Knoxville gun show negligent discharge

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

Me and cz9 are at the Knoxville show. Selling some stuff. 10 minutes ago bang. Sounded like a 22. We're about 40 feet away. Out of the last 6 shows I've been to this makes 3rd ng. Cops over there now looking at the hole in the wall.

Edit. So I was told guy came in and sold vendor a rifle. Vender set it on the table. Someone picked it up and pulled the trigger and it fired and hit the wall. Took the tube out and there were 3 or 4 more rounds in the tube. Vendor came with 3 other guys who had tables and all 3 were told to leave. Cops checking path to find were it ricocheted off the wall.

Bad for those guys, hate to see it but I said I wasn't going to another show after the last one. Thinking this will be my last. Don't want to be injured or worse.

Good show though. Lots of people.
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Thought someone had to check guns from individuals coming in the shows? If that is the case, what did CCA do wrong,

other than not do what everyone should?

Edited by 6.8 AR

Thought someone had to check guns from individuals coming in the shows? If that is the case, what did CCA do wrong,
other than do what everyone should?

Plenty of blame to go around it seems.

1)Idiot who brought loaded gun to gunshow to sell.
2)Person who checked the gun coming in (I'd cut a tiny bit of slack here).
3)Vendor who put a loaded gun on their table
4)Idiot who picks up gun off table and pulls trigger without checking.

All four should have been put in stocks in the parking lot.
  • Like 4

+1,000...sounds like a lot of dumbassery going around!

• Like 1

Every show I have ever been to they check our guns at the door to make sure they are not loaded. Sounds like someone dropped the ball at that show and could have cost someone their life.  If I pick up a gun on a table to look at , first thing I do is check and make sure it is not loaded. Just a habit I got into many years ago and still do today. Only someone with a few brain cells not working would just pick up a gun off a table and pull the trigger. Maybe a person that would do that does not need to own a gun...........jmho

• Like 1

Why cut them any slack? They do it for the promoter and the building's liability costs. I've never been cut any slack and

the few times I've taken a gun into a gun show, they always checked and zipped it. But everyone along the line has responsibility

for gun safety.

Why cut them any slack? They do it for the promoter and the building's liability costs. I've never been cut any slack and
the few times I've taken a gun into a gun show, they always checked and zipped it. But everyone along the line has responsibility
for gun safety.

Lots of guns, lots of different types of guns. It's not hard to miss something on a boring, repetitive job. But it's only the merest sliver of slack I'd cut. This was the job they were there to do.
1)Could have been checked at the door, then loaded (this could happen very easily.
2) buyer should have checked before putting it on his table for sale. Gun sales 101.
3) person taking the gun from the table would think it was safe. I don't. I always check even if I see it is cleared by the salesman. I rack the slide or spin the wheel on a wheel gun. I guess I don't trust anyone ;).

This is still a bad seen.
  • Like 1
Throw blame around however you like, but the only blame I see is the idiot that picked up the gun and pulled the trigger. If it wasn’t for him the others mistakes would not have mattered.

People whine if guns get checked at the door and whine if they don’t; but the reason for it is obvious.
  • Like 1
I was there and heard it from across the room. Couple of guys standing next to me said "here we go again" when it happened. Did not see anybody panic so I kind of forgot about it. I am waiting for it to happen outside one of these days. Way too many guns out there that are never checked. I get nervous just standing in line looking at all the idiots with fingers on the triggers and closed actions. Just a matter of time before someone is killed and after the last two or three gun shows being a complete waste of time I have come to the decision it aint gonna be me.

Litmus test of blame, who would the lawyers go after if someone in deed had been shot/killed/suffered greatly:  I like to assume the ones with money:

>Promoter & Employees.  Assume the rent cops who check guns are paid employees or contractors

>Gun Owner

>Property Owner

>If the rent a cop is a contractor, then the rent a cop

Litmus test of blame, who would the lawyers go after if someone in deed had been shot/killed/suffered greatly:  I like to assume the ones with money:

>Promoter & Employees.  Assume the rent cops who check guns are paid employees or contractors

>Gun Owner

>Property Owner

I believe you have a good list.

I would reorder it.

First the one that pulled the trigger.

Then the Vendor that was involved, then Promoter, and maybe the ones that checked at the door to see if loaded.

Edited by vontar
  • Like 1

>Gun Owner

>Property Owner

Don't forget to add the rifle and ammo manufacturers to the junkyard dog lawyer's list.  And maybe even Bush.

Though I agree the trigger puller is an idiot, but likely not liable.  He was just an innocent consumer roaming the aisles in a reasonable thought to be safe environment, and looked at a interesting firearm not expecting it to be loaded an accidently pulled the trigger while handling.  At least that would be the story I would I tell.  Plus, he likely has no serious money.  Again, the attorney would go after the money people.  Even the city of Knoxville could be added.

Though I agree the trigger puller is an idiot, but likely not liable.  He was just an innocent consumer roaming the aisles in a reasonable thought to be safe environment, and looked at a interesting firearm not expecting it to be loaded an accidently pulled the trigger while handling.  At least that would be the story I would I tell.  Plus, he likely has no serious money.  Again, the attorney would go after the money people.  Even the city of Knoxville could be added.

Besides the obvious don't pull the trigger until ready to shoot.  Isn't it somewhat harmful to a rimfire to to repeatedly dry fire them?  I don't dry fire mine at all.

• Like 1
Guest tdoccrossvilletn

Though I agree the trigger puller is an idiot, but likely not liable. He was just an innocent consumer roaming the aisles in a reasonable thought to be safe environment, and looked at a interesting firearm not expecting it to be loaded an accidently pulled the trigger while handling. At least that would be the story I would I tell. Plus, he likely has no serious money. Again, the attorney would go after the money people. Even the city of Knoxville could be added.

YOU DON'T ACCIDENTALLY PULL THE TRIGGER!

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.