Columbia Facebook Idiot in Jail

Guest Kamikaze

He needs his ass beaten

This is no were near severe enough. The beating should just be the beginning of what should happen to this idiot. My emotions are very high about this, I have 2 nephews and a niece in that age range and both sisters are teachers....
  • Like 2

What concerns me is that 2 people "liked" his comments.

Me, too, Erik. What's really sad is that there are a lot of kids like him. A product of the times.

He won't be in jail long, either.

[quote name='D3vo' timestamp='1355748499' post='861790']What concerns me is that 2 people "liked" his comments. You beat me to it. That is as disturbing as the post.[/quote] That was just trolling. To get people to do what you are doing. Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
I am not sure about the Muary co jail but if it is like the Madison county jail, he is sitting around with a bunch of guys that explaining that he threatened a bunch of kids and trying to figure out how to stay alive. Or at least how to not get his ass beat.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone
  • Like 1

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that we arrest people, and I don't just mean this one, for something they have said?

We speak a lot of rights here and the right to freedom of speech is one of them. We also, correctly I think, accept that not all speech is protected by the first amendment.

However, is a Facebook post really enough basis to arrest someone?  I'm not saying it is or is not...I just know I'm bothered by the concept.

• Administrator

There are details lacking in this story.  One would hope that he was not arrested merely on the basis of what he said, but on the basis of what he admitted to when questioned by the police.  Threatening statements made on Facebook certainly should be grounds to question someone, though.

• Like 2

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that we arrest people, and I don't just mean this one, for something they have said?

We speak a lot of rights here and the right to freedom of speech is one of them. We also, correctly I think, accept that not all speech is protected by the first amendment.

However, is a Facebook post really enough basis to arrest someone?  I'm not saying it is or is not...I just know I'm bothered by the concept.

In this instance, he'll yes snatch him up and give a thorough body cavity search.

There's a big difference in Ice T singing "I'm a cop killer" and some nobody teenage douche talking about killing kids.

This wouldn't be a problem, separating the people who say dumb stuff from those who make threats (especially to kids) if is country weren't lacking common sense. The founding fathers believed what they were writing more than anyone but if someone had nailed up a message on the town square post hinting at killing children, they would have crucified him upside down and lit him on fire.
  • Like 1

In this instance, he'll yes snatch him up and give a thorough body cavity search.

There's a big difference in Ice T singing "I'm a cop killer" and some nobody teenage douche talking about killing kids.

This wouldn't be a problem, separating the people who say dumb stuff from those who make threats (especially to kids) if is country weren't lacking common sense. The founding fathers believed what they were writing more than anyone but if someone had nailed up a message on the town square post hinting at killing children, they would have crucified him upside down and lit him on fire.

Well, I wasn't referring to someone's lyrics in a song; I wasn't even referring to just this "one" incident.

I understood, I was just citing examples.

I'm leery to allow the Gestapo seize folks over words posted on a public venue but there are certain things that are not 'free speech' words. Consideration of mass murder is NOT something a person who deserves to be free, boasts, jokes or even talks about.

Just re-watched the video on wsmv.com. The two guns they found in the home were "registered" to the kids mother. Thought we didn't keep track of that here in TN.

If she bought them new, Manufacturer -> Distributor -> FFL, which can be done with any new gun purchase made since 1968. Press always uses he word "register".

Or she might have just told the investigators where she bought them.

- OS