The most stupid movie-firearms mistake i've ever seen.

We all know movies and firearms is seldom if ever accurate and often downright stupid, magizines called clips, guns called by different names, i've always thought it was funny when someone has been confronting someone else for 5 minutes and then decides to chamber a round(rack the slide), for dramatic effect. Last night I watched a repeat of "Back To The Future" and noticed on of the most stupid Hollywood gun mistakes I have ever seen, it was where the Libyan's in the van shot doc and were trying to shoot Marty with an AK and they actually had the AK jam on them. Have you ever heard of anything more absurd?

Anyway, what's your favorite Hollywood stupid firearms  scenes? Like I said, mine is when someone has been chasing someone for minutes, then corners them, then chambers a round, and the old classic of revolvers having 50 chambers in their cylinders.

I think #1 would have to be the insta-death that guns tend to be seen to cause.

Lack of recoil is one that really stands out since I started shooting but there's only so much they can do for that so I try to ignore it.

The first prison shootout on The Walking Dead was pretty horrible. Handguns AND rifles had absolutely no recoil yet Carol was rubbing her shoulder after the fight. Must have just be arthritis. That and the deputy taking the safety off of his Glock on the first episode.

• Like 2
Guest Travtastik
Pale rider where they are all using cap and ball pistols. When they reload you can hear the brass hit the floor but they never open a cylinder. There is a reload sense were a guy is trying to put a round into the gun and he has no idea what he's doing.

I wish I could recall what movie/TV show I saw this in, but the bad guy corners our hero and levels his Glock for a point blank shot only to find he's fired all 50 rounds of ammo in his 17 round magazine. The slide never locked back, the gun goes click to emphasize he's out of ammo, but he doesn't give up...no...he proceeds to pull the trigger several more times and we hear click, click, click each time.

Last man standing. Tons of 1911 action, but the shots literally thrown people out doors and across rooms. The never ending revolver pisses me off. And of course the racking of a shotgun for affect after threating to kill someone with it.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Shooting a semi-auto handgun, flashes, noise, but no empty brass. Seen sometimes with a pump shotgun also(Roadhouse).

"Stand by Me", kid fires off 1911 to get attention, the, he cocks the hammer for the next shot.

Shooting with a silencer, semi auto, the poof sounds, but slide not moving, again, no brass.

Edited by bubbiesdad
Guest Travtastik
Another one is sharpshooter anyone ever seen it? Guy is breaking into the mansion of some drug lord that has 50+ armed guards with MP5's. of course the hero has one a knife as he starts in. Get the first guy and takes his MP5 with a silencer and shoots another guard. 1 shot bolt looks back and dude throws down the gun out of ammo. Goes and picks up another gun and 1 shot out of ammo. They really worked hard not to have the unlimited ammo hung going on.

One more recent: Defiance on Scifi. Very first episode, two characters are running through a forest with zergling kinda things chasing them. One guy has a pistol, and as he's shooting at the stuff chasing them, he runs out of ammo. That's all fine right? Well instead of the normal "click" you'd expect the pistol clicks but the guy pulls his hand back simulating recoil when the pistol doesnt even shoot. I had to stop watching.

Couldnt find a youtube vid of it =(.

The beginning of End of Watch when he is going through his locker showing you his stuff. Holds up his handgun and says "Department issued Glock 19" when you can clearly see it say 22 on the slide, then he pulls out his knife and says "Spiderco Tactical Knife" yet you can see it says Smith&Wesson on the blade. That was probably the funniest one Ive seen simply because I dont understand how his lines could end up so wrong compared to the actual equipment in hand.

Watching reruns of The Walking Dead last night, Andrea slings her pistol back towards Rick (when she was leaning over her dead sister) and manages to rack the slide with one hand. Actually, she hadn't racked it... but you sure heard it. At least she knew the safety was off that time... lol

The list is literally endless, basically every movie that features a firearm in it.

From the earliest cowboy western movie where six-shooters are six-hundred shooters, to what ever movies are currently being filmed on a set somewhere.

Some of course are more egregious than others, but I don't think that there are many movie folks who are avid firearms enthousiests.
Remember the scene in Leathal Weapon #? where someone fires a 9mm with those cop killer armor pericing rounds and puts nice clean holes in a bull doizer blade?
Also, old westerns that's supposed to be pre or civil war era and they all have SAA's.
AK's can & do malfunction, if you rely on one for self-defense you should be aware of that fact.

Like many other semi-autos the malfunctions are typically ammunition or magazine related, however just about any thing can break, be it an extractor or firing pin, etc.

They are not as sensitive to environmental factors such as dirt/grime as some other firearm designs, but they are not infallable.

Remember the scene in Leathal Weapon #? where someone fires a 9mm with those cop killer armor pericing rounds and puts nice clean holes in a bull doizer blade?
Also, old westerns that's supposed to be pre or civil war era and they all have SAA's.