Group Buy - TGO Billet Lower Receivers

TGO Marked Lower Receiver  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be firmly interested in purchasing a lower receiver?

• I would definitely buy one receiver
    • I would definitely buy two receivers were they available
    • I would definitely buy more than two receivers were they available
    • I'm not interested right now

Sabre's story can be found here:

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/2/8/nashville_defense_contractor_and_corporate_officers_indicted

It was a nice mix of employees helping themselves to whatever they wanted and management smuggling regulated goods into and out of the country.

The assets were purchased by Manroy USA

http://www.manroy-usa.com/index.php

AFAIK, they only do defense contracts, no civilian stuff, and I don't think they kept the Nashville plant. I thought they bought the equipment and moved it out, but I could be mistaken on that. There's a "Contact Us" link on their page if MacGyver or whoever is heading this thing up wants to try to contact them and ask.

Edited by monkeylizard

They closed their store front and don't answer any of my calls or emails.  I've written them.  I ran a group buy with them last year.  One of the lowers I got, when I finally got around to putting it together, the front takedown pin holes are slightly out of spec.  I wanted to see if they could suggest something but I can't get in touch with anyone.  

When did they close stores? No mention of any of that where they are most active on forums (arfcom), people report going to the brick and mortars all the time. (edit: Seems I do remember reading they closed the one that was attached to the warehouse for expansion or something, but they have two other locations - http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/palmetto-state-armory-store-locations)

Yes, they've been hard to get in touch with, but can be done. Keep calling, or emailing (or PM or post at arfcom) at:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/301_Palmetto_State_Armory.html

I've had about 8 orders from them over the last 10 months, 3 in the last month, last one arrived last week.

They've also called me twice and emailed me about 6 weeks ago regarding a glitch with transfer of a lower with Bill's in Alcoa (they had just moved, address didn't match FFL).

So, though their communication has been sketchy, they are most certainly in biz, and obviously raking it in hand over fist.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Last purchase I made with PSA really surprised me. First they actually had 22. AR mags in stock. Second they were only $15.00 a piece. Third they shipped the same week I ordered them.

This was less than two weeks ago. Very much still in business.

Wow. So confusion caused by me. Sorry. My fingers were working faster than my brain. I was not referring to palmetto state.

I was talking about Patriot Defense Arms. Stupid typo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0

;)

Edited by Oh Shoot

Group purchases are going to make daddy drink.  Believe it.  :)

I know it isn't necessary, but I would be willing to up my price by 10 - 15% to act as a gratuity to the one(s) who handles all the administrative detail and frustration.  They way I view this is that we wouldn't even have this opportunity if someone didn't initiate and oversee it, so they might as well be thanked.

• Like 1

Sabre's story can be found here:

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/2/8/nashville_defense_contractor_and_corporate_officers_indicted

It was a nice mix of employees helping themselves to whatever they wanted and management smuggling regulated goods into and out of the country.

The assets were purchased by Manroy USA

http://www.manroy-usa.com/index.php

AFAIK, they only do defense contracts, no civilian stuff, and I don't think they kept the Nashville plant. I thought they bought the equipment and moved it out, but I could be mistaken on that. There's a "Contact Us" link on their page if MacGyver or whoever is heading this thing up wants to try to contact them and ask.

I just spoke to a guy at Sabre (Manroy) a month ago. They are not sure about the civilian side of it yet.

Guest Pineapple Devil

Man, I'm just a guy with a passion for firearms, the Second Amendment, the Constitution in general and America as a whole.  I've also got a really low tolerance for bullsh@t and never claimed to be a people-person.  People looking for a warm and fuzzy "customer experience" are barking up the wrong tree if they expect that from me.

Life's too short to pat insufferable people on the head and tell them how great they are just so they'll like you in return.

[b]But I am fun at parties.[/b]

Yeah I bet you deep throat with the best of them :)

Updating the first post is the best way to spread the information instead of having people search 10+ pages for information. No need to write out a long response, just update the first post instead of sporadic information through a thread that will likely end up being 20+ pages. I guess I'm just more organized. And I don't even know who are you are even care how you're affiliated with the site. I never said anything about a customer service experience but if you're the one coming up and asking for interest to buy something then I'd say people want the person that has taken the lead to be organized. 

