30 Days Out Prez Poll

Who Wins the Presidency in 2012?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Our Next Prez?

Guest Oaklands

There are lots of good arguements both ways in this thread. For some reason, I feel Mitt Romney will pull this out. The remaining debates will have a bit of pull. Look for Obama to come out firing next time. The biggest problem will be the moderators are from more left wing backgrounds. If they play the part of moderators then Romney should be fine. If they interfere with their personal beliefs then Obama will be catered to and Romney will be cut short on his rebuttals

Here is my two cents: In this race, like I do most at the national level, I am voting for the party, and not the man. I will never vote democrat, no not ever!!! That goes for State and local politics too! I may not agree with Mitt's religeon, but other than refraining to vote, I am voting republican like I do 99% of the time! O has to go! Regarding the poll itself, I doubt a poll on a gun message board is a accurate cross section of our republic, especially a gun message board targeted to a historical republican state of Tennessee. Even a gun message board in California or Massachusetts would vote Romney. My final point, I assume TGO has some of the 47%, but I assume its lots less than the national 47%, so the poll does not have this full drag on the numbers. So if OShoot would have started the poll off with 47% in favor of O, then this might come close! LOL!

Get some R&R, vote Romney Ryan! (Hey I just thought that up, maybe I hit on something).

I also refuse to think that the majority of the unemployed/underemployed public would rather have a handout than a fighting chance to do better for themselves.

I haven't given up on the American spirit, it sounds like some have.

I agree. I am always baffled at how some people assume that the poor enjoy receiving table scraps and are living high on the hog using food stamps while driving around in luxury vehicles.

I've heard a thousand stories about someone using a ebt card then driving off in a luxury car. I am willing to bet that what you are seeing is someone illegally using a ebt card that they have purchased for 50 cents on the dollar. The card owner gets cash and the buyer gets discounted groceries.

I think it primarily depends on who actually unasses their couch and gets out to vote.

It's gonna be close. A lot of folks are dependent on keeping the Left in office. Literally dependent as the .gov is their primary source of income.

While Romney is to the Right of Obama he's still way to the Left of my liking.

A Social Moderate vs Full Blown Communist...what a choice.

That being said, I hope it's Romney. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's Obama.

In direct response to your poll: Obama.

• Like 1

... Regarding the poll itself, I doubt a poll on a gun message board is a accurate cross section of our republic,...

So you think all the Romney votes here are just people seeing through hopeful rose colored glasses? Or didn't get premise of the poll? Did you get premise of the poll?

- OS

So you think all the Romney votes here are just people seeing through hopeful rose colored glasses? Or didn't get premise of the poll? Did you get premise of the poll?

- OS

I can vouch my vote is not rose colored. I said I wouldn't bet, because its so close. I wouldn't bet BHO either, it's a loosing proposition. But with 2 debates to go I truly think MR will pull it out.

- OS

OS yes I got your premise of the poll, but even with TGO members opinions, it still slanted to the right. Personally, I do not believe it will be close this time. The media wants us to think its close. I think Romney will win big, maybe no landslide, but big! The mojo is not there this time for O. No greek columns and no European tour either.

Guest ThePunisher

If Obama is re-elected, there will be chariot rides through a Greek column coliseum with his adoring sheeple throwing out rose petals and shouting Hail Caesar Obama. But I believe Romney will win 53 to 46 percent of votes with third party 1 percent, and Romney will have an American tradition inauguration without pomp and circumstance like the European kings and dictators.

It seems the wind is coming from a different quarter as of late, the mess in the Middle East and the fact the administration can not get in the same county as the truth, Libya will continue to leave a bad taste.

Then there is the petulant little girl whine "Romney is a liar" when Obama (and his camp) should be taking his whooping like a man,

I change my vote from the 90 day out poll.

Edited by Worriedman
Guest 6.8 AR

I think Romney will win it. The polls are showing a tightening and the undecided are turning to him in

large numbers. Obama made a fool of himself at the debate and if he continues to he will hand it to

Romney. Women are turning against him, also. This race ain't over.

Before the debate I would say O had a chance of edging out Romney, but it would be close. Now, after I see the extremely liberal media making fools of themselves and of O, I think Romney has a chance of he continues his momentum. Even then, Romney will have to continue the forward push - if he lets up or messes something up majorly I think he will lose it. It will be close either way, but I believe as of right now R can/will win it barely.

