Tennessean Article

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120901/OPINION03/309010029/Gun-control-mental-health-treatment-both-needed?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cp&nclick_check=1

Did anyone see this today? This is exactly why I dont buy this rag. The only reason I even looked at it online today is because someone referred me there to a different article. Sheesh! Talk about pissing me off...

Wow, this guy basically calls out the white race as nothing but a bunch of murdering hillbilly racists. I cannot believe that The Tennessean allowed this garbage to be put on their website. He talks about the shootings in Nashville, but fails to talk about where those particular guns likely come from. They are all likely obtained illegally by the gang banging thugs that commit the crimes. We don't have shootings every day in Knoxville. I wonder why that is.......

This guy is just another douchebag that has a grudge against a particular race. Nothing more.

A bunch of racist crap. Blames everything on white folks. The writer ignores inconvenient facts that don't support his argument. Minor things like crime rates (including murder) going down as firearms ownership rises. And that states with shall-issue concealed carry permits have less crime.

More than a hater of pail-face, but a hater of America in general. Just like Rev. Wright and that croud. The media is full of these liberals at every level, every age, local and national. The article says "Albert Bender, a Cherokee activist, journalist, historian and grant writer, lives in Antioch" He left out "propagandist". He blames the guns, Ronald Reagan, and whites. He implies that the native tribes lived in peace and harmony one with the other but in fact they wared and took slaves of each other. Of course he will fail to mention any facts that do not satisfy his liberal bias.

I got pissed at this statement as soon as I started reading

with a frequency seen in no other nation in the world.
I think the reporters need to be shipped to some places in the middle east to learn. I also don't believe 86 gun fire deaths daily, even with the NYPD doing the shooting.

When it comes to hate crimes, South Park Cartoon covered it best, all crime is hate. Adding a special word hate is only there to insight people.

Here is a reply to that article. I could not say it better.

http://www.factcheck...l-in-australia/

Also I can't help but feel how slanted that article is coming from , a Cherokee activist, journalist, historian and grant writer,

For the record, I am told my family has Cherokee as well.

Edited by vontar

LOL! You'll save youself a lot of headache if you do like most Tennesseans and forget that newspaper exists. Reread the article, and every time you get to the word "white", replace it with black, asian, hispanic, etc., and ask yourself if they'd have published the story.

The author must have overlooked this recent story, and many more like it.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2012/08/2012816141649568598.html

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1

That was a very biased and inaccurate article. They want people to give up their freedoms for their own safety? "Let Big Brother take care of you. Lets put 58 million people in "reeducation camps" becuase they MUST be crazy for not thinking like we want them to."

He apparently has never been to a third world country where people will kill one another over water. Also, and as no offense to anyone, I'm almost positive the Native Americans were not peaceful, like everyone else they fought.

People don't read history any more. They are too busy gazing into those little light boxes they carry around. Those little things are like SOMA. If you can keep people's attention on one of those things, maybe they would notice when they lose everything else.

A bunch of racist crap. Blames everything on white folks. The writer ignores inconvenient facts that don't support his argument. Minor things like crime rates (including murder) going down as firearms ownership rises. And that states with shall-issue concealed carry permits have less crime.

A journalist writing for a liberal paper would never allow facts to destroy a an article.

Also, and as no offense to anyone, I'm almost positive the Native Americans were not peaceful, like everyone else they fought.

And have an incredibly high alcoholism rate - which is probably a probably a big part of the mental defects that mentions in the article.

Guest ThePunisher

I haven't subscribed to the Tennessean in 15 years and don't watch or listen to liberal scumbag propaganda. I'm not going to ever contribute to their cause financially or otherwise, and hope all the liberal media goes bellyup.

The Tennessean is know for setting the bar high. This is just one more example. Fish wrapper!

I will never understand how the Tennessean survived and the Banner failed. The Banner was a much better paper, and a lot more reflective of the views of most Nashvillians (at least the ones that would buy the paper for more than the funny pages and Sunday sale papers).

• Like 1