Group Buy - TGO Billet Lower Receivers

TGO Marked Lower Receiver  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be firmly interested in purchasing a lower receiver?

• I would definitely buy one receiver
    • I would definitely buy two receivers were they available
    • I would definitely buy more than two receivers were they available
    • I'm not interested right now

• Administrator

Guys, these lowers are as "spec" as anything from countless other manufacturers.  The same parts that work in a Spikes, CMMG, Smith & Wesson, Sun Devil, blah bah ad infinium, lower will work in these.  This manufacturer produces lowers for themselves as well as others.  If we were at liberty yet to say who the manufacturer was, don't you think we'd have posted it by now?

:)

Information will come soon enough.  This thread was just a fact-finding mission to see if enough folks would be interested.

• Like 2
Ah, I just wanted to make sure they made everything. I like uniformity. I wanted everything to match and maybe purchase the parts early should the cash present itself. That's ok, I don't have money for the other parts right now anyway. I'm glad so many people are on board!

Ah, I just wanted to make sure they made everything.

No one manufacturer makes "everything" needed to build an AR.

Brand name ARs don't make everything that's in them, actually more generally, nothing that's in them.

- OS

No one manufacturer makes "everything" needed to build an AR.

Brand name ARs don't make everything that's in them, actually more generally, nothing that's in them.

- OS

Great, that would have been too easy! Lol I just hate it when I ask what kind of AR that is, and 5 minutes later while still naming off brands it's consisted of, I couldn't care less anymore.

I'll just start looking for what appeals to me....

Great, that would have been too easy! Lol I just hate it when I ask what kind of AR that is, and 5 minutes later while still naming off brands it's consisted of, I couldn't care less anymore.

Well, seriously, if you say you own for example a Smith and Wesson AR, it only means it is assembled, branded, and warrantied as such. If you knew what manufacturers actually made all the components, the list would be about the same length as one you'd built yourself, shopping around for best deal on the various components.

The only slight advantage you may have when buying a name brand complete AR is that the entire rifle is under warranty to you, rather than each component separately. Also, you have a reasonable assurance that the company is using components that meet their own standards, so depending on reputation of the company, you can pick one that is likely to more closely meet your own, without researching the rep and specs of each major component when you assemble one yourself.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

AT TGO David,

I am fine with that, I know you guys will go with quality.  There is a manufacturer in the back of my mine I would like it to be from, but either way I am in.

I feel this is an opportunity to own a pair of limited models so to speak. 

I waited long enough to speak up........

Yes I will take one absolutly, definatly with cash already in hand awaiting it's new home, possibly 2 pending the wife's interest in me building her one at which point I'd pefer consecutive s/n.

• Administrator

So why not do an upper too so that the weapon matches

We're just doing lowers.  I have no information about whether this company even manufactures uppers.

That being said, I think people really get too worked up over the notion of matching uppers and lowers when they build an AR because they've been conditioned to think that a BMC upper [or insert brand here] needs an upper from the same manufacturer to somehow be a quality firearm.  None of my ARs have brand matching uppers and lowers.  I built them with the best components possible and selected uppers based on my need, not on what the lower said on the side of it.

I'm really surprised that people aren't just satisfied that someone has taken it upon themselves to offer us this opportunity for billet lowers with the community logo on them.

• Like 8
Guest bluecanary25

Am I jumping off a cliff??? :surrender:   

I would like to buy 2 (maybe 3 if funds are available  :ph34r: ) and like many others here, would prefer consecutive numbers. :love:

We're just doing lowers.  I have no information about whether this company even manufactures uppers.

That being said, I think people really get too worked up over the notion of matching uppers and lowers when they build an AR because they've been conditioned to think that a BMC upper [or insert brand here] needs an upper from the same manufacturer to somehow be a quality firearm.  None of my ARs have brand matching uppers and lowers.  I built them with the best components possible and selected uppers based on my need, not on what the lower said on the side of it.

I'm really surprised that people aren't just satisfied that someone has taken it upon themselves to offer us this opportunity for billet lowers with the community logo on them.

^this for sure^

I was just thinking of aesthetics. Some people, (like me), are obcessive-compulsive and thus desire such things. It has nothing to do with quality or not being satisfied by an offer. Sorry if this offends you.