Zimmerman Trial: Verdict Reached!

• Moderators
I believe that the correct verdict was reached based upon the facts in evidence however, I won't revel in it and attempt to serve anyone a dish of fresh crow. There are folks I know and respect here and elsewhere on both sides of the issue. I pray that the fears of unrest are blown out of proportion and come to naught, but I still have taken precautions based upon the chatter on social media.

Before you go to bed tonight hug your kids because regardless of your parenting, they could make a poor decision and end up like Martin. Also, ask God for guidance so you don't make a poor decision and end up in the same position as Zimmerman. This was a shitty situation for everyone involved. Let us now work to move past the rifts and divisions that the media and race pimps have sought to sow between us.
  • Like 10

Ok, I have a question. The jury deliberated for 13 hours today. What is everyone else doing while this is going on? Are they all just sitting in the   courtroom? That would have to be kinda awkward.

They are on call. The court clerk will call all parties back to the courtroom for the announcement.

Guest ThePunisher

The question now is what are you guys going to find to debate and create 1000 post threads?  ;)

Is political correctness nothing more than brain washing by the liberals?
Guest TankerHC

Well they will do an OJ on him no doubt. Although OJ was guilty, but found not guilty by the jury (The witnesses are talking now since Statute of limitations have run out on perjury), Zimmerman will end up getting the same treatment. The only difference being that OJ's $25,000 per month NFL pension could not be touched, Zimmerman on the other hand, will be found to have willfully caused the death of Martin, willfully committed oppression while committing battery against Martin and the jury will award the grandmother and mother in excess of what Brown and Goldman families were awarded. An innocent man will be railroaded because the jury didnt reach the verdict that certain people wanted, they only reached the correct verdict. In a few months, Zimmerman will be broke and have nothing for the rest of his life. No matter where he goes, we will see him on TV as a child killer,

I think Ill come back and revisit this post in about 6 months, shouldn't take that long for the ACLU Attorney's, possibly Federal Attorneys and whoever else wants to jump in, to retry an innocent man and ruin his life.

Correct verdict in a case that never should have happened. Unfortunately GZ life will never be normal again, but he has some lawsuits he can file to pay off his defense team and move to a better location.

Yuup and the defense team made it clear that if anyone is stupid enough to file suit against Zimmerman they will go back to court and seek and GET immunity from civil suites.  It it had been a hung jury it would have been an issue but now that he's been found Not Guilty (the use of self-defense deadly force) he will be immune from civil suits.

Well sir, no one here was on the jury and from what I've read, a lot of you have the same mindset that the victim must have been up to something simply because of his presence. I accept the verdict. Maybe as Zimmermann stated, this could be Gods will. I will also accept that whatever befalls him in his future will also be Gods will. Good or bad.

You must not have been reading many of the opinions stated on here about this case. I don't think anyone here said he was up to something simply because of his presence. It was not a crime to suspect TM. It was not a crime to confront TM, if that actually happened. It would have been a crime if he assaulted TM. None of the evidence showed that he did that. TM assaulting Zimmerman was a crime and slamming his head in to the concrete got him killed, bottom line.

• Like 2

Well they will do an OJ on him no doubt. Although OJ was guilty, but found not guilty by the jury (The witnesses are talking now since Statute of limitations have run out on perjury), Zimmerman will end up getting the same treatment. The only difference being that OJ's $25,000 per month NFL pension could not be touched, Zimmerman on the other hand, will be found to have willfully caused the death of Martin, willfully committed oppression while committing battery against Martin and the jury will award the grandmother and mother in excess of what Brown and Goldman families were awarded. An innocent man will be railroaded because the jury didnt reach the verdict that certain people wanted, they only reached the correct verdict. In a few months, Zimmerman will be broke and have nothing for the rest of his life. No matter where he goes, we will see him on TV as a child killer,

I think Ill come back and revisit this post in about 6 months, shouldn't take that long for the ACLU Attorney's, possibly Federal Attorneys and whoever else wants to jump in, to retry an innocent man and ruin his life.

Nope...since his use of SD deadly force was justified he is immune from civil suits; same as we here in TN

• Like 1

Will probably be immune from civil suits under the immunity clause of the stand your ground law in Florida.

Gonna lighten things up. Crowd reacts to verdict. Someone used a pseudonym and they quoted him.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2514307

Howie Felterbush stood on the outskirts of the demonstration crowd, watching.

"Justice was rendered," he said. "That's why we have trials instead of (verdicts based on) public opinion."

Felterbush was in Orlando earlier in the day and came to the courthouse to offer an opposing view. "That wasn't to be had," he said. "There was 95 percent Trayvon supporters."

The Melbourne resident believes the jury made the right decision, but he didn't say it very loudly. The 49-year old declined to be interviewed on video, saying he was uncomfortable because of the "state of things."

A woman standing next to him, who also supported George Zimmerman, declined an interview entirely. "I want to make it back to the car," she said.

Nice. I quoted in case they catch it.

Guest TankerHC

Saw a little while ago New Black Panthers in Sanford trying to rile up the masses. They dont seem to be having an effect, just as I thought. Im sure they are thinking twice, but NBP may be able to keep going long enough to get it cranked up.

The LA Cops verdict came at 3:15 AM, (30 minutes later) by 3:45 AM the riots had started with 300 people. We are now well over an hour since the verdict. I havent seen a broadcast or headline mentioning anything.

That old saying "An armed society is a polite society" may just turn out to be true.

You must not have been reading many of the opinions stated on here about this case. I don't think anyone here said he was up to something simply because of his presence. It was not a crime to suspect TM. It was not a crime to confront TM, if that actually happened. It would have been a crime if he assaulted TM. None of the evidence showed that he did that. TM assaulting Zimmerman was a crime and slamming his head in to the concrete got him killed, bottom line.

I will state this for the last time tonight. I will not debate this again. Go and read my old post.
Guest TankerHC

Nope...since his use of SD deadly force was justified he is immune from civil suits; same as we here in TN

That will make no difference. I have already seen 2 reports that certain "factions" are bringing Civil Suits.

Out of proportion is correct. Just wishful thinking by the ignorant. Nothing to celebrate. This decision just proves that it's alright to kill a young man for "fitting the description".

I think you have lost your mind. Either that, or you are going totally with the filtered media story. This was plain old self defense, no matter how they got to that point.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 3

Saw a little while ago New Black Panthers in Sanford trying to rile up the masses. They dont seem to be having an effect, just as I thought. Im sure they are thinking twice, but NBP may be able to keep going long enough to get it cranked up.

The LA Cops verdict came at 3:15 AM, (30 minutes later) by 3:45 AM the riots had started with 300 people. We are now well over an hour since the verdict. I havent seen a broadcast or headline mentioning anything.

That old saying "An armed society is a polite society" may just turn out to be true.

Maybe they aren't the animals that media tell you they are, but it's still early. They could be at your doorstep tomorrow.