Holy AK/AR!!!!!! Have you looked at Gunbroker prices today??!!?

gregintenn

[quote name='gregintenn' timestamp='1356059676' post='864887']Forget Gunbroker! Insanity has crept into the classified section here as well.[/quote] Unfortunately it's a sign of the times for all of us. :-D Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
When did eBay start allowing the sale of magazines again?

About 6 or 8 months ago. But only 10 rounders, which is why said might be on thin ice with the "adapters".
And sure enough, they zapped it.

They're allowing a variety of stuff they previously banned.

- OS
  • Like 1

Everyone knew this would happen. There's always a lull before the storm. I've had two folks ask if I would build them

AR's. I laughed. Had one guy call me about ammo. Been talking about it for six months. I laughed again.

Just the way it is, and it ain't going to get any better.

I have a buddy in Knoxville who picked up a new Bushmaster at his local FFL yesterday. When he showed up to get his rifle, the owner of the shop offered him original purchase price + $500 for it.

Picked up an ar10 Saturday for $1200, now that same one is selling for $2000. 3 ar10 pmags was going for over $200 a little while ago

I just toured 3 shops today in the Knoxville area. ALL AR, AK rifles gone and mags. The last of the AR mags went for $30 each! Ammo is being rationed at all 3 places. 2 boxes per person per day. One shop had one AR pistol left on the shelf that was not currently for sale...but....will be when the price is right!

Be happy with what you have folks. And, if you have waited to get an AR, you are SOL, I'm afraid.

Just remember guys, this is a capitalist society (for now) and a person is free to market their goods for whatever price they choose. I agree it BS, but it's not wrong legally. No one is forcing these people to pay those prices. I wish I could sell Pmags for $50 each! Too bad I have a conscience.
  • Like 1

i just sold one of my AR's right before all this madness happened.  Not only did i give the guy i good price i gave him 15 PMags with it.  Id like to think tha tif the rifle was posted today i would have still given the guy the same deal.  I understand supply and demand but some things are just wrong. 

On a related but slightly different note,  If you purchased a rifle the day after the shooting when prices were normal with the intent to sell said rifle when prices climbed would that not be violating the law as you would be in the business of dealing in firearms.

• Like 1
i just sold one of my AR's right before all this madness happened.  Not only did i give the guy i good price i gave him 15 PMags with it.  Id like to think tha tif the rifle was posted today i would have still given the guy the same deal.  I understand supply and demand but some things are just wrong. 

On a related but slightly different note,  If you purchased a rifle the day after the shooting when prices were normal with the intent to sell said rifle when prices climbed would that not be violating the law as you would be in the business of dealing in firearms.

In the eyes of the ATF probably not unless you did it ALOT. There was a story on here recently about a guy doing that over multiple transactions and got caught. The first time they simply told him to get a license. He didn't and got busted. I doubt they would cause a stink on just one or two.

In the eyes of the ATF probably not unless you did it ALOT. There was a story on here recently about a guy doing that over multiple transactions and got caught. The first time they simply told him to get a license. He didn't and got busted. I doubt they would cause a stink on just one or two.

Yeah ... He did something like 65-70 firearms in a year's time before getting the boot.  He even admitted he was doing it to make a profit and hadn't gotten his FFL.

There are members here that have surpassed that amount this year.

Dolomite

At what point, do you cross that threshold of needing to register as a dealer?

I know when it comes to vehicles, its relatively black & white -- but not so with firearms ....

I was wondering the same thing.  Sure enough though, a search for PMAG brings up nearly 500 results.  A bunch of them "newly listed" for some reason. :squint:

eBay's listing filters aren't up to snuff of these, apparently. It's obvious they can't end them fast enough manually.

Wonder if they will nuke the sellers accounts after the fact for the ones that make it to completion?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot