Truck got broken into

Spots

Man, I Hate a thief.  I got broken into a couple years ago ( luckily way before I got into guns). Just glad your carry weapons weren't in your truck. More likely it was someone on drugs. But this day and age, it could be anything. A lot of people have hit rock bottom( but even that is no reason to resort to thievery).

it has gotten to the point that you can not leave anything in your vehicle any more.  the dirt bags will break in and steal just about anything that is inside.  they are looking for anything to sell and/or trade for dope.  you should see some of the items we find on search warrants during low level dope dealers homes.  

I had a $100cd player stolen once. Stupid thief forgot the harness. Caused way more tha $100 worth of damage.
I think we should cut off thieves hands like them mid east boys do!

Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

Same here. broken window, ripped up dash, and they (?) got a cheap cd player and a couple of screwdrivers. And in my backyard no less.

Sorry Spots. We all feel your pain.

I feel for you Spots. You never know some of the items may turn up. I have been through this a few times myself and twice I got all the items back.

You can imagine how surprised I was to get a phone call from KPD saying they had recovered my safe from my business and it was unopened. Of course they had taken their time processing it,4 months, but I wasn't about to complain. The other time I was able to interrogate an employee until he finally admitted stealing some items and told me which pawn shop they were at. The kicker to that story is that I had to pay the pawn fees to get them back and then the court will make him pay restitution back to me. It was only $85 but they project it will be 5 years before I will see the money because they have him making weekly payments to the court for fines, costs, etc. and they get their money first and I get mine last, their exact words.

Hate ta hear it... I'm like others have posted; i hate a thief...  My bet is that they wuz watchin and saw ya leave with the wife... I understand the need ta leave a vehicle in an unfamiliar lot from time to time; but there are lots of thiefs out there lookin to steal somethin for the next hit of dope or to buy meth feed materials...

leroy

Guest Broomhead

Brother, I know how you feel. My wife and I had our house broken into early in our marriage. They tore the place apart and took everything. That feeling of being violated still haunts me today. Now, I'm a little OCD about locking the house and cars and drive my wife crazy for getting on to her about it. We never got any of it back. We aslo knew who did it, but had no proof/evidence to take to the cops. The cops came out and dusted for prints, but the only viable place to recover them was the window they got in through, and they had socks on their hands at that point. I do know that if I hadn't stopped by my second job to pick something up, I would had their butts.

I really hate thieves myself, there are only a few lower lifeforms on this planet. I hope you either get your stuff back or it doesn't cost you too much too replace it.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. I knew some of yall would understand the feeling well.

I wish you would have caught them , you appear to be a big ole boy. I would have like to of read the story in the news about you whipping their ass ! :)

I might have went to jail for assault, but I woukd do my damndest to make sure they remebered that beating every time they thought about doing it again

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. I knew some of yall would understand the feeling well.

I might have went to jail for assault, but I woukd do my damndest to make sure they remebered that beating every time they thought about doing it again

you mean they would remember every time they took their meal via IV drip or straw?

Sorry to hear that, I feel for ya.

Like most of y'all, I hate thieves too. Chances and odds are probably 1 in a hundred catching them in the act. In the early 1970's late at night I caught a guy laying on his back on the drivers side floor board on my car cutting out my brand new Cobra CB radio I had just installed that day. It was in my apartment complex parking lot. I had a very bad temper back in the day and didn't appreciate what he was doing and caused myself more monetary damage.

It cost me a couple hundred dollars to get the drivers door support brackets replaced and the drivers door aligned from slamming the door against his protruding legs as hard as I could a number of times. The cops thought it was pretty funny until the damage to his legs was discovered in the hospital and they paid a return visit for a formal statement. Thought I was in big trouble but no charges were filed.

The Glock is still listed with NCIC and I yet a yearly telephone call from Slidell PD that keeps it active on the list. I'm sure it was tossed in one of the many swamps around New Orleans long...

Not to hi-jack, but never lose hope. A former co-worker of mine got his level 4 flak and some other stuff stolen from his truck back in 1999. Well guess what turned up in a suspect's vehicle during a narcotics bust a couple weeks ago? Yep, his vest with the name tape still sewn on it. Never give up hope!

you mean they would remember every time they took their meal via IV drip or straw?

Well now that would depend on my mood. Which was pretty foul after losing my items. Does a sledge hammer count as a deadly weapon? (Sarcasm)

Well now that would depend on my mood. Which was pretty foul after losing my items. Does a sledge hammer count as a deadly weapon? (Sarcasm)

I think that would fall under the category of a blunt instrument so yep, it would be considered a weapon in the eyes of the law...........jmho

Guest Lester Weevils

It may be some kind of hex to even admit it, but did something real dumb that worked out OK last week.

Went to the local grocery in broad daylight, slammed the wrangler door and clicked the keyfob lock button and the jeep beeped, then went into the store without looking back.

Came out later, and the wrangler driver side door was wide open sitting out in the parking lot. Figgered I'd got ripped off, but amazingly all valuables and the pistol was still in the jeep. The door was still locked. Apparently I'd slammed the door on the seatbelt latch and then later the wind blew the door open. So the red bank save-a-lot must not have had any opportunistic scumbags in the parking lot that day.

I'm gonna make sure the door is completely closed from now on. A fella probably doesn't get that lucky more than once.

The other day I dutifully ensured that my doors were locked.  Came back to find I had left the window down.

I drive a really crappy looking truck, so more likely I get a bag of groceries set inside than something taken.

• Like 2

I think that would fall under the category of a blunt instrument so yep, it would be considered a weapon in the eyes of the law...........jmho

Notice the sarcasm at the end? It was a joke

Btw, I did not mean to come off cocky in the above. I may have stumbled onto the wrong person and gotten my ass whipped. Though I like to think at 6'1", 250 lbs, and a almost 20 years experince in martial arts, as well as being a Marine, and have the arms of a blacksmith and block mason I might stand somewhat of a chance. Lol

Ill keep up hope that I see my stuff again, but Ive already replaced most of it. The knives were the cheapest to replace, but definetly took the most work. The levels were top of the line Crick levels and the trowel was an almost new W. Rose. Mags were new, but at least most of the ammo was bulk pack federal. The axe is the only irreplaceable item since it was an antique and my dads first axe, but oh well. I am just glad they didnt rip out my radio or bust my glass. I should have left the levels and stuff behind the seat, but its hard in a single cab truck already full of stuff. Will definetly change where and how I leave it from now on.

I tooks the rifle out not long ago and Ive been revamping my get home bag also. I talked to Walmart, but the truck was in the main back corner of the lot and they didnt have any decent video.

Best place to park like that is in WM's "designated overnight parking area". Their security guys do extra patrols in those sections when vehicles are there. You can also inform their security and/or management of your parking to ensure that they will do the extra patrols.

This is WM's corporate policy that all stores must comply with.