Edited by Pineapple Devil

I'd be in for two if the lowers are from CMT or some other TN company.  

If they are out of state, I dunno.  I have lowers already.  It would be cool to have a TN made lower that represented a group of TN guys and gals.  Not sure I need another right now otherwise.  We will see.  

Waiting on info I suppose.  

I am not going to jump in and step on toes, just waiting patiently for updates, but back on my earlier post when I said I might prefer a brand I did have CMT in mind because of them being a TN company I believe west of Nashville.  However I don't want to start suggesting, as they are already doing leg work.  I am sure what ever brand they go with will be just fine.

• Like 1

Updating the first post is the best way to spread the information instead of having people search 10+ pages for information. No need to write out a long response, just update the first post instead of sporadic information through a thread that will likely end up being 20+ pages. I guess I'm just more organized. And I don't even know who are you are even care how you're affiliated with the site. I never said anything about a customer service experience but if you're the one coming up and asking for interest to buy something then I'd say people want the person that has taken the lead to be organized. 

If you had any real desire to continue to be part of this site, it would have been in your best interest to know who you're talking to. 

Wow dude, mold or something in your mom's basement give you a head cold and make you cranky?

Some of us here are happy that someone is organizing this and that we may end up with some unique carbines. If we don't make this a painful experience for the organizers we might get to do it again; maybe with 308 lowers or something else unique.

So what is that saying? Don't go away mad, just go away...

Either from the thread or the site, just go away..

Mark
  • Like 1
Guest Pineapple Devil

If you had any real desire to continue to be part of this site, it would have been in your best interest to know who you're talking to. 

if someone wants to ban me for this then they will. i just asked an innocent question for a thread of 14 pages and no updates in the first post like most people do so others don't have to search forever for the answer. in return i got a sarcastic answer for it. i've moderated one of the largest forums on the internet and i know what it is like. i also know how to deal with people normally.

now back to the original billet lower thread. enough hijacking

if someone wants to ban me for this then they will. i just asked an innocent question for a thread of 14 pages and no updates in the first post like most people do so others don't have to search forever for the answer. in return i got a sarcastic answer for it. i've moderated one of the largest forums on the internet and i know what it is like. i also know how to deal with people normally.

now back to the original billet lower thread. enough hijacking

I don't want to get mixed up in this, but this isn't the typical internet forum.  We are a community and although it gets heated at times, respect should always be shown.  My opinion.

• Like 1
Guest Pineapple Devil

I don't want to get mixed up in this, but this isn't the typical internet forum.  We are a community and although it gets heated at times, respect should always be shown.  My opinion.

I agree. I didn't get it to my question and it has snowballed from there. I know quite a few guys on here and have met quite a few. Everyone is respectful.

Edited by Pineapple Devil

I was told my another TGO member that any parts from other manufacturers will work as long as they are "milspec". That's all I know about locating parts. There are plenty of good builders on here to help us noob's along.

HELP!!!!

Dave S

Brownells makes it easy. This and help from some TGO members helped me put together a real shooter on my first build. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11004/learn/

I'm looking forward to these lowers!
  • Like 1
  • Admin Team

So... I guess I'll just subtract one from the list of people wanting lowers.

I don't even have a witty rejoinder. It's late. There are plenty of forums out there where this might be acceptable behavior. This isn't one of them.
  • Like 4

So... I guess I'll just subtract one from the list of people wanting lowers.

I don't even have a witty rejoinder. It's late. There are plenty of forums out there where this might be acceptable behavior. This isn't one of them.

Shoot, add his to mine then. I will do two now! if possible, all 7's on both serials!!!!!!!!!

Seriously.......

:usa:

• Admin Team

2 in one day. It must be your birthday or something! :up:

You have about 87 minutes to make it a single-day hat trick.

We barely ever have a week where we have to ban two people. Crazy times bring out crazy people, I guess.