Threads going south

Shug

Ya'll ever notice that when you start a thread and it gets a few responses how fast and far it goes off track? I started one about morons filming traffic stops, and the last time I checked it had moved to Census Tables of Motor Vehicle Accidents regarding alcohol-impaired driving crashes........Oh well that is a good topic in it's self

Edited by Shug
  • Like 1

Yeah, because we are all pretty much like minded if the threads stayed on topic it would be rather boring. A bunch of dittos and +1's would cover page after page. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with a difference of opinion as long as it doesn't move into personal attacks. And with that threre are some who have more of an agenda than an opinion and those people are looking for a reason to post something that supports that agenda.

• Like 2

It happens. I've come to think of threads as conversation starters.

Yep Kind of like sittin on the back pouch, having a few cold ones with your friends. Conversation turns from sports to politics.  :cheers: 

• Like 4
Guest Lester Weevils
Some technical or complicated matters could perhaps go on for a long time without splintering, but many topics are tapped out in not too many posts.

It seems a matter of politeness to avoid dragging a thread off topic as long as it doesn't yet seem tapped out.

On the other hand steelharp is correct that intergalactic house of pancakes is better than waffle house, though sometimes shoneys is purt good as is cracker barrel. But my favorite was a joint that went out of biz in chatt long ago called butches ham and egger. Another goodun was Sambos but the name was too politically incorrect.

Yeah, because we are all pretty much like minded if the threads stayed on topic it would be rather boring. A bunch of dittos and +1's would cover page after page. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with a difference of opinion as long as it doesn't move into personal attacks. And with that threre are some who have more of an agenda than an opinion and those people are looking for a reason to post something that supports that agenda.

+1

1911's are antiquated boat anchors, Glock is the only way to go.

WHAT? That's the line, buddy! Everyone knows an AR is going to jam up the first time it's taken outside! AKs FTW! Only problem is that I can't shoot them because I ONLY shoot calebers that start with 4.

Do try to say on topic.