Two More Vintage .22

DAdams

Two More Vintage .22s
One of my neighbors is moving to FL. They are getting on in age and none of the Kids wanted Great Grandpas rifles.
I have known these folks for five years and they know my affinity for firearms. This was the first time I made an offer for guns where they refused my initial offer because it was too high!! I offered twenty five dollars less and they caved.

I also received 100 rounds of 22LR and a 12 pack of Yuengling. I haven't dated the two exactly yet
But they are roughly vintage mid 1930s.

Remington Model 33 bolt action single shot.

Winchester Model 63 Semiauto. Blowback operation.

These two rifles spent their early lives earning a living hunting rabbits and squirrels in East Tennessee. They carry their minor scars of two generations of use with elegant grace.

$150 for the pair.

image_zps0f56e0bd.jpg

image_zps6f9c9676.jpg

image_zps2bc7b547.jpg

The Winchester easily breaks down in seconds.

image_zps002247b7.jpg

Edited by DAdams
  • Like 2

Those are nice! My grandpa has an old Remington model 34 bolt action I cleaned up for him the other day. I can say with certainty that gun does NOT break down quickly. It looks like all of the internal pins were peened in placed then grinded off! Of course that may be by design as you can clean it mostly without dissasembly. Other than that one screw.

I have my grandfather's old Model 33. It sat in a closet for decades and got passed on to me when he died. It was a tack driver and all I did was load a round into it. Awesome gun for plinking and a fantastic gun to teach someone with.

I also received 100 rounds of 22LR and a 12 pack of Yuengling. I haven't dated the two exactly yet
But they are roughly vintage mid 1930s.

I'd put those on the shelf, doubt that old .22LR will go off, and the Yuengling is probably ruined being that old. Neat conversation pieces though...

... JK! Nice find, bet they're fun rifles. I love old .22's!

I'd put those on the shelf, doubt that old .22LR will go off, and the Yuengling is probably ruined being that old. Neat conversation pieces though...

... JK! Nice find, bet they're fun rifles. I love old .22's!

The beer was only a couple weeks old. I drank most of it already. The ammo is from Walmart I don't think it's over 7 years old.
  • Like 1

The last picture is not the same gun as in the previous pictures.

Good eye!!

I took the liberty of using it to illustrate the breakdown concept. Other than color, dents and dings what was the tipoff? Edited by DAdams

It pays to be a good neighbor! Congratulations on the two .22. Wouldn't you like to know the history on the owner/owners of those guns from when they were bought new!

I actually do. They were purchased new in the mid to late 30s to 50s and spent their game taking useful life in East TN. The rest of their lives were spent in a closet in FL and East TN with the Daughter/Grand Daughter until she sold them to me last week.

The scope ;)

Good eye.
That too. :-)

I'm surprised despite the marginal photo quality then you didn't see the three brass pins that were inserted to repair the split in the stock. Pretty good job and adds to the character. The current owner didn't observe that nor did she know the story on that. Edited by DAdams