Purist keep out!!! Revolution of a classic. 91/30 Bull-Pup

I have a fascination with bull-pups and an abundance of Mosins. What better solution than the CBRPS Mosin stock. 

It was originally a counter crowned Izzy. I cut 4" off, crowned and threaded it, and added a Timney trigger. I'll be making a forward, bent bolt handle for it soon. 

IMG_20130522_214721-L.jpg

IMG_20130522_200427-L.jpg

IMG_20130522_212149-L.jpg

IMG_20130522_212213-L.jpg

If you find this offensive, All I can say is, "You were warned."

Edited by smopoim86

Wonder how long it will take before your creation shows up on a Mosin forum. It seems to be a game of one upmanship for the purists to find a gun like yours and then for the rest of the Mosin eliteist  to pile on how you have ruined a classic.

Wonder how long it will take before your creation shows up on a Mosin forum. It seems to be a game of one upmanship for the purists to find a gun like yours and then for the rest of the Mosin eliteist to pile on how you have ruined a classic.

probably not long, I know of at least one which shall not be named where he would get banned and cussed out if he were to post it there or if someone else posted it there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

probably not long, I know of at least one which shall not be named where he would get banned and cussed out if he were to post it there or if someone else posted it there

Some people take the silliest crap so seriously. I am I guess a purist at heart but I also have no qualms about taking something that I own and butchering/modifying it to suit my purposes. It doesn't happen very often as I've learned the hard way through experience that some things either can't be undone or its too much work to be worth while. Stuff like this though is a no brainer, its a drop in stock with no real modification needed. Hang onto the original stock and it all goes back to stock in minutes.

OP,do keep us updated when you get some range time. The more I look at it I may just have to get both this AND the Archangel. Of course I'll have to buy two bubba'd rifles but I guess those are the breaks.
  • Like 1

Very cool looking! Love to see cool mods like this, especially when it ruffles feathers of stodgy purists.
I'm curious to hear how it shoots too. So, yeah...keep us posted.

I know what you mean about ruffling feathers. Some of the crap I read online makes me want to go source a Finnish M44 with all matching numbers and see what kind of fun me and the Dremel tool can have. "I guess since I'm going to drill and tap for a rail I don't really NEED a front site anymore..." "Yeah, all the numbers used to match but check it out, I used the engraver attachment to make the bolts serial number into my birthday. Nifty huh?"
  • Like 1

Some people take the silliest crap so seriously. I am I guess a purist at heart but I also have no qualms about taking something that I own and butchering/modifying it to suit my purposes. It doesn't happen very often as I've learned the hard way through experience that some things either can't be undone or its too much work to be worth while. Stuff like this though is a no brainer, its a drop in stock with no real modification needed. Hang onto the original stock and it all goes back to stock in minutes.

OP,do keep us updated when you get some range time. The more I look at it I may just have to get both this AND the Archangel. Of course I'll have to buy two bubba'd rifles but I guess those are the breaks.

yeah no kidding the one I spoke of I posted about the archangel stock and before anyone could reply it got removed and I got a nasty pm from the mod who removed

There's no making it back to stock. I cut 4" off and threaded the barrel. Today I cut the bolt handle off and attached a new handle near the front. I need to thread the rod and make a knob for the handle then I'll post some more pics. 

Still haven't gotten to shoot it and probably won't for another week. Grrr.

Well guys, I finally got to shoot it yesterday. It was great fun. I still need to finish out the bolt handle and do a little more work cleaning up the chamber(slightly sticky bolt). It's awkward to cycle but a blast to shoot.