I'm a dad now!

Mom is doing great. She is up and walking with minimal assistance from me. Baby is eating well and has passed all of the tests that the pediatrition ( dont know if i spelled that right) has given her. Hopefully we will be discharged tomorrow night or Monday morning. Looks like Super Bowl party at the hospital!

congrats, but seriously buying guns for a newborn is a little over the top.  Especially when it is gun components. 

And how does this happen anyway?   

All new parents act like it has never been done before.  

All tongue in cheek,  Bless you and your wife and the little one.  Kids rock!

• Like 1

Congrats

Since you have her a cricket and lower already

You might as well buy her a life time TN hunting and fishing license.

The Lifetime Sportsman License

• Under 3 years of age - $200.00
  • 3 years of age but less than 7 years of age - $540.00
  • 7 years of age but less than 13 years of age - $810.00
  • 13 years of age but less than 51 years of age - $1,620.00
  • 51 years of age but less than 65 years of age - $945.00
  • 65 years of age or older - $270.00                              

http://www.tn.gov/twra/lifetimelicense.html

Edited by vontar
  • Like 2

Congrats to the OP!  Being a dad is wonderful.   :up: 

Congrats!! Enjoy every moment, they grow up to fast.

Before our son was born, everyone told me that, and I was like, "yeah, I know."  No, I didn't know.  It's simply unbelievable how fast they change.  My son will be 2 years old at the end of the month and it literally seems like a couple of months ago that we were bringing him home.  Even week-to-week, he's so different.  Our second son will be born in June, so I'm ready for it this time!  

Congrats to the OP!  Being a dad is wonderful.   :up: 

Before our son was born, everyone told me that, and I was like, "yeah, I know."  No, I didn't know.  It's simply unbelievable how fast they change.  My son will be 2 years old at the end of the month and it literally seems like a couple of months ago that we were bringing him home.  Even week-to-week, he's so different.  Our second son will be born in June, so I'm ready for it this time!  

Heh... no you're not.  ;)

Precious! Congratulations!

I hope you took advantage of watching the miricle of child birth. Short of losing my parents, nothing has ever reduced me to tears like watching my precious children enter this world. It's a life long memory that still makes me smile and proud.

Little story I'll share... Thirty-five years ago with my first born, I had to take those Lamaz (sp) classes to be in the delivery room and watch my first born enter this world. Scrubbed up and had to put on everything the doctor had on, cap, footie's, scrubs, etc. My first born son was born deformed, he had a very pointed skull and reminded me of the comedy, "cone heads" on TV. They did the quick count of digits, wiped him off, used the suction tools to clear his breathing etc., then bundled him up and handed him to me.

I wasn't told the "cone head" would be gone in a couple of hours and it was the result of pressure of the skull on the cervix, thank God!

At that time I was one hardcore tough S.O.B. , but you couldn't tell it from the tears dripping from my chin. The miracle of witnessing child birth of my very own son reduced me to my actual loving and caring self, no pretence, no outer shell, just my hidden actual self. I went from a drinking bar hopping fighting Billy Bad Ass, to a responsible, dependable and caring parent in short order. It was a life changing experience for the better.

Fast forward to twenty-one years ago and the birth of my daughter and last child. No classes required, everyone and their brother was in there for the birth, the doctor, his two interns getting training, a couple nurses, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, me, I wanted to yell out the window and see if any homeless people wanted to watch also! No sanitary delivery room, just a cluttered and unsanitary "birthing room" complete with coffee pot and TV?

My have times changed!

One piece of advice... Enjoy them every chance you get, because they sure do grow fast and the time just flies by and you wish you had some little baby time back!

Again, congratulations!

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Like 1