Truck got broken into

Spots

Well, I got hit last night. My truck was parked at Walmart in Oak ridge, while I rode with my wife out to dinner. When I got back my door was unlocked and there was a straightened coat hangar in the bed. They got 3 custom knives, including one I was doing for a gentleman here, as well as a pair of antler scales that were his. They also grabbed a small craftsmen tool set, my masonry tools (4 ft and 2 ft level, trowel, etc.) my old single bit axe, 4 loaded 1911 mags, a 100 rd bix of .45 acp, some hearing protection and my car charger. I only have liability insurance so no help there. I dont expect to see any of it back, but if you notice any of the above items, especially 3 big hand forged camp knives for sale at unusually low prices, please let me know. Thanks Jordan. And I did file a police report, but I doubt they will find anything, since it was all random, lower value items Tapatalk ate my spelling. Edited by Spots
Sorry to hear. Hopefully they will at least check the cameras for some type of description. Wal Mart should have pretty good surveillance in their parking lot. I hate thieves with a passion.
One problem was I parked in the back corner to stay out of the way, so noone was around. Im just glad they didnt break the glass, since I couldnt handle that fincially right now. And im glad I took my get home bag out on monday to do some rearranging, or I would have lost much more.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Sorry to hear about your theft loss my friend. A thief and a liar are the two people I hate the most myself. You might check local pawn shops for next couple days. Good chance some of it may show up. I would bet they don't have a clue on the value of the knives but you can bet pawn brokers will and they will low ball the guy hoping he does not know their worth. As far as tools go if they are a thief they won't have any use for the tools because they don't work so maybe the tools will show up also. I doubt the ammo will show up because they will probably know some fence that will buy that stuff quicker than a pawn shop with less questions. I hope you did get your stuff back.....

Dang! Sorry to hear that, Jordan! On the rare occasion I have to leave my pickup, I usually pick one of the liquor store lots to park in just because of the extra activity. And the one time I had to leave it for a while at Wally world, I picked a spot right up near the entrance where I could see the cameras. (Might've inconvenienced a person or two, but my sh....stuff was all still there when I got back!)

Guest tdoccrossvilletn
When I lived in oak ridge I got robbed of a 2000 dollar sound system out of my car. I had only gone into my apartment long enough to put a different shirt on and went right back out. I want in my apt but maybe 30 seconds. I filed a police report and nothing ever came of it. Although someone gave me a description of the car. I saw it a couple nights later in front of sage brush at the red light. I chased then all the way back to their payment and called the police. As far as I know nothing ever became of it. My stuff apparently never showed up at any pawn shops in the area either. I lived in those apartments across from walmart at the time woodland something or other. The place turned into a real dump my neighbor was a hooker, there was burnt pieces of aluminum fool in the laundry rooms where crack/meth heads were smoking. I found syringes. Needless to say I got out of there. This was back about 11-12 years ago. Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy. Edited by tdoccrossvilletn

I really hate thieves...I know it's just "stuff" and and stuff; unlike loved ones, can be replaced but it's still such a violation.

I actually remember when I was growing up that we didn't lock our side or back door...it just wasn't necessary...it's not that crime didn't exist but I guess it was uncommon enough where I lived that it wasn't anything we had to worry about. Now; I've got a safe for guns as well as other valuables that has an alarm inside just for the safe itself and it sits inside my office that has multiple alarm sensors and that's on top of the overall alarm sensors I have inside the house otherwise and i still worry about someone breaking in!

I know you probably won't get your stuff back but I'll hope you will anyway!

