Phil removed from Duck Dynasty...

NoBanStan

I'm flummoxed at the outrage from either side of this debate. The folks who are now up in arms over the response from the gay community, A&E, Cracker barrel , etc., are the very same folks who were all gung-ho about piling on the Dixie Chicks for voicing their opinions about George Bush being a less than stellar Vice President. I think people aren't happy unless they're pissed at someone.

A common enemy with common hatred will always bring a crowd together. It just does....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

You have this exactly correct. What far too many Christians misunderstand is what Christ seems to be referring to in regards to "sin". You are correct. Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. He spoke about sin, forgiveness, and love. As I read the New Testament, Jesus was referring to sin as any self-indulgent behavior that gets between you, your relationship with God, and your ability to love one another.

What is amazing to me is the fact that the Jewish law contained in the Old Testament that Christians keep referencing as absolute truth is essentially the same legal code utilized by Sharia law that is criticized by Christians as being backward and barbaric.

- Christians believe that Jewish/Mosaic law is divinely inspired and was passed to mankind through Moses:
- Muslims believe Sharia law is divinely inspired and passed to mankind through Muhammed.
- Mosaic and Sharia law govern virtually all aspects of social life, family life, and individual morality.
- Both call for similar punishments of banishment, stoning, and hanging for violations of that law.
- Both texts prohibit eating "unclean" foods, like pork. Yes, all you God-fearing people insisting that Old Testament law is absolute are sinning by eating pork. Need proof? Here ya go:

Think about that next time you eat a Baconator and joke about how you'll roll your bullets in bacon grease before shooting Muslims.

The book of Leviticus also sanctions slavery, requires you to perform animal sacrifices, prohibits eating shellfish, outlaws wearing wool and linen garments, and mandates capital punishment by stoning for adultery of any kind (for women only, of course) and for using the Lord's name in vain. In response to this, people will say that Jesus' birth, death, and resurrection changed things. Yet a majority of Christians - at least in my perception - have held onto this one single verse about homosexuality and proclaim it to be absolute and unchanging truth.

Here was my response to someone on Facebook regarding a question that is very similar to this point. I cite New Testament scripture that specifically talks of two men in one bed and how one would be taken in the rapture while the other would not. Christ commanded Christians to put away their swords. Christ commanded us to love one another. Is comparing someone's private love-life to having sex with animals what Christ would have done?

[font='times new roman'] [/font]

[font='times new roman'][font=Arial]The Old Testament law was an agreement between God and the Jewish people. It was never intended for Gentiles (non Jews). All the rules about eating shellfish and such were for the Jewish people.[/font][/font]

[font='times new roman'][font=Arial]Christ did address sin with the woman at the well that had been caught in adultery.” go and sin no more” [/font][/font]

[font='times new roman'][font=Arial]Only a very little of what Christ did and said is captured in scripture just because he is not quoted in the bible about this does not mean it is not addressed as a sin.[/font][/font]

[font='times new roman'][font=Arial]Romans 1[/font][/font]

[font='times new roman'][font=Arial]24Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves,25because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.[/font][/font]

[font='times new roman'][font=Arial]26For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;27and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.[/font][/font]

[font='times new roman'][font=Arial]28And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.29They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips,30slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,31foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.32Though they know God’s decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.[/font][/font]

[font='times new roman'][font=Arial][font=Arial]Just a quick check of anatomy tells me that we were not created for same sex relationships. Two men can never reproduce and two women cannot naturally reproduce. [/font][/font][/font]

[font='times new roman'][font=Arial][font=Arial]Mostly the parts just do not fit the way they do with the opposite sex.[/font][/font][/font]

[font='times new roman'][font=Arial][font=Arial]I would agree that some folks have tendency to be attracted to the same sex. That can be caused by a variety of things. Bad experiences with the opposite sex, abuse at a young age, I even read where growing up in a female dominated home can create confusion for some, not having a father figure to help establish the example of normality.[/font][/font][/font]

[font='times new roman'][font=Arial][font=Arial]I would also ad none of the above sins are unforgiveable. There is only one unpardonable sin and homosexuality is not it. [/font][/font][/font] Edited by 45guy
  • Like 1
Guest TresOsos

“I promise you that any of the sinful things you say or do can be forgiven, no matter how terrible those things are. But if you speak against the Holy Spirit, you can never be forgiven. That sin will be held against you forever.” — Mark 3:28-29

[quote name="R_Bert" post="1082434" timestamp="1387677138"]Wow. From USA Today, no less - [url="http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/12/19/duck-dynasty-bible-religion-palin-robertson-column/4124181/"]http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/12/19/duck-dynasty-bible-religion-palin-robertson-column/4124181/[/url][/quote] Wow, color me surprised.

