Cheaper Than Dirt. Not Selling Firearms? What?

Smiddy

Guest Frightful1
Y'all should remember this when things are back to "normal".  They've got a history of this, and it is inexcusable.

We as gun owners should speak with our wallets - which is the only thing they'll hear and help to put them out of business.

They're nothing but opportunists selling to a panicked market.  They should be recognized as such.

I quit buying from them after the price hikes in 2008/2009

I haven't bought anything from CTD since they wouldn't honor their price on an online order I made, but honored the price on orders from friends of mine that submitted their orders after I told them about the deal. I hope they flop big with this latest stunt. 

Edited by LCPfraTN
Y'all should remember this when things are back to "normal".  They've got a history of this, and it is inexcusable.

We as gun owners should speak with our wallets - which is the only thing they'll hear and help to put them out of business.

They're nothing but opportunists selling to a panicked market.  They should be recognized as such.

Exactly.  People are quick, very quick to forget.  Spikes did the exact same thing with the exact same lame "supplier" excuse.....except they both raised their prices immediately, within hours immediately, of the election.  I hope the shooting community has a longer memory this time.

I say shame on all of you who is even giving CTG a chance from their last stunt.  Does this surprise anyone at all that they are gouging people?  But then again they are from Texas and that seems to be the Texas way these days.

Fool you once shame on them.

Fool you twice sham on you....

Just saw this statement on their twitter page.... @cheaperthandirt: CTD will resume online sales of firearms once we update and improve our process. Firearms will continue to ship only to FFL Dealers...... How quickly they are flip flopping
Guest Lester Weevils

Regardless whether CTD is a profiteering company taking advantage of panics and making a fortune selling cheap chinese goods, it just looks like something has em "running scared." Maybe it is irrational fear and maybe not. Would be interesting to know what factors have them running so scared.

Yeager's response to CTD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWR2Y_NBsOQ

I know many don't like him but he makes a point that gun people turning on gun people is a betrayal and that practices like what CTD is doing, not only in their cessation of firearms sales, but their hyperinflation of items like PMags, is criminal. Boycott with your wallet.

I'm equally upset over people on ar15.com doing the same thing. People jacking up the prices of BCG's, PMag's, etc., to take advantage of one another. This is not about investment or about smart purchasing, but its about taking advantage of people, which is a travesty.

• Like 4
Just saw this statement on their twitter page.... @cheaperthandirt: CTD will resume online sales of firearms once we update and improve our process. Firearms will continue to ship only to FFL Dealers...... How quickly they are flip flopping

At this point I could care less what their reason was.

Even if they had legitimate reasons (which I doubt) they handled it so poorly that they must be idiots...I don't buy stuff from idiots.

This email just dinged in a minute ago from CTD -

Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."