Connecticut school shooting

OK, since yesterday it has been reported that the mother wasn't a teacher at the school and wasn't at the school, She was at home and was shot there. She was also a sportswoman who collected guns and enjoyed target shooting with her sons (oh my god what has our world come to!  :drama: ).

The father wasn't killed, this also was reported earlier and his older son Ryan was at work and hasn't been in touch with his brother since 2010.

Also reports of Adam being into the "goth" scene and was devoid of all reality due to playing video games.  :waiting:

As usual our MSM feeds us "assumptions" and opinions rather than fact, so what can we expect next? Meanwhile the left-wing moonbats politicize this tragedy and THE only fix for such behavior is more gun control.

I'm going to wait this one out and keeping the victims in my thoughts.

Conservatives and all they stand for will be demonized regardless. We can also look for some type of gun control bill named after Sandy Hook School.  :-\

• Like 1

It has nothing to do with a gun free zone! I'm sure our shooter wasn't thinking that.

Dave S

Explain to me how the last 3 major shootings, movie theater, mall, and school were all three gun free zones?  You think it's 3 separate evil nutters just happened to randomly select 3 targets that were all gun free zones?

No offense but you're nuts if you think the soft targets aren't partly soft because we disarm all the law abiding citizens in them.  

These people rarely pick a gun store, or a police station to go shoot up...  wonder why?

I think there is some coincidence involved that these shootings take place in gun free zones.  All the places you mentioned are areas where there are lots of people concentrated.  Nutjobs are looking to go out with a bang and take as many with them as possible.

Gun Free zones normally happen to be areas with many people associated with those areas.

Malls, Schools, Movie Theater's, etc... hold and have lots of people.  I don't think these gun free zone's were targeted because they were gun free, but moreso, because they had lots of people.

They just happened to be gun free ...

But, I'm just speculating ... I can't tell you what the thoughts of these gunmen were.

I'm watching interviews with the parents of little 6 year Emilie Parker whom was shot and killed yeaterday. I literly have tears running down my cheaks. Please visit little Emilie's facebook page that was set up for her. It is "Emilie Parker Fund".

Folks, I know the shooter is already dead, But I personaly want to kill this piece of s*** again in my own evil way!

Dave S

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 2

watching the news,  they said all victims were shot multiple times with the rifle.   sad to think all the kids had to watch and wait for their turns. 

Curious,

The police commented yesterday that the rifle was locked in his car trunk, and had nnot been fired.  Was there a second rifle ? 

Can anyone cite a report clearly and accurately indicating what weapons were used ?  (NBC yesterday said two 9mm pistols (a Glock and a Sig),and a Bushmaster was in the trunk)?

R_Bert, The police say the killer was found wiht three weapons in the vicinty of his remains. Two hanguns and an AR 15. The medical examiner has released that the majority of children shot had High Velocity rifle wounds. Check CNN for the info.

Dave S

This is the best analysis I've read on the situation so far, made by Morgan Freeman of all people:

“You want to know why {these shootings keep happening}. This may sound cynical, but here’s why.It’s because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he’ll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN’s article says that if the body count “holds up”, this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer’s face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer’s identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don’t sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

• Like 2

You know Sam, I told the same thing to my mother yesterday. She wanted me to come and watch the media reports, and I said there's no way I'm going to give that guy the privilege of knowing that I'm watching what he's done. Keep reporting and people will keep doing it to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Guest Fingersoup

And I fought and bled for those same rights. My point being, I've had the opportunity to come across troubled teens and kids, and when asked about a certain type of behavior...."I seen it on TV ", I played it on a video game (grand theft auto), Call of duty", oh and "I thought it would be cool" because stealing a car and shooting a cop was cool on the video game.

Believe what you want to folks.....some of us damn sure know better!

Dave S

Good on you! I appreciate your service to this great country - and that was my point, you served so we could be free to defend ourselves if the need arises and shouldn't worry what other uninformed sheeple think. If they want to be defenseless victims they can but you didn't do anything wrong and shouldn't feel guilty about CC.

I don't think the problem in and of itself is video games, but its hard to argue that video games don't desensitize today's youth to violence.

I think the issue lies in parenting these days.  Too many parents use video games (violent or otherwise) to "babysit" their kids for them.  Instead of telling their kids to get out of the house or to spend time with their kids doing activities, they'd rather their kids just keep themselves entertained.

