I'm just not sure what to think! (Firefighters shot at House Fire)

Guest Mad4rcn

What kind of idiot shoots firefighters while trying to do their job.  When they are caught they should be literally burned at the stake.  These kinds of idiots endanger the gun owning rights of the majority of gun owners who obey the law and don't bother anyone unless threatened or attacked

God thats a horrible thing to happen Christmas eve.

Question

If they don't have search warrants (doesn't say if they do or not) then how is it legal to search everyone as they leave, and search their houses with them not present?

Can they search a house on nothing but probably cause without you there? And if they can, are they justified searching every house in the area? This is a genuine question, as I don't know the answer to it.

Police say there is no longer an "active shooting" situation, but residents of the area are being evacuated, and police are searching them as they leave, the newspaper reported.

“The whole strip’s been evacuated,” Damico said. “They’re evacuating all of the houses and going through them.”

I hope (but seriously doubt) they find the arsonist.  And if they do, I hope (but seriously doubt) he will be given a rapid trial by his peers, and sentenced to death.  Hanging, behind the courthouse, within 24 hours of sentencing would be just fine.

Edited by Mark@Sea

As a firefighter I was shot at once (me and my crew). The moron killed his wife and set the house on fire to destroy the evidence. He shot at us to keep us from putting the fire out! It happens more than you think.

Dave S

FOX update: Guy just identified by LEO spokesman, 62-year-old William Spengler, felon, served 17 years for manslaugher of his grandmother, came off supervised parole in 2006.

Killed himself. "probably a rifle" used on firefighters.

I guess he sort of you know, ignored the law about felons possessing firearms.

First link I see that has appeared:

http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_22253768/firefighter-shot-at-scene-blaze-western-ny

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
God thats a horrible thing to happen Christmas eve.

Question

If they don't have search warrants (doesn't say if they do or not) then how is it legal to search everyone as they leave, and search their houses with them not present?

Can they search a house on nothing but probably cause without you there? And if they can, are they justified searching every house in the area? This is a genuine question, as I don't know the answer to it.

I'm sure they are doing pat downs of some people looking for the suspect may have believed he fled to a nearby house or whatever. Patdown would be justified with reasonable suspicion of a weapon. If they were entering homes it was probably due to two reason community care taking/exigent cirucmstances. Like immediate action needed to evacuate people to save lives or other reasons you kick and go. But wasn't there can't give a explanation but this would be my first guess.

Awful incident people are getting more violent towards first responders regardless if it is a medic, fire fighter, or police officer.

I do not like how we say that criminals ignore the law. This strengthens the argument to confiscate weapons IMO.

I ignore speed limits as do most people in Nashville. They haven't confiscated all the cars. There are even death toll signs on the interstate. What are we up to 970 something deaths? Those people would still be alive if cars were banned.

• Like 1

The article I read said he used a hammer to murder his grandmother. But they didn't call for the banning of hammers !! Not rying to make light of the murders but either the hammer or a gun is just a tool without a mind or body . It is the evil person who controls it that is to blame . Some extra crispy justice for the first murder would have stopped the other 2 murders . The media is our worst enemy as they will again blame the gun and not the individual or the system that let him back on the streets.   

Edited by Keyless
  • Like 1

I'm sure the Chinese would love to loan Washington the money to buy back all those evil hi-powered military assault weapons with their evil hi-velocity clips from us stupid, ignorant, barbarian, rednecks!!!

Sorry!  Got caught up in the Liberal National Media vernacular.  Please forgive me!  I'll try not to let it happen again.