Rep trying to engage National Guard to stop violence in Chicago

Guest confidence

That's a slippery slope for sure. On one side, it would be legal since its the Guard but it also reminds of this quote from "The Siege"

General William Devereaux: Twelve hours after the President (insert Gov. Quinn) gives the order we can be on the ground. One light infantry division of 10,700 men, elements of the Rapid Deployment Force, Special Forces, Delta, APCs, helicopters, tanks and of course the ubiquitous M-16 A2 assault rifle. A humble enough weapon until you see it in the hands of a man outside your local bowling alley or 7-11. It will be noisy, it will be scary and it will not be mistaken for a VFW parade.

Great movie to get you thinking about the repercussions of having war fighters in American streets. Ground combat troops are in the "Use only in case of war" category for me.
  • Like 1

Let them do it. Everybody needs to see the commie dream evolve to its full potential. Maybe will it educate the idiots that elected those people to begin with. It would be hard to make Chicago any worse.

If the people of Chicago haven't learned yet, this won't help.  It boggles the mind, really.  How can anyone believe these steps will make anything better?

If the people of Chicago haven't learned yet, this won't help.  It boggles the mind, really.  How can anyone believe these steps will make anything better?

I don't think they'll make anything better there. I do think it may have the potential to educate some low information folks about our Democrat friends. It would be a political gift to Republicans.

Oh I don't know...if you declare open season on thugs/ganbangers and a few get shot on sight I'd bet that would cause the rest to go into hiding like the little cockroaches they are (not that they'll ever let that happen of course...as Mike noted, the guard probably won't be able to carry loaded weapons). ;)

Way back in the 1970s, Montgomery, AL had a really bad crime problem. The mayor said, shoot'em.  It seemed like every week you'd hear about someone robbing a convenience store and getting shot while running away.

Crime dropped.

Guest Bonedaddy

Let them do it. Everybody needs to see the commie dream evolve to its full potential. Maybe will it educate the idiots that elected those people to begin with. It would be hard to make Chicago any worse.

I agree but I sho' hoped it didn't happen in my, my children's or grandchildren's lifetime. I often regret ever bringin' any kids into this world today and my kids are startin' to feel the same way. I feel we all (well maybe not ya'll) wronged them just by havin' them. Pitiful thankin', huh...?

The mayor noted that there were more than 100 cases during the first six months of this year where either the victims or perpetrators of gun crimes would have been in prison if those stiffer sentences had been in place.

I had to laugh out loud when I read that. Pretty bad when you have to argue the victim should have still been in prison. biggrin.gif

I had to laugh out loud when I read that. Pretty bad when you have to argue the victim should have still been in prison. biggrin.gif

That's kinda why I'm not as grief stricken as your basic libtard over all the killing. If laws can't handle, basic forces of nature will.

That's a slippery slope for sure. On one side, it would be legal since its the Guard but it also reminds of this quote from "The Siege"

General William Devereaux: Twelve hours after the President (insert Gov. Quinn) gives the order we can be on the ground. One light infantry division of 10,700 men, elements of the Rapid Deployment Force, Special Forces, Delta, APCs, helicopters, tanks and of course the ubiquitous M-16 A2 assault rifle. A humble enough weapon until you see it in the hands of a man outside your local bowling alley or 7-11. It will be noisy, it will be scary and it will not be mistaken for a VFW parade.

Great movie to get you thinking about the repercussions of having war fighters in American streets. Ground combat troops are in the "Use only in case of war" category for me.

Wait until Zimmerman walks out of the Sanford Court House a free man in the next few days..... :panic: :panic: :panic:   I think this is what Obama's been waiting for.  He gets to try out his new "national police force as big, powerful and well-funded as our combined U.S. militaryOh...and that's HIS words not mine..!!

Edited by Randall53
  • Like 1

Wait until Zimmerman walks out of the Sanford Court House a free man in the next few days..... :panic: :panic: :panic:   I think this is what Obama's been waiting for.  He gets to try out his new "national police force as big, powerful and well-funded as our combined U.S. militaryOh...and that's HIS words not mine..!!

Very well could happen. They need a new and bigger crisis to take everyone's mind of what a s..t head Obama is
Guest Bonedaddy

Let it happen. I'm bored, anyway. Old 'nuff to not give a damn, too. Just hope I get fair 'nuff warnin' to do somethin' with the young'ns.

If the liberals are correct that the guns themselves - the physical objects - are the reason for the violence and murder rates then implementation of Representative Davis' plan would cause Chicago to implode in a violent supernova. You see, the Guard has thousands of assault rifles, machine guns, and even handguns.
  • Like 1

Chicago is the perfect city for a police state expierment, my guess is that violence and murders will actually get worse and eventually the people wont tolerate it. Like you said maybe it will wake some liberals up when their rights get crapped on, they will see their heros for what they really are.