DC police can arrest tourists with empty bullet casings

This fleck of fecal material on the lip of the world taking stupidity to new levels...maybe an Establishment Republican can get the AG in TN to ape this law for municipalities here as well.

Police in Washington, a city known for its tough anti-gun laws, has a little-known law that enables police to arrest non-residents caught carrying a spent bullet or shotgun casing that can result in a year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/06/dc-police-can-arrest-tourists-with-empty-bullet-casings/?test=latestnews

Edited by Worriedman
You know I'm wondering, if the stupid Congresswoman who thought magazines are useless after they have used up their bullets had anything to do with this stupid law that considers spent/empty bullet casings as "ammunition"???  ;)

U.S. Congressman Dianna Degette thinks Gun Magazines are "One Use"[/b]

The Denver Post (think N.Y. Times or Washington Post) held a Gun Control Forum on April 2, 2013. During the discussion the Congresslady revealed how little she really understands about the guns she (and other Democrats) want to regulate out of existence. She actually said, about high capacity magazines "If you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time, because THE BULLETS WILL HAVE BEEN SHOT, AND THERE WON'T BE ANY MORE AVAILABLE!" - Then, listen for the laughter in the audience.

http://www.examiner.com/article/rep-diana-degette-doesn-t-know-difference-between-ammunition-magazines Edited by RobertNashville

I would not step foot in that state or any of the other nut bag regions. They can have it.

I cancelled a trip there just because I couldn't carry legally. Thought about just doing the old carry anyway, no one would know unless needed. .

Anybody who will not go to DC is doing themselves (and their kids/family if they them) a tremendous disservice.

There is no better way to see the history...the sacrifice...the things that document what made this country greatest that has ever existed...the amazing number of monuments, documents, exhibits, etc. that are simply not available anywhere else should be experienced and appreciated by anyone who loves this country.

The WW2 memorial and the Wall are, individually, enough to justify a trip there. I've lived in several states and spend time in every state with the exception of Alaska and Hawaii and there simply is no other place on earth like it and I doubt that there ever will be.

• Like 2

Nearly all of the museums are free and you're already paying for it so why not enjoy it.

Oh...Museums are great!  I heard there's one in DC called Capital Building that's known for it's "Wax for Brains" exhibit. These figures move and talk and say stupid ridicules things. Some even play poker on Iphones......

Guest ThePunisher
Made a visit in '95 and enjoyed the sights, but I would probably never go back until the people win their country back from these current tyrants, and only if I could carry legally. Edited by ThePunisher

Anybody who will not go to DC is doing themselves (and their kids/family if they them) a tremendous disservice.

There is no better way to see the history...the sacrifice...the things that document what made this country greatest that has ever existed...the amazing number of monuments, documents, exhibits, etc. that are simply not available anywhere else should be experienced and appreciated by anyone who loves this country.

The WW2 memorial and the Wall are, individually, enough to justify a trip there. I've lived in several states and spend time in every state with the exception of Alaska and Hawaii and there simply is no other place on earth like it and I doubt that there ever will be.

Trip I cancelled was a tax seminar not for sight seeing. Wouldn't have seen any of these anyway. I am sure all of these are worth seeing.

Hmm. Gotta wonder about all those heavy-metal bullet belts. I bet there are stores in DC that sell them.

Also, it says "spent casing". What about virgin brass? Anyone know the text of the law?

"“Ammunition” means cartridge cases, shells, projectiles (including shot),
primers, bullets (including restricted pistol bullets), propellant powder, or
other devices or materials designed, redesigned, or intended for use in a
firearm or destructive device."