Romney Win = Riots

[quote name='zort' timestamp='1352000636' post='838704']
im more worried about a natural disaster hitting me than a riot over which clown is elected president.
[/quote]

I agree.
Different clowns...same car. Edited by LINKS2K
If there happens to be any and that a big if. I suspect the ones doing the rioting would only be doing itin their own area of living. Hurting only themselves and their neighbours. I dont see how they can justify setting fire to their own neighbourhood is some how
"sticking it to the man"

Ignorance is bliss and can be overcome through education, but stupid is to the bone.
[quote name='Dolomite_supafly' timestamp='1351995476' post='838624']
Realistically those that are going to loot are not going to travel outside of their own neighborhoods to do so. Looters can't loot unless they are on foot and they are not going to walk far. They are going to rob the liquor stores, cash advance places, pawn shops and the errant commuter in their own neighborhoods. As long as you let them do what they are going to do in their own neighborhood they will not venture out.

I have zero worries about them coming to my house to loot. But in the event they do venture out, and into my neighborhood, they will no loot my belongings or my neighbor's.

Dolomite
[/quote]
Here here....
[quote name='LINKS2K' timestamp='1352043236' post='838845']

At least you are joking. I'm not so sure about these other heros.[/quote]

Joking??? I'm in my bunker right now! The past few months the interwebz has told me that this week will see the end of free elections, nationwide martial law, gun confiscation, widespread rioting and the total breakdown of our system of government. This is end times!!! God for forbid the Obamapocalypse doesn't happen... we'll have egg ALL over our faces.

[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1352043657' post='838852']
Joking??? I'm in my bunker right now! The past few months the interwebz has told me that this week will see the end of free elections, nationwide martial law, gun confiscation, widespread rioting and the total breakdown of our system of government. This is end times!!! God for forbid the Obamapocalypse doesn't happen... we'll have egg ALL over our faces.
[/quote]

At least we won't have to do much killin', since others are even more prepared. I'm worried about Link though. Being in Memphis, he could easily be killed and eaten before he can reach for his Glock :).

People that are on Twitter starting a riot. That’s funny as heck. [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/TourGlide/Web%20Stuff/rollfloor.gif[/img]
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/TourGlide/Web%20Stuff/bs.gif[/img]
  • Like 1

[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1352047377' post='838891']

At least we won't have to do much killin', since others are even more prepared. I'm worried about Link though. Being in Memphis, he could easily be killed and eaten before he can reach for his Glock :).[/quote]

From what the Internet said about Memphis, you won't be able to tell that things have descended into anarchy.

• Like 2
[quote name='Erik88' timestamp='1352051690' post='838924']
I am not concerned. The only way they would riot is if the entitlement programs were cut off.
[/quote]

Therefore, expect riots WHEN the entitlement programs are cut off. There are a heck of a lot of people running around with EBT cards that are ineligible.
[quote name='QuietDan' timestamp='1352052260' post='838928']
Therefore, expect riots WHEN the entitlement programs are cut off. There are a heck of a lot of people running around with EBT cards that are ineligible.
[/quote]

I agree but what leads you to believe they will be cut off anytime soon? It was take a major collapse of some kind before you start to see these programs scaled back. If anything, I expect them to continue to rise.
Well, we all talk about sitting back on a rooftop wasting zombies to a preselected soundtrack. If they are good to their word, we'll get our wish. My only complaints will be all the cleaning I'll have to do on my rifle and all that brass I'll have to pick up, tumble, process and reload. Dangit! I just got caught up on my reloading!!!
  • Like 1
Guest ThePunisher
[quote name='Caster' timestamp='1352055894' post='838970']
Well, we all talk about sitting back on a rooftop wasting zombies to a preselected soundtrack. If they are good to their word, we'll get our wish. My only complaints will be all the cleaning I'll have to do on my rifle and all that brass I'll have to pick up, tumble, process and reload. Dangit! I just got caught up on my reloading!!!
[/quote]

You can have my brass; I don't reload.
[quote name='Caster' timestamp='1352055894' post='838970']
[/quote]Yea, but we like reloading, job securty!
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1352043657' post='838852']

Joking??? I'm in my bunker right now! The past few months the interwebz has told me that this week will see the end of free elections, nationwide martial law, gun confiscation, widespread rioting and the total breakdown of our system of government. This is end times!!! God for forbid the Obamapocalypse doesn't happen... we'll have egg ALL over our faces.[/quote]

I read on the Interwebz that the election has been postponed to 12-12-12!!!

LOL

[quote name='Erik88' timestamp='1352052761' post='838933']
I agree but what leads you to believe they will be cut off anytime soon? It was take a major collapse of some kind before you start to see these programs scaled back. If anything, I expect them to continue to rise.
[/quote]

I'm expecting them to be scaled back when a new administration starts culling the squirrels out of the bird-feeders. I'm all for taking care of the "widows and orphans" which we are called upon to consider. Heck, my wife and I feed the birds so they don't starve or freeze in the winter. But, we draw the line at the "squirrels" human or otherwise, who are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves with a little effort on their part.

A lot of the EBT cards were passed out hand over fist -- they should have just printed the EBT cards with "Vote for Me, Barack Obama, your Sugar Daddy." They handed their supporters EBT cards instead of cash (nearly the same thing) because it's against the law to offer cash for votes.

Start cutting it back from even 10 percent of the population that doesn't deserve them and those ten percent will brick a window and burn the store to take what they can no longer EBT. That is what a riot looks like, and if it happens in a broad enough area, the looters get shot while the buildings burn. I expect this to happen.

It's a good thing I don't own a store, because if I did, I would be tempted to do what the Korean storekeepers in their L.A. enclave did during the Rodney King riots -- stand on the roof with rifles and shotguns and prepare to shoot all comers. And their stores didn't burn.

I don't expect the rioters to leave their own districts, but if they were to come into my suburban neighborhood, I would expect them to get shot down at a barricaded street-corner, right next to a plywood sign that would say "We Shoot Looters." Edited by QuietDan
[quote name='S&WForty' timestamp='1352056603' post='838980']
I read on the Interwebz that the election has been postponed to 12-12-12!!!

LOL
[/quote]

Has to be true cause evertything on the interenet is true and I read that on the internet.

[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1352047377' post='838891']

At least we won't have to do much killin', since others are even more prepared. I'm worried about Link though. Being in Memphis, he could easily be killed and eaten before he can reach for his Glock :).
[/quote]

Living on the wild side baby!

[quote name='QuietDan' timestamp='1352056937' post='838983']
I'm expecting them to be scaled back when a new administration starts culling the squirrels out of the bird-feeders. I'm all for taking care of the "widows and orphans" which we are called upon to consider. Heck, my wife and I feed the birds so they don't starve or freeze in the winter. But, we draw the line at the "squirrels" human or otherwise, who are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves with a little effort on their part.

A lot of the EBT cards were passed out hand over fist -- they should have just printed the EBT cards with "Vote for Me, Barack Obama, your Sugar Daddy." They handed their supporters EBT cards instead of cash (nearly the same thing) because it's against the law to offer cash for votes.
[/quote]

I think if you are getting food from the government then it should be distributed as it was in the earlier days.You go down to the local office and picked up your block of cheese,powder milk and whatever else. No card so you can go to the quick mart and get a mountian dew and 2 bags of flaming cheetos
  • Like 1
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1352049323' post='838909']

From what the Internet said about Memphis, you won't be able to tell that things have descended into anarchy.
[/quote]

Sadly, that's becoming the case. My wife mentioned moving to Florida again and I'm actually considering it. My mom moved to Clearwater about seven years ago.