Well MAGPUL wasn't kidding

mcordell

I got tired of asking local officials and reps to gun for the gun-guys business.

It was getting embarrassing. 

There are some incredible sites and resources in this area, but no real evidence that they went after any of the outfits relocating (hope I am wrong).

B.

Give me a year or so and I might have a governor like Rick Perry.  May have to move to TX to find a job myself.

I understand why Magpul made their choices. Cheyenne is right across the state line. So is north Texas if you ignore the OK panhandle (as you should). That company is made up of lots of key folks. In that part of the world, moving to Cheyenne is almost like moving to the burbs. It's a big deal getting a large group people to move. Asking them to move to another region would get very poor results.

I just put some magpul furniture on my AR.  I need a set of flip up sights.  I can't use their front sight, (it's going on a railed gas block) but I think I'll order their rear sight and pair it with someone else's metal front sight.

Yep. I'm glad they stuck to their word on this one. I hope Beretta/Kahr/Remington do the same. Side note...Must be nice to live in a state that will aggressively pursue these manufacturing jobs. 

It must be...it's a shame we don't live in such a state!

Haslam and the clowns (Ramsey and Harwell) certainly aren't going to do anything to bring firearm manufacturing jobs to Tennessee which is a sad commentary on the patron state of "shootin stuff"

It must be...it's a shame we don't live in such a state!

Haslam and the clowns (Ramsey and Harwell) certainly aren't going to do anything to bring firearm manufacturing jobs to Tennessee which is a sad commentary on the patron state of "shootin stuff"

Actually TN is in the running for 3 gun or ammo manufacturers right now. Magpul was discussed, but they had no desire to leave the general area. Hard to believe due to the ease of logistics in TN. Tennessee is usually ranked in the top 5 in the country in recruitment of manufacturing jobs. 

I understand why Magpul made their choices. Cheyenne is right across the state line. So is north Texas if you ignore the OK panhandle (as you should). That company is made up of lots of key folks. In that part of the world, moving to Cheyenne is almost like moving to the burbs. It's a big deal getting a large group people to move. Asking them to move to another region would get very poor results.

As I understand it, Magpul itself has only around 100 employees, and the actual molding company isn't theirs, although most of its biz is Magpul's.

Not sure how that all figures into their decisions about relocation, though.

- OS

Actually TN is in the running for 3 gun or ammo manufacturers right now. Magpul was discussed, but they had no desire to leave the general area. Hard to believe due to the ease of logistics in TN. Tennessee is usually ranked in the top 5 in the country in recruitment of manufacturing jobs. 

My point was that the current administration is not courting them which they should be - if Remington or any of other firearm related manufacturer decides to open facilities in Tennessee it will be more in spite of the current administration than because of it.

Haslem and his lapdogs will certainly give lip-service to wanting them and will no doubt take credit should any decided to open facilities but Haslam, Ramsey, are Harwell are not friends to the firearm community (beyond saying what is necessary to get elected).

Edited by RobertNashville

Tell them to turn up the wick.

I just put some magpul furniture on my AR. I need a set of flip up sights. I can't use their front sight, (it's going on a railed gas block) but I think I'll order their rear sight and pair it with someone else's metal front sight.

Magpul now makes an all metal version of their flip up sights. I believe they call the the MBUS Pro