Do You Believe That "Bigfoot" Exists?

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that teh animal commonly known as "bigfoot" exists?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have an open mind on the subject
    • This is a joke, right???

I've watched quite a few episodes of "Finding Bigfoot" and I've look at the "BFRO's" website (http://www.bfro.net/  ).

I've always been curious about things like this...mysterious animals that no one knew existed until someone actually found one or unknown civilizations, etc. so part of me would like to think these animals exist.

On the other hand, I really have a difficult time believing that we don't have significant physical evidence (like a captured bigfoot of a dead body) to prove they are real.

What do you think???

Edited by RobertNashville

New animals are being discovered on a regular basis, a new subspecies of apes was recently discovered in Asia i wanna say it was 2010.  So there is ceertainly the possibility that a bigfoot like creature may exist in some remote corner of the world.  I dont think they exist in the US.  There are some extremely remote locations in norther canada that have yet to be explored by man that have the very very slim possibility.    I refuse to believe that something doesnt exist just because its highly unlikely that it exists.  A planet that can support life is extreamly unlikely to occur.  Humanity itself has even less probability of exisitng and surviving considering we are relatively slow and weak especially when compared to the apex predators throught human existance.    If we can exist survive and thrive there is no reason to believe that it is not within the relm of possibility for a big foot like ape to exist somewhere.

Guest drv2fst

I'm not really a bigfoot believer, but I do keep an open mind.  I saw a TV Show some time ago that claimed one was caught by a village somewhere in or around Russia in the late 1800's.  The story was that the village tamed her and used her as the village slave.  Eventually, she gave birth to human (mostly) babies.  They did DNA tests on the claimed decedents and found some unusual DNA mixed in.  For that to be true they would have to be pretty close to us genetically.

I spent a lot of time in the North West years ago.  I loved the NW forests and mountains and spent time there every chance I got.  I never saw the first track, scat, nor carcass of a Big Foot.  But then, I never saw the first track, scat, nor carcass of a Mountain Lion either.

• Like 1
I believe they exist. I also believe they are here in East TN.

Of course I do believe in a lot of things people around these parts don't believe in, and I don't believe in a few things people around these parts do believe in.
  • Like 1

With today's numerous hunting cameras in the woods, why hasn't anyone come forward?  Also, why hasn't any bones ever been found? 

Yep!

I watch that show too and find it odd that with all of the technology that they are yet to find indisputable proof of their existence. Like Runco said, Where are the bones? Why are the only trailcam pictures of them blurred? Bring in the bloodhounds!

Lots of questions but no sure answers!

Guest drv2fst

With today's numerous hunting cameras in the woods, why hasn't anyone come forward?  Also, why hasn't any bones ever been found? 

Again, I'm not really a believer in them but; Panda Bears were thought to by mythical until about 100 years ago.  People made those same arguments about why haven't any bones been found.  Why hasn't a hunter shot one?  There was a trading post somewhere in China that had a Panda hide on the wall.  Scientists called it a fake.  Scientists also "proved" that it's impossible for something that large to live on the available food supply.  Then suddenly, hunters started shooting them and bring in the bodies.  Then some were captured alive.  Now e can hardly remember that there was ever any doubt about the existence of the Panda.

There are many things yet to be discovered. I'm sure the bigfoot is one of them.

There are many things yet to be discovered that aren't being looked for, the Big Foot is being sought after and has had a healthy budget spent on it every year... I keep an open mind, but I have some serious doubts about Big Foot.
A great documentary came out in the '80's about one that was caught and lived with a family up in Washington or Oregon.

If my memory serves me right, the family hit it on their way out of the woods from a camping trip correct?
I think there's a LOT about this planet we don't know. ....and who knows what hand hides things from the public.

I read an article about the amazon rain forest. They haven't explored hardly any of it. God only knows what might be found buried deep in there where humans have not ventured.

Don't even get get started on what might be at the bottom of the ocean. we know more about outer space than the bottom of our oceans. One word....leviathan.
My wife has trouble with stairs. She falls up them and she falls down them. We call her Aunt Bunny after Eddie Murphy's aunt, who he believed was a Sasquatch. Does that count? Edited by BigK