Any abnormal environment can desensitize a kid to violence. I fortunately survived the streets of Memphis as a kid. I saw some things that would make combat veterans cry. I also know several others that despite their insensitivity to violence still became productive citizens with no desire to destroy the lives of other human beings.

If we are going to give a pass for video games, we must be prepared to give a pass for the fatherless, the neglected and the misunderstood when they break societies laws.

Curious,

The police commented yesterday that the rifle was locked in his car trunk, and had nnot been fired.  Was there a second rifle ? 

Can anyone cite a report clearly and accurately indicating what weapons were used ?  (NBC yesterday said two 9mm pistols (a Glock and a Sig),and a Bushmaster was in the trunk)?

That's a Bushwacker, man. One dame on CNN has said that again, even today.

The two pistols and the AR were found inside. ME examiner said all slain inside school that he knew of so far had been done with the AR, most or all with more than one wound, though dunno if he used it to kill himself or his mother, don't believe he meant to count the perp among his statements about victims. I would think it's more logical he might have used a pistol on himself, but that not been released yet to my knowledge.

It has been reported that 3 other rifles were found in car, have heard "Henry repeating rifle", and "Ruger 10/22", and "hunting type rifles" mentioned, don't count on accuracy of any of that yet.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
I wish that the solution was as easy as blaming a persons bad behavior on bad parenting. I'm certain that TGO has some good members who are/were great parents and one of their kids still turned out to be a douche.

I can understand the mental illness angle, but anything else is just a cop out for bad decision making.

we didnt have this many nut jobs when I was a kid - its the brain of todays youth,they are haywire......but then again

we spend billions at the airports to protect flyers from a shoe bomb and the occasional highjacker,well the airports

are OVER secure  - how about spreading some of that money to schools and lets secure those kids from madmen !!!!!!

Edited by SonnyCrockett

I wonder how many folks' last thought when confronted by a mass shooter was "I sure wish I had a gun".

- OS

Exactly.  Suzanna Hupp's story immediately comes to mind.  She left her gun in the car that day to comply.  She was lucky to survive but many didn't. 

I wonder how many folks' last thought when confronted by a mass shooter was "I sure wish I had a gun".

- OS

I'll show my ingrained paranoia. I can't imagine going anywhere without a gun. I think the people who do it (especially in Memphis) are the crazy ones.

I'll show my ingrained paranoia. I can't imagine going anywhere without a gun. I think the people who do it (especially in Memphis) are the crazy ones.

I had jury duty last month, only had to show up for two days, but it was the first time I can remember in the 5 years or so I've carried daily I been totally disarmed, and I mean not even a knife, and it was a surprisingly disturbing feeling.

- OS

This is the best analysis I've read on the situation so far, made by Morgan Freeman of all people:

“You want to know why {these shootings keep happening}. This may sound cynical, but here’s why.It’s because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he’ll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN’s article says that if the body count “holds up”, this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer’s face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer’s identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don’t sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

I just saw this. Attributed to Morgan Freeman.

Nancy Lanza is turning out to be quite the enigmatic figure, all in all. Spoke to several folks about her affinity with guns but nobody can find where or if she/boys went to shoot, mystery how she made a living since '08 (though I'd guess bucks from the ex), etc.

If the other son and ex start talking publicly, guess more of it will be become clear, dunno.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/nyregion/friends-of-gunmans-mother-his-first-victim-recall-her-as-generous.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

- OS

That's a Bushwacker, man. One dame on CNN has said that again, even today.

The two pistols and the AR were found inside. ME examiner said all slain inside school that he knew of so far had been done with the AR, most or all with more than one wound, though dunno if he used it to kill himself or his mother, don't believe he meant to count the perp among his statements about victims. I would think it's more logical he might have used a pistol on himself, but that not been released yet to my knowledge.

It has been reported that 3 other rifles were found in car, have heard "Henry repeating rifle", and "Ruger 10/22", and "hunting type rifles" mentioned, don't count on accuracy of any of that yet.

- OS

I see the ME statements (CNN blog below at 4:11pm), but they don't make sense contrasted against the police statement (8:45am) which places the Bushmaster in the car.  I also note a number of retractions and corrections in the blog, but not on this topic.  And, would there not be a crapload of brass laying around ? A ME or officer would not even have to pick it up to distinguish .223 from 9mm.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/15/children-and-adults-gunned-down-in-connecticut-school-massacre/?hpt=hp_t1

Edited by R_Bert