[quote name="Runco" post="1049878" timestamp="1382047646"] [size=4]Random, or do you suppose someone you know? I would assume someone walking by could see some items of interest, otherwise why would they go to the trouble of a coat hanger.[/size][/quote] I honestly dont know. My best guess is random. The blades were laying in the floorboard but visible, and my masons bag and levels were in the front seat where I had set them when I got off work. Thanks for all the advice guys. I put the word out to the pawnshops. Its not really the monetary value, which is less than $1k. Though thats still a big chunk, and the levels and stuff I will have to replace asap for work. Its the violation thing. Probably a good thing I didnt catch them. I would be in jail, because I do not value a low life piece of ####s life more than the tools I make my living with and my security. :angry: Tapatalk ate my spelling. Edited by Spots

Sorry to hear that Spots.  I know the feeling.  My truck was broken into in my own dang driveway years ago when I was a freshman in college and living at home.  They caused me over $500 worth of damage to steal a radio I might have paid $200 for and its not like it was new either.  The neighborhood I was in was an upscale neighborhood with a $500,000 average home price.  So don't matter where you are these days...especially in Memphis. 

Sorry to hear that Spots. I know the feeling. My truck was broken into in my own dang driveway years ago when I was a freshman in college and living at home. They caused me over $500 worth of damage to steal a radio I might have paid $200 for and its not like it was new either. The neighborhood I was in was an upscale neighborhood with a $500,000 average home price. So don't matter where you are these days...especially in Memphis.

I had a $100cd player stolen once. Stupid thief forgot the harness. Caused way more tha $100 worth of damage.
I think we should cut off thieves hands like them mid east boys do!

Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

I think we should cut off thieves hands like them mid east boys do!

No can't do that, the tax payers would have to pick up the tab to pay someone to wipe their a$$ because they could not wipe it without their hands. 

I actually knew an elderly man growing up that had no hands, I think he lost them in a dynamite fish accident, anyway he was a notorious thief.  He was caught multiple times breaking into houses, the local sheriffs dept. didn't want to lock him up due to the wiping his a$$ part, seriously.

Edited by Runco

No can't do that, the tax payers would have to pick up the tab to pay someone to wipe their a$$ because they could not wipe it without their hands.

I actually knew an elderly man growing up that had no hands, I think he lost them in a dynamite fish, anyway he was a notorious thief. He was caught multiple times breaking in houses, the local sheriffs dept. didn't want to lock him up due to the wiping his a$$ part, seriously.

figures. I forgot we live in a sissy america now; a place where a thief has more rights than the victim.
On a side note...I'd be interested in seeing a thief with no hands.

Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

I remember you stating in another thread that you kept a rifle in your truck. I'm assuming they didn't get that?

Was none of this captured on Wal-Mart security?

I tooks the rifle out not long ago and Ive been revamping my get home bag also. I talked to Walmart, but the truck was in the main back corner of the lot and they didnt have any decent video.

I am really sorry to hear about this Jordan.

I'm glad your BOB/GHB and rifle weren't available to the thieving bastards.

I had my truck broken into in Slidell LA in 1995. I had a Glock 23, 3 magazines, and a Surefire flashlight stolen. It was in the multistory parking lot of the hospital I worked at...

(with what was professed to be: Security :cool: ).

My home owners insurance paid for my loss. State Farm at the time.

The Glock is still listed with NCIC and I yet a yearly telephone call from Slidell PD that keeps it active on the list. I'm sure it was tossed in one of the many swamps around New Orleans long ago...

So...Have you checked with your homeowners insurance yet? Sorry if I missed this if it was already mentioned.

Good Luck Jordan.

I honestly dont know. My best guess is random. The blades were laying in the floorboard but visible, and my masons bag and levels were in the front seat where I had set them when I got off work. Thanks for all the advice guys. I put the word out to the pawnshops. Its not really the monetary value, which is less than $1k. Though thats still a big chunk, and the levels and stuff I will have to replace asap for work. Its the violation thing. Probably a good thing I didnt catch them. I would be in jail, because I do not value a low life piece of ####s life more than the tools I make my living with and my security. :angry:

Ha, my first thought when reading you OP was that I was glad you didn't catch them in the act.

Didn't post that because I didn't feel like later explaining that you were way to cool of a dude to spend the rest of your days in jail over a lousy POS thief or thieves. I guess it's out of the bag now though...

Really glad they didn't get your weapon and that you and the wifey are safe and sound.