I'm hoping Romney will continue to do well in the debates but I just don't know if it will be enough. If the Republicans could have picked a more likeable and moderate candidate he would have stood a much better chance IMO.

I see your point but that just raises other problems doesn't it? Isn't that fact that Romney isn't "Conservative/libertarian" enough exactly why so many "conservatives" have said they don't like Romney? :)
  • Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

Romney scored huge points in the debate by pointing out that he will not continue borrowing from China to pay for unnecessary programs such as Big Bird and other superfluous programs. For the first time in years when all the politicians have been in denial or had their head buried in the sand, Romney has the cojones to say the nation has to stop the insanity when it comes to unnecessary spending. The people that are not brain dead and watched the debate recognize that Romney is right, and that's why Romney is now leading the polls, and will win the election.

Edited by ThePunisher

With the Libya debacle(they are tripping over themselves to figure out who lied last) and now Big Bird

pissed off and not wanting to be in the middle, plus the polling looking so positive for Romney, things

are looking just fine.

Edited by 6.8 AR

I'm thinking it's gonna be close, but at this point I see Obama taking it. Romney debated well and has presented a better argument for the job, but I think this election is going to be decided by negative ads and ignorance. The media has really run away with BS sound bytes regarding the 47% thing and Big Bird, whereas I'm not seeing a whole lot about Obama bumbling through his debate. There are enough voters that will simply cast their vote based on how many times they hear their favorite celebrity bash the other guy; it looks like Obama supporters have that market cornered.

• Like 1

.... There are enough voters that will simply cast their vote based on how many times they hear their favorite celebrity bash the other guy; it looks like Obama supporters have that market cornered.

Yep, as usual Hollywood has pretty much iced the youth vote overall, but biggest question in much of the debate is just who will actually show up at the polls.

- OS

The kids and the SEIU pushed crowd won't show up this time. He won't get the women, Jews,

most of the undecided this time. They are polling much stronger for Romney at least right now.

I'm staying with Romney winning big.

The kids and the SEIU pushed crowd won't show up this time. He won't get the women, Jews,

most of the undecided this time. They are polling much stronger for Romney at least right now.

I'm staying with Romney winning big.

Same here.

BHO has also pissed off a lot of blacks over his gay endorsement.

most of the undecided this time.

I hope you're right; I certainly agree that he won't have the showing he did 4 years ago, but people are just being bombarded with misinformation and sound bytes and don't bother to research on their own. I don't have a problem with folks who vote for Obama if they at least know all the facts and choose him for those reasons. The ones that bug me are te folks that hear David Letterman call Romney some names and make their choice on that. I think the stupid are going to swing this one. I wouldn't be surprised if Romney got the popular vote, but I just don't think he can pull off those swing states.... too much stupid.

Obama's folks are making all the wrong decisions and the lies are catching up to him. He would have

to be the perfect candidate from fere on in for him to win. He is far from perfect, except to his base,

and they are mad at some of his decisions. He never closed Gitmo. He waivered on everything except

Obamacare, and that is a lot of temperature added against him.

You're right about the idiots looking toward letterman and the Comedy Channel to decide, but that is a

small bunch. The unions can't help him, either, and they are trying to foster votes that won't show up.

There are a lot of radicals who will sit out like the Republicans who did that with McCain. I think we have

a race to lose this time. My experience, being a union member is that that bunch is like Eastwood's

"Empty Chair". They will only be a force to reckon with in Ohio and Michigan, both of which Romney is

doing well.

I'm more worried about the Senate. It' looks good so far, but it needs to be won also.

O's gotta go, that's for sure. I was listening to talk radio today while casting a pile of 45's and they were talking about what obamacare will entail if he gets reelected. I was pretty pissed by the end of the guy's rant.

I've found a solution for all our politicians who think they are gods and we are beneath them though

I see no fathomable way that Romney will win.

Then again I said the same thing about Bush being re-elected.

Either way we have a ####ty president. Romeny is no better or worse than Obama.

We didn't want Romney 4 years ago. Why the hell do we want him now?

Romney had the worst NRA record of the 2008 and 2012 Republican nominees.

His record is even worse than Obama's.