walmart and ammo

9mm, .223, and .22lr aside,  I've not even seen a friggin box of .30-30 in a loooonnnnggg time, and you could generally score that at Wally's during the '08 panic era.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

It's slowly coming back. Talked with a wally world associate this morning. She said she had some 40 SW she stocked yesterday. Didn't ask her what else she'd stocked. Of course the shelves were now bare.

My take away. Every wally world stocks the shelves at different times, different employees on different shifts. It's really a hit or miss to show up at the right time. Unless you know the shifts of said employees. Still hate shopping there, but I kind of enjoy the once a week walk through to see if anything is left on the shelf.

Happened to be in Clarksville this morning, and stopped by store #673 on Wilma Rudolph Blvd around 10am.

Lots of hunting calibers, even some 7.62x39, plenty of shotgun shells including 00 buck, but the handgun side of the shelf was pretty empty. No 22lr or WMR to be had, a few boxes of 9mm JHP, several boxes of .380 and .32, and 8 or 9 boxes of Federal .45ACP FMJ. I got my 3 boxes of .45 and left the rest for others. It's the first .45 ammo I've seen in a Walmart in about a month, but then again, I don't make the 7AM rounds every day like some folks.

• Like 1

There was a guy at CHMR on Sunday who claimed he pays the SG guy at the Cool Springs walmart $50 to let him know when it comes in, and sells him as much as he wants.

He was selling 500 round tins of Tula .223 out of his truck for $300 a tin....... had 8 of them...and paid $154 a tin.

There was a guy at CHMR on Sunday who claimed he pays the SG guy at the Cool Springs walmart $50 to let him know when it comes in, and sells him as much as he wants.

He was selling 500 round tins of Tula .223 out of his truck for $300 a tin....... had 8 of them...and paid $154 a tin.

This is happening at 1226 in Ashland City as well.

I don't see how he knows when it's coming in. They don't tell us anymore, or allow us to have the print out of what's coming in. Must be a manager, either way he's an asshole.

• Like 2

I don't see how he knows when it's coming in. They don't tell us anymore, or allow us to have the print out of what's coming in. Must be a manager, either way he's an asshole.

He probably just stashes it when it does come in and not put it out on the floor.  Either way, both of those guys are d-bags.  I went ahead and sent an e-mail to corporate so they can start auditing their Cool Springs store.  They are taking this crap very seriously right now.

I don't understand where he could hide it? To my knowledge not all Walmart stores do not have gun rooms...

they went somewhere to get me a .22 rifle i bought for my wife a couple weeks ago.

didnt get the one in the display

I don't know. I know some stores do not sell guns, but they do sell ammo. Walker Springs and Turkey Creek come to mind in Knoxville for example. Where could he be hiding it? Unless the other employees are in on it too. Not trying to start conspiracy theories, but I do not where this guy could be stashin it...

He probably just stashes it when it does come in and not put it out on the floor.  Either way, both of those guys are d-bags.  I went ahead and sent an e-mail to corporate so they can start auditing their Cool Springs store.  They are taking this crap very seriously right now.

Good on you for emailing their corporate office.  Idiots like that are causing the issue for all of us.

Good on you for emailing their corporate office.  Idiots like that are causing the issue for all of us.

won't do any good.

I've sent emails directly to Mike Duke and got no response.

If it does work, then yay!