-shooting-kb-450p.photoblog900.jpg

abc_colorado_shooter_car_wy_120720_wg.jpg

- OS

Looks like the AR 15 is out by the door on the sidewalk.

I imagine that it still hurts like crap getting shot time after time even with body armor. This is why you carry enough mags to reload, get in close, and bring the hammer down. I know, I know, tear gas and all that, and I know that that sounds rambo and all but I'd rather get shot shooting back than let him get a free shot to my back running away.

It would also depend on what kind of armor he had on, like level I, II, III etc, plate. Yes, though I think it would hurt getting hit even with armor on.
  • Like 1

It would also depend on what kind of armor he had on, like level I, II, III etc, plate. Yes, though I think it would hurt getting hit even with armor on.

I don't think it would have mattered. People like this are cowards. Proof of that being he went into a theater full of folks he knew to be unarmed and randomly shot people. He knew that he was safe the whole time. If a person so much as pointed a gun in his direction he would have fled or surrendered. People like this are just the lowest form of coward that exist. The fact that he surrendered to police shows it. He probably had grand ideas in his head of going out in a blaze of glory, but chickened out when he heard the sirens.

People like this want to be in charge of their own deaths... they are too scared to let someone else kill them. Look at most of the other mass shootings where the shooter kills himself. It's all about cowardly control. I really, really hope that bad things happen to him. Unfortunately, at this point he's getting what he wants. All the media attention.. people all wanting to know who he is. He will spend his life sentence in prison in a bubble of protection from general population, 'cause you know he wouldn't last with the real toughies.

Does Colorado still put people to death or are they completely overrun with granola eaters?

• Like 1

Think something is amiss OhShoot?

They should have mag dumped him until he rattled like a jar of BB's.

Well, as I understand it, the first guy to get to him that radioed in said he was just sitting or standing there, not holding a weapon, handgun was already on roof, dunno about the other ones. Hatchback was up, don't know if doors were open also.

Sounds like at that point Holmes was just waiting to be found. Can't hardly blame the first LEO there for not unloading on a passive unarmed suspect, sort of goes against all training.

- OS

Guest tswenka

Apologies if my rant offended anybody. These kind of things get the better of me, and I have been listening to the idiots at work go on about this all day.

Well, as I understand it, the first guy to get to him that radioed in said he was just sitting or standing there, not holding a weapon, handgun was already on roof, dunno about the other ones. Hatchback was up, don't know if doors were open also.

Sounds like at that point Holmes was just waiting to be found. Can't hardly blame the first LEO there for not unloading on a passive unarmed suspect, sort of goes against all training.

- OS

I guess the throw-down concept was lost over the years. I want my old cops back.