Check out this stupid idiot!!! Welcome to FPMITAP

I try not to call people names or insult them but if this guys doesn't get it I probably will hurt his feelings. I would rather hurt his feelings than him get in trouble or bring negative light on gun owners.

http://www.300blktal...p?f=136&t=81184

We try to help him not break the law and he argues with us.

Dolomite

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is TGO the other "site where BATFEces agents are known to be members" that the last post refers to?

no way. never, not in a million years.

Batfeces is just a fancy word for bartender at the ATF convenience stores right?

Edited by vontar
Guest rebeldrummer

Is TGO the other "site where BATFEces agents are known to be members" that the last post refers to?

Wow dude on that other board just narc'd on Dolomite....

Guest rebeldrummer

Yes he did.

Just to show how much effort that poster put in it, "ShaunoftheDead" 1 post. Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Wo der if it's someone who has an issue with DSF....or TGO?? Hmmmm.....

You try to give someone good advice...

Of course, the guy is in the act of a Felony, posted pictures of it, and then argued with the good advice.

And my apologies for posting the quote too closely to waking up from a nap, I didn't catch the reference.

I don't think the lower has to be marked as pistol but you may(or may not) have an issue if the reciever was listed as a rifle on you 4473.

As far as switching back and forth it seems the TGO jury is out with two very knowledgable members interpreting things a bit differently.

Personaly I would probably just get a seperate pistol and rifle reciever that way not only are you in the clear but you have two useable guns ready to go without having to change a bunch of stuff.

And of course if you have a pistol upper be sure to have a pistol lower to avoid an unpleasant vacation at the tax payers expense.

I am in possesion of a lettter fromt the ATF stating that a virgin lower can be built into a pistol as long as it has never been built into a rifle, IOW, you buy a new lower (back before they listed them all as rifles), build your pistol lower, buy your upper, attach and you are good to go. BUT, you can NOT take a rifle lower and make a pistol out of it, nor can you take a lower that you already built a rifle lower out of and make it a pistol lower.

This is drama at the highest level.biggrin.gif It seems to me half the time spent talking about building those guns is how much time you will spend in Federal prison if you make a mistake.

It didn’t seem to me the guy was really arguing with you, he just ask a question because he clearly is clueless to what he is doing.

Is he going to be missing off the board because he is in the Federal pen? I don't know, but I doubt it. biggrin.gif

I am in possesion of a lettter fromt the ATF stating that a virgin lower can be built into a pistol as long as it has never been built into a rifle, IOW, you buy a new lower (back before they listed them all as rifles), build your pistol lower, buy your upper, attach and you are good to go. BUT, you can NOT take a rifle lower and make a pistol out of it, nor can you take a lower that you already built a rifle lower out of and make it a pistol lower.

Does the letter say anything about pistol to rifle then back to pistol?

I forgot to call yesterday and was going to today but it appears as though Sandy probably shut their offices down. I might have the person's cell phone number but I doubt they would be too interested in talking right now.

Dolomite

Yea, you can't go back and forth with the receiver. If it starts as a rifle you can NOT convert to a pistol. I think you can convert a pistol lower to a rifle but once done you can't go back.

As far as the upper, you can go sbr if you have the tax stamp and then go back to the pistol lower.

Yea, you can't go back and forth with the receiver. If it starts as a rifle you can NOT convert to a pistol. I think you can convert a pistol lower to a rifle but once done you can't go back.

As far as the upper, you can go sbr if you have the tax stamp and then go back to the pistol lower.

Does it actually say this? I know "once a rifle, always a rifle" is the rule but some people refuse to accept it unless they see it in writing.

The exception to this are on a case by case basis like with the Thompson Center rifles and a few others. I guess I need to write a letter for clarification but in the mean time I am going to get a soft answer from the ATF. I can say with 99% certainty that "once a rifle, always a rifle" will be the quote they give me and that once a AR pistol is configured as a rifle it cannot be returned to pistol configuration.

I realize how silly these laws are but they are still a law that must be followed.

Dolomite

Does it actually say this? I know "once a rifle, always a rifle" is the rule but some people refuse to accept it unless they see it in writing.

The exception to this are on a case by case basis like with the Thompson Center rifles and a few others. I guess I need to write a letter for clarification but in the mean time I am going to get a soft answer from the ATF. I can say with 99% certainty that "once a rifle, always a rifle" will be the quote they give me and that once a AR pistol is configured as a rifle it cannot be returned to pistol configuration.

I realize how silly these laws are but they are still a law that must be followed.

Dolomite

Since some people need it in writing and won't read the other ones. Note this specifically applies to AR recievers which was the crux of the matter here and in the other thread.

http://www.atf.gov/r...ling-2011-4.pdf

The bottom line parts:

Held further, a firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3) and (a)(4), is not made when parts in a kit that were originally designed to be configured as both a pistol and a rifle are assembled or re-assembled in a configuration not regulated under the NFA (e.g., as a pistol, or a rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length).

Held further, a firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3) and (a)(4), is not made when a pistol is attached to a part or parts designed to convert the pistol into a rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length, and the parts are later unassembled in a configuration not regulated under the NFA (e.g., as a pistol).

Held further, a firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(4), is made when a handgun or other weapon with an overall length of less than 26 inches, or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length, is assembled or produced from a weapon originally assembled or produced only as a rifle. Such weapons must be registered and are subject to all requirements of the NFA.

To the extent this ruling may be inconsistent with any prior letter rulings, they are hereby superseded.

Date approved: July 25, 2011

Kenneth E. Melson

Acting Director

Edited by AK Guy