There aren't UN tanks in West Virginia...

Here's another one making the rounds on the web and Facebook.  Someone posted a photo claiming it is UN tanks parked near Charleston, West Virginia.  Here is a screen shot from Facebook.  I've blocked the last names to protect the dumb.  Notice that there are 889 shares, so this will likely make it to an InfoWars site near you in the near future.  The comments on the Facebook thread demonstrate the very problem we have in this country; people are so incapable of rational thought that they will believe anything that is told to them if it fits their pre-existing worldview.  In one respect, Alex Jones is right; there is a war for your mind and it's between his flavor of Kool Aid over the flavor being handed out by other groups who want you to believe what they say without question.  I elect to free my mind.

ScreenShot2013-03-02at92500PMpng_zps2488

Like most of these conspiratorial threads, there are many errors that are immediately obvious.  First, the UN doesn't have their own military vehicles or equipment.  The organization relies on the equipment, vehicles, aircraft, and personnel from member nations.  Second, vehicles used in UN missions are painted white with "UN" painted in large black letters on the side.  These are painted desert tan, hardly a color that would be useful for an invasion of the eastern United States.  Third, if this were some covert effort for the UN to take over the United States, I highly doubt they would be so dumb as to leave their vehicles in the wide open for people to photograph.  Fourth, Interstate 70 doesn't run anywhere near Charleston, West Virginia.  Fifth, and perhaps most important, these are United States Bradley Fighting Vehicles.  Here is a photo of one located on the website of the 1st Infantry Division in Fort Riley, Kanas:

090612181341.jpg

http://www.riley.army.mil/NewsViewer.aspx?id=2713

The ignorance of people in this country is truly astounding.  And dangerous.

Yes, it really is dangerous.  There seems to be a growing trend on the right with this sort of conspiratorial worldview and it's very detrimental to freedom loving people in this country.  First, it feeds into the rhetoric of the left that portrays the right, especially gun owners, as dangerous and lacking rational thought.  Second, it will be a matter of time before one of these people are crazy enough and pissed off enough to pull another Timothy McVeigh.  What's even more concerning to me is that some of the people I know who unquestioningly buy into this crap should be smart enough to know better.

• Like 6
Well the UN uses pretty much whatever heavy equipment they can lease, leased from a nation nearest to the AO where they intend to use the equipment at/in.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them use leased M2 Bradley's in say Haiti or some other nearby "UN trouble spot".

Not much of a conspiracy if you ask me, just standard UN procurement procedure, if those M2's were indeed leased to the UN, they probably wouldn't be repainted until they got into UN's hands.

Just my .02

Well the UN uses pretty much whatever heavy equipment they can lease, leased from a nation nearest to the AO where they intend to use the equipment at/in.
It wouldn't surprise me to see them use leased M2 Bradley's in say Haiti or some other nearby "UN trouble spot".
Not much of a conspiracy if you ask me, just standard UN procurement procedure, if those M2's were indeed leased to the UN, they probably wouldn't be repainted until they got into UN's hands.
Just my .02

There are BFV all over the US... We own them. They've always been here. How does seeing some parked in a NG storage lot somehow prove anything other than we have BVFs?

More than likely they belong to a troop from the 1/150th Armored Reconnaissance Squadron. We don't have many in state, most being at the mobilization station, but each troop's armory had some to train on.

It is the WV ANG out for some much needed training. Done it a number of times.

:panic:

What that post fails to mention is that it is actually a conspiracy by the Bilderberg group to desensitize non-unionized teachers in preparation for the militarization of school playgrounds by dec 1, 2013.

Then on Dec. 2, 2013 the story will read "Complete military take over of school playgrounds has been averted by youtube viewers form their parents' basements... by the way, buy my sponsors silver and gold cause the world is going to end again"

Ignorance is how ALex Jones and the like has survived and made millions, in the same way that Ron Paul supporters kept him in office for so long.

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

Wonder if there is a way to construct a Delusion Metric? A method of ranking relative delusion? Which is more delusional, and which is less delusional? Which is most dangerously detached from "reality"?

1. UN is invading WV

2. Banning of 16 oz soft drinks will reduce incidence of obesity.

3. Magazine capacity restrictions will reduce the incidence of violence.

4. Schools banning toy guns and images of guns will reduce the incidence of violence.

5. Quantitative easing and massive deficit spending will improve the economy.

6. Tax cuts will balance the budget.

7. Gunwalker was an innocent administrative error.

8. Gunwalker was an intentional plot to provide rationale for increased gun control.

9. TSA is an effective useful program worth every penny and every annoyance.

10. "Do not be fooled by a belief that progressives, leftists hate guns. Oh, no, they do not. What they hate is guns in the hands of those who are not marching in lock step of their ideology..."

I guess I will be the one who takes a different view.  While Jones and his followers may be misguided, I don't consider them dangerous.  Yes, yes, they really go off the deep end at times with their outrageous claims, and yes, the left does use that to portray right-leaning people as a bunch of quacks.  So what?  If they didn't have stuff to use from Jones, Paul, or whomever, they would make crap up to use against us.  The left is never going to like us, and only views us as something that must be supressed and/or defeated. 

Jones and others may be bat $hit crazy, but if the time ever comes, heaven forbid, when we have to exercise certain rights to maintain our freedoms, I am glad they will be on our side because there will be an overwhelming majority who will not.

They may be on our side, but they have cried wolf so many times and profiteered from it that it wouldn't matter if an asteroid was actually 3 days from impacting earth and they knew it, no reasonable person would listen to a word they said.

• Like 1
Guest ThePunisher

Didn't everyone know the world is run by the wealthy and powerful members of the Illuminati, Skull & Bones, and Freemasons secret societies that are conspiring for the ultimate One World Order! :panic:  :panic:

You guys can think what you want, but I saw a BFV being hauled down the interstate on a semi with UN in the DOT numbers.  It's only a matter of time...

No, not really.

The gulibility of the masses is astounding.  Dangers of the (mis)information age.