Admin: Please lock.

Guest Nunya

What ever happened to all that "free market" talk?  I guess it only works when you're gouging but not when you get called out on it in front of everyone.  Free market goes both ways.  You can buy up all the supply and make a few bucks, but people absolutely have the right so throw your sorry ass under the bus.

It's because too many misunderstand "free market" and use the term incorrectly. But I'll be glad to let them think they're right,

once more.

Monkeylizard's explanation is spot on.

Buying up the Wallyworld 22LR bricks with no intent other than reselling them at a gouged price is kind of the same as throwing a box of roofing nails in the road and setting up a temporary road side tire repair business. Seems shady to me. How would you feel as a customer at the "tire repair stand" if you found out the guy running it threw out the nails? 

I would say that none of these "re-sellers" are legitimate businesses. Walmart is a legitimate business that sells to the end user. They are not a wholesale distributor but are selling retail to the public. These "re-sellers" are inserting themselves in between Walmart and the public as a middle man.

I have learned that you can take about anything and find that there will be somebody that has found a crooked way to make money off of it.

Years ago I would just pick up a brick every once in a while at Walmart whether I needed it or not but when there is not any on the shelf or it is too high I just don't buy any. I still have an adequate stock from what I bought over the years. Hopefully this situation will level off. If there was 1,000 bricks of it on the shelf the re-sellers would pack up and go home and start looking for a new game. Kind of like a parasite looking for a new host.

• Like 7
It's over and over and over again. Quit complaining if your buying it , quit buying it if your complaining. The ammo is out there , get it as cheap as you can , if you can't find it at a reasonable cost , don't buy it. Yes , when the scalpers can sell it for a profit they will continue to do so. Only when scalping prices cease to sell will the scalping stop.

Wish it was that easy .........
  • Like 4

It's over and over and over again. Quit complaining if your buying it , quit buying it if your complaining. The ammo is out there , get it as cheap as you can , if you can't find it at a reasonable cost , don't buy it. Yes , when the scalpers can sell it for a profit they will continue to do so. Only when scalping prices cease to sell will the scalping stop.

Wish it was that easy .........

Seems pretty simple when you put is like that doesn't it!  ;)

It would certainly be okay with me (not that I have any say-so)...these threads are a bit tiresome....I mean...what more is there to say?

There is always the remote possibility that from my inaliloquent remarks that someone smarter than me ( 99% chance ) will use some adoxography that is beyond my mental comprehension just to make me fell small , stupid or plain ole dumb. Lethologica keeps me from saying what I really mean. Of course being a philosophunculist pretty much counts me out. The whole compliant of this thread is about the ability to quomodocunquize.  :cool:

Just my witzelsucht.

Edited by Threeeighty

There is always the remote possibility that from my inaliloquent remarks that someone smarter than me ( 99% chance ) will use some adoxography that is beyond my mental comprehension just to make me fell small , stupid or plain ole dumb. Lethologica keeps me from saying what I really mean. Of course being a philosophunculist pretty much counts me out. The whole compliant of this thread is about the ability to quomodocunquize.  :cool:

Just my witzelsucht.

Jeez, I need access to your thesaurus!

Saying that though, note that "fell" should be "feel" and "compliant" should be "complaint". :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 3

Jeez, I need access to your thesaurus!

Saying that though, note that "fell" should be "feel" and "compliant" should be "complaint". :)

- OS

Was it a thesaurus or did it translate some words to German? No worries on the spelling 380. My typing usually is what gets crossed up, it's hard for me to hunt & peck fast without swapping letters around.

I bet Nunya or Benton, whichever it is, never thought his original post would turn into such hot topic. I am glad they did not lock it down, I think everyone has remained civil and got in some good debate at the same time. Good way to get to know some of you guys.

RobertNashville is probably right, not much more to say. You guys have a good one.

But this thread gives me a reason to turn on the computer each day :popcorn:

Oh don't worry if this one dies or gets locked as I'm sure GZ will do something soon that will generate another LONG thread and if not him then there are always other possibilities such as…

...the latest antics of "him whose name we do not speak"),  or

..."what weapon is best for home defense, a AR15 or a 12GA?", or the classic

..."why do Glocks suck and 1911s rock?"

;)

So, I bought a new kydex gun case tomorrow and I'm gonna open carry my rifle in it. With a fake supressor and a 203 launchef loaded with smoke rds while walking down the middle of knoxville wearing a plate carrier and a turbine while screaming randomly. Who is with me? :D

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 2
  • Moderators

So, I bought a new kydex gun case tomorrow and I'm gonna open carry my rifle in it. With a fake supressor and a 203 launchef loaded with smoke rds while walking down the middle of knoxville wearing a plate carrier and a turbine while screaming randomly. Who is with me? :DTapatalk ate my spelling.

What kind of turbine?
Wind, water, transonic, contra-rotating, ceramic? :D
  • Like 1

So, I bought a new kydex gun case tomorrow and I'm gonna open carry my rifle in it. With a fake supressor and a 203 launchef loaded with smoke rds while walking down the middle of knoxville wearing a plate carrier and a turbine while screaming randomly. Who is with me? :D

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

I'll be there!

Wearing my turbine too!

Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow, baby!

Edit: Sorry. ChuckTshoes already used the first joke that popped in my head. Edited by Clod Stomper