“I promise you that any of the sinful things you say or do can be forgiven, no matter how terrible those things are. But if you speak against the Holy Spirit, you can never be forgiven. That sin will be held against you forever.” — Mark 3:28-29

That verse is logically a direct contradiction of itself.  But I'm thinking it might be more effective than my international sign as a thumper deterrent -- "pass me by, it's too late already".

- OS

Does anyone remember this controversy ???
Always a line at chik filet.... Regardless of their beliefs..may be a little short on cars w rainbow stickers but what the owner got into by opinion making on the lbtg was far worse than anything the wise quackery could brew....umy2a8y4.jpg

Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

A lazy argument??? I've provided multiple explanations and verses to frame my argument. What do you have? A single verse from the Old Testament mixed in with the verses that say you can't eat bacon and oysters while wearing a linen shirt while you are selling your daughter at the slave market. You'd rather just read a single verse of the Bible and use it as a stand-alone statement rather than read it within the context of the whole book? You can't actually address the argument without an insult? You

Who's the lazy one here?

I called your argument lazy. I didn't call you lazy. Do you understand the difference?

I stand by it. Just because Jesus isn't on record in the NT targeting homosexuality is not an indicator that he approved of it. That's the argument that I think is lazy because everyone on that side of it repeats it like it's some kind of mantra. It doesn't prove anything. Edited by daddyo

Charlie "MaSheen" Sheen has chimed in:
[font='Source Sans Pro']
hey Mallard brained[/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro']Phil Robertso![/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']you have offended and hurt so many dear friends of mine,[/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']who DO NOT have the voice or the outreach that I do.[/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']well news flash[/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']shower-dodger,[/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']I will speak loudly and clearly for ALL of them.[/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']so,[/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']just when your desperately sub evolved ass thought the pressure was off,[/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']you are now in the crosshairs of a MaSheen style media [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']beat down. [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro'](I'll try to keep the big words to a minimum as not to confuse you)[/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro']your statements were and are[/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']abhorrently and [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']mendaciously unforgivable.[/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro']the idea that you have a job [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']outside of dirt-clod stacking [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']is a miracle. [/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro']the only 'Dynasty' you are attached to might be the [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']re-runs of that dated show. [/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro']the only thing you should ever be in charge of building is a hole in the ground the exact size of[/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']your head.[/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']perhaps your beard would fit as well if you plucked out the [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']army of scabies and [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']bull weevils sequestered deep in it's sarcophagus of dander and weasel pelts. [/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro']shame on you. [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']you're the only surviving [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']brain donor I've ever known. [/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro']when the gators and Egrets [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']kick you out of their [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']hovel, [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']you need to make serious amends to those you have [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']radically offended. [/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro']on the eight day [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']when I was whittling my cosmic banjo, [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']I'm pretty sure YOU were the scattered dross I then used to light a fire and [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']locate the nearest [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']Andy Gump. [/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro']repulsed by you; [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']c sheen[/font]

[font='Source Sans Pro']hash tag; [/font]
[font='Source Sans Pro']Duck; that was me.[/font]

His argument makes about as much sense any of the ones coming from the left.
  • Like 2
Guest Bonedaddy

they might own Duck Dynasty but do they own Duck Commander?

Jesus damns fags,  we get it.

They own Duck and Buck Commander. You'll see it on the side of their shop on the show, as well.

Guest Bonedaddy

Thou shalt mind their own damn business.

Zackly! I cain't understand what part of "GET OFF MY DAMN YARD!" other people don't understand. Like I've said before, there is much more meanin' to that statement than most realize. I shouldn't hafta put a damn sign in my yard for folks to know that.

His argument makes about as much sense any of the ones coming from the left.

That was not even an argument. That was just Charlie Sheen proving to the world that he has smoked so much Mary Jane that he has next to zero brain cells functioning. He is also calling the kettle black because he also got booted from 2 1/2 men for his stupidity and not for saying anything about any one....................jmho

Guest Bonedaddy

They're discussin' this on that Sunday mornin' show with George Steppedinalotofthis and their BS is all about the money and how Phil is so ignorant of the bible and whatnot (mostly the black woman on there sayin' that, of course) and how he has to be stupid to think blacks were happy way back then. These people tend to not realize that this was HIS life and experiences and he was just stating the truth as he saw it and lived it. Had to turn the damn channel 'cause their stupidity was repulsive. There is no tolerance left in this country, it seems, 'cept by us redneck woods lovers and not many of us, at that. I still say humans are just damn parasites that inevitably will kill their host.