The Jack Carbine

Il Duce

BCM and HSP teamed up to produce an awesome carbine loaded with great parts. Wish I wasnt gun broke so I could order one.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.445218885544867.106858.136737106393048&type=1

[img]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/486948_445218902211532_400438141_n.jpg[/img]
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/12/09/hst-bcm-the-jack/

Price is listed there, as well as a video by Travis Haley.

The gun is awesome. Just wish it had a BAD lever and an ambi-safety. Since Haley advocated their use (as well as designed the BAD) back in his Magpul Dynamics days, I wonder why he didn't incorporate them into his rifle design. I've never used the BAD but I think for weapons malfunctions, it is pretty valuable to be able to use your right hand to actuate the bolt lock, and after switching to using ambi-safeties, I can't imagine going back.
i believe someone said the msrp is around $2200. Anyone still willing to pay $2200 for this DI gun? It's not that awesome imho and you can build less for a ton cheaper, not to mention that gunrunner has some MidTNGunsmithing ar's that i like more in the classifieds section for a ton less.

EDIT now that i found the exact price
[quote][size=4][color=#333333][background=rgb(237, 239, 244)]MSRP is $2145. Each Carbine includes a $200 training certificate, good for any HSP class.[/background][/color][/size][/quote] Edited by alwaysonjohn

MSRP is $2200ish....that's not the street price.  Comparable ARs are right around that range of $18-2kish.  As someone stated, you can build it for close to $1900.....and thats without the cerakote, training coupon, people who actually know how to build an AR correctly rather than a guy tinkering at his work bench, and most importantly - the FET.

While high, the price is not outrageous. 

Mall ninja?  Please.  That's reserved for all the DPMS, Bushmaster, etc guns with fake optics, Mako grips, UTG rails, chinese lights and lasers, and a Walmart bipod :rock:

It's not for everybody, obviously.  But you can't deny that it is a quality weapon, built with quality parts, by a quality company with a known standard of success. 

• Like 1

MSRP is $2200ish....that's not the street price.  Comparable ARs are right around that range of $18-2kish.  As someone stated, you can build it for close to $1900.....and thats without the cerakote, training coupon, people who actually know how to build an AR correctly rather than a guy tinkering at his work bench, and most importantly - the FET.

While high, the price is not outrageous. 

Mall ninja?  Please.  That's reserved for all the DPMS, Bushmaster, etc guns with fake optics, Mako grips, UTG rails, chinese lights and lasers, and a Walmart bipod :rock:

It's not for everybody, obviously.  But you can't deny that it is a quality weapon, built with quality parts, by a quality company with a known standard of success. 

This gun won't do anything that a DPMS, Bushmaster, etc won't do and it wants three times the money for it.  You buy this gun because you like the hype that is BCM or Haley.  

As for building your own AR, its a friggin AR.  Its not a precision bolt gun.  Not too terribly much that a guy with average skill and minimal tool set can screw up.  

As for the training coupon, I have NO NEED to train with Haley.  He knows what he is doing but 90 percent of the populace doesn't need that type of training.  It would be worthless.  

• Like 2

This gun won't do anything that a DPMS, Bushmaster, etc won't do and it wants three times the money for it.  You buy this gun because you like the hype that is BCM or Haley.  

As for building your own AR, its a friggin AR.  Its not a precision bolt gun.  Not too terribly much that a guy with average skill and minimal tool set can screw up.  

As for the training coupon, I have NO NEED to train with Haley.  He knows what he is doing but 90 percent of the populace doesn't need that type of training.  It would be worthless.  

Keep believing it's the hype.  Keep thinking its not a well regarded manufacturer using known quality parts to construct a quality weapon.  You want to use a DPMS or whatever, fine.  There's a reason they have the reputation they do and others have the reputation they do.

It's a friggin AR?  Average skill and minimal tools?  And yet you see, read, and hear about people screwing them up every day.  There is a big difference between a company that knows what its doing and some guy watching a grainy youtube video.  Do what you want but I'm going to trust the factory built weapon from a company like BCM before I'm going to trust Billy Bob down the street wrenching on things.

Don't want to train with him?  Whatever.  Find a trainer you want and rock on.  But it's definitely a plus for those who want it or want to try it. 

• Like 1

I gotta go with Capbyrd on this one. I built my ar after watching one of those grainy videos and used good parts, and have yet to have a single problem. Maybe I take more or something, dunno. There is a definite quality difference between AR's, I can't think of the company but Dolomite posted a video about them. I still fail to see how to see how this is the monthly game changer or this month's flavor of AR from the trainers. Sorry, [/rant].