New(to me) Road Bike

Nice Bike but for that kind of money it should of had peddles on it LOL

Haha, well it's very common to keep your pedals. I kept mine of my other bike. The cleats are already on your shoes and generally used to how they operate.

Haha, well it's very common to keep your pedals. I kept mine of my other bike. The cleats are already on your shoes and generally used to how they operate.

Thanks LJ  for the clarification  I learned something today.  As you can tell not up on my biking  :wave:

Sweet bike!

Moments after seeing the pic, the vision of some big, burly, bearded lumber jack type riding that bike in full Tour de France regalia appeared in my head, and I chuckled.  :)

Like this?

fat+guy+on+bike.jpg

Congrats! Nice ride for sure. Speaking of peddles, what brand do you use? I converted to Speedplay Zero's several years ago and will never go back to the Look style pedals.

I currently have a set of Look Keo Sprint's. I have been debating switching to speed play. What do you like about them over the Look style.
Interesting looking bicycle, I wouldn't be able to ride that thing for more than 10 minutes or so before I was so sore I'd be off my feet for 3 days afterwards.

I do like my 29" Mongoose mtb, but I had to swap the hard stock seat out for a huge "tractor" style gel foam saddle, looks a little odd but at least I can ride all-day without being in agony the whole time.

Anyway congrats on the new bike man, it looks very expensive! Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine!

I currently have a set of Look Keo Sprint's. I have been debating switching to speed play. What do you like about them over the Look style.

For me the biggest advantage was the ability to vary the amount of float from 0 to 15 degrees and set were you want to float (inboard vs. outboard).  Prior to that I had some problem with my left knee with "Look" style pedals (was actually using Shimano Ultegra).  No knee issues after going to Speedplay   Also, the two sided entry is nice along with the three axis adjustment (front/back, side to side, rotational angle) so you can really dial it into your riding style and comfort.  I would definitely recommend the Zero model if you go this route.  There are several other advantages listed below in the link.   I've got the Chrome-Moly since it's the cheapest choice.  

http://www.speedplay.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.zero 

I had just the opposite experience with speedplay zeros. I didn't find them as stable for my knees as my older Look Deltas. I've also had Keos. The Look Keo and Delta feel exactly the same, but they are not interchangeable.

To be fair, I didn't invest a lot of time trying to adjust the Speedplays because I couldn't walk anywhere without picking up bits of gravel that jammed into the cleat. Then, I'd have to clean the cleat before I could clip on. The Delta and Keo are just plastic triangles, so nothing would jam into them. The plastic triangle would wear down from walking, but they were still fully functional.

Oh, I also found the Speedplays harder to clip into, but that could have just been from riding in Looks for the past 18 years.

Edited by jgradyc

Awesome bike, congrats. Pretty sure my little Trek 2.1 won't keep up with that one.

There is a saying in cycling, "it's not the bike, it's the engine that matters“.

Exactly. I've been smoked by 60 year old guys on 80's bikes.

Fred, let me know when you wanna go, it's always more fun to ride with other people.

Nice bike Lumber Jack . I thought I was the only one  who liked bikes and guns ! I just bought a new 2013 Giant Escape 0 . It's a flat bar road bike  .Aluminum frame and carbon forks and Deore components.  I still have a Trek 1400 road bike in excellent condition from 1994 . I just needed to